Beige Caviar - Leather Conditioner after LS

bealright

Jan 21, 2008
Hello friends,

I sent my bag to LS for spa services and just got it home today. As the title suggests, it’s a beige caviar bag (a jumbo double flap ghw). I’m quite disheartened as I was quite clear and adamant I did not want the entire bag dyed and I was assured through a very detailed response from LS prior to agreeing to repairs that they would take a minimal and as needed approach. I told them that it was very important to me that integrity of the caviar remain as original as possible.

Lo and behold, the bag came back completely redyed and the caviar has lost its shine and luster. I’ve sent an email to them expressing how unhappy I am.. Is there anything anyone would recommend that I can use to recondition my bag? My main concern at this point is the shine/luster that my bag initially had. I’ve done quite some searches as to how best condition caviar leather, but there doesn’t seem to be a clear answer and from what I can see.. most recommendations are for Lambskin only.

Thank you in advance!

0EA25B78-7B5C-4CB1-983E-50E331809434.jpeg

59AB8C62-F024-492F-93AD-42956EC4CE40.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: snowbubble
Hello friends,

I sent my bag to LS for spa services and just got it home today. As the title suggests, it’s a beige caviar bag (a jumbo double flap ghw). I’m quite disheartened as I was quite clear and adamant I did not want the entire bag dyed and I was assured through a very detailed response from LS prior to agreeing to repairs that they would take a minimal and as needed approach. I told them that it was very important to me that integrity of the caviar remain as original as possible.

Lo and behold, the bag came back completely redyed and the caviar has lost its shine and luster. I’ve sent an email to them expressing how unhappy I am.. Is there anything anyone would recommend that I can use to recondition my bag? My main concern at this point is the shine/luster that my bag initially had. I’ve done quite some searches as to how best condition caviar leather, but there doesn’t seem to be a clear answer and from what I can see.. most recommendations are for Lambskin only.

Thank you in advance!

View attachment 4775220

View attachment 4775221
wow I'm surprised... LS I'm assuming means Leather Spa?? Normally they are pretty good

Yes, leather surgeons! I’m quite heartbroken.. as you can see I didn’t feel the bag needed a complete redye. There were only areas on the bottom and sides of the bag that I wanted touched up.
ooo Leather Surgeons is different than Leather Spa!!! I have the same bag and never conditioned it in my life but I just bought a Saphir delicate cream to condition it (haven't tried it yet). Idk if you can buff the leather with a chamois or something to make it shiny? .. hopefully someone with better knowledge/experience can chime in soon!!

Regardless, I'm sure there HAS TO BE a way to get your beautiful beige bag back to normal! ;)

That is terrible what happened to your bag, so sad. It was beautiful before, what the heck were they thinking! If they used leather paint, its basically a layer of acrylic on top of the leather, theres no way to get the shine back.

Hello friends,

Thank you in advance!

View attachment 4775220

View attachment 4775221
Oh no I am so sorry to hear this. This makes me nervous now because I have one bag that I am sending to them. May I see the part that you needed touch up to see how it look like before that they feel the need to redye the whole bag?

Hi there! Here’s a picture of the bottom that had staining. As you can see from the other photo I posted of the before, there were no stains on the front or the back. I’ve seen them do marvelous jobs .. I’ not sure what happened with this one. To their credit, Gerry did call me personally and offered to “strip” the pigment which he says would take it back to its original condition, but by this point I didn’t want anything else done to the bag.

What kind of bag are you sending in and for what services?

Oh no I am so sorry to hear this. This makes me nervous now because I have one bag that I am sending to them. May I see the part that you needed touch up to see how it look like before that they feel the need to redye the whole bag?

Oops, here’s a photo of the before.

Hi there! Here’s a picture of the bottom that had staining. As you can see from the other photo I posted of the before, there were no stains on the front or the back. I’ve seen them do marvelous jobs .. I’ not sure what happened with this one. To their credit, Gerry did call me personally and offered to “strip” the pigment which he says would take it back to its original condition, but by this point I didn’t want anything else done to the bag.

9B4F226E-F68E-4304-9A6D-BDDE4551C699.jpeg

I sent it in a classic beige for a spa service also. Seeing this makes me worried. I heard great things about them too.

I’m sure your bag will be fine! Please know that throughout the process they were entirely professional to work with and all their other work (replating, polishing) was amazing, aside from the redye job. I really do not want to bash on them at all—I think this was just one of those rare cases in which something went wrong. I would still recommend them for dark colored bags and other work.

I sent it in a classic beige for a spa service also. Seeing this makes me worried. I heard great things about them too.