How is everyone planning their trips around COVID?

xayah

Jun 27, 2020
Hello all,

I am planning to get double jaw surgery and v-line in Korea. I have always had a protruding jaw and tons of other issues and I'm finally thinking about biting the bullet! I've done a ton of research and I feel like The Face Dental would be good for me, mostly because the prices they quoted me at were a lot cheaper than other clinics, Dr. Lee speaks English, and he's more specialized than just a plastic surgeon.

My question is: How is everyone planning their trips to Korea around COVID? I want to do it by the end of this year but I don't know if the COVID restrictions for the two week quarantine will be lifted by then. I'm hoping to go when it is lifted because I work full time and I don't want to go to Korea to just stay in a room for two weeks.

Hi it’s not clear when the covid restrictions will be lifted. Coronavirus is getting worse in the states. Europe won’t let Americans in.
a mandatory 2 week quarantine is expensive

You need at least 4 weeks for jaw surgery in Korea

however it’s a very invasive surgery that really requires long term follow for the whole year after so I recommend you get jaw surgery in your country

I have heard good things about the face dental though .are they working with your orthodontist?

I personally went to South Korea in December 2019 and got two jaw surgery by Dr Oh at Regen Plastic surgery , also a genioplasty and he illegally did a v line I agreed to a mini v line
He pushed my jaws so backward my mouth is concave and he compressed my airway and I have been diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea and require a cpap machine at night , also a revision surgery

So I warn you this is an invasive surgery and really scary and learn from my mistake

The photos are all photoshopped and with filters

here’s my story and its on relaself

I had jaw surgery 6 months ago in South Korea. I initially went there because my chin was receded and I wanted a genioplasty. The surgeon said I had a protruded mouth and the best was two jaw surgery and a genioplasty. He said he would move my mouth back a little and forward my chin. However after the surgery and swelling gone my jaws were pushed too far back and my chin was not advanced. He also performed a v line (shaved my jaws on sides) without my permission. I did not consent to this. I had choking epidoes, snoring and my partner noticed I wasn’t breathing at night. I have been diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea and a narrow airway. I have a concave mouth now and small chin and my jaws are shaved.
The surgeon has ignored me for 3 months since I have questioned him and asked for a refund. He has not taken responsibility. I have to use a cpap now. I also have a numbness., tightness, food stuck in my mouth, trismus. There are a lot of other complications. I have lost my confidence and am depressed

Now I need a revision surgeon that will address my esthetics and function to help fix my face and my sleep apnea

I need to advance my jaws and possibly revise the genioplasty if needed. My jawline cannot come back unfortunately but there are implants if after the double jaw surgery

I think it's harder to find a specialized surgeon in North America willing to do double jaw for purely cosmetic reasons. I tried asking around. Most specialized clinics said they don't operate if for such reasons. But even the few that said they can recommended against that. And this wasn't even for double jaw, it was for a less invasive surgery.

Yes double jaw surgery should not be for only cosmestic reasons it is an invasive surgery and if you have no functional problems you shouldn’t do it

what was the less invasive surgery ?
I think it's harder to find a specialized surgeon in North America willing to do double jaw for purely cosmetic reasons. I tried asking around. Most specialized clinics said they don't operate if for such reasons. But even the few that said they can recommended against that. And this wasn't even for double jaw, it was for a less invasive surgery.

Reactions: dinoca
Yes double jaw surgery should not be for only cosmestic reasons it is an invasive surgery and if you have no functional problems you shouldn’t do it

what was the less invasive surgery ?
thanks Enlighten99, I wish I knew who to listen to. I've been struggling with this decision for a long time. Yea I have no functional problems but am really self conscious

"less" invasive. it was genio, and the candidness was great. On top of the more serious side effects, they were also concerned about how that would alter my face visually... side effects that seem to be brushed off here like the double chin? I don't know how big a deal those are and need to research more.

Hi I would try fillers first like juvaderm it is reversible or a chin implant
For the neck there is neck lipo

the jaw surgery is brutal

you can post a pic here and block your eyes and we can give advice

thanks Enlighten99, I wish I knew who to listen to. I've been struggling with this decision for a long time. Yea I have no functional problems but am really self conscious

"less" invasive. it was genio, and the candidness was great. On top of the more serious side effects, they were also concerned about how that would alter my face visually... side effects that seem to be brushed off here like the double chin? I don't know how big a deal those are and need to research more.

Hi I would try fillers first like juvaderm it is reversible or a chin implant
For the neck there is neck lipo

the jaw surgery is brutal

you can post a pic here and block your eyes and we can give advice
thank you for the suggestions. Yea I'm ok with withstanding temporary pain and discomfort but worry about troublesome side effects and don't want to have to keep paying for lipo and lifts my life or get troublesome side effects

I thought of doing that... maybe later on if I really get lost

Hello all,

I am planning to get double jaw surgery and v-line in Korea. I have always had a protruding jaw and tons of other issues and I'm finally thinking about biting the bullet! I've done a ton of research and I feel like The Face Dental would be good for me, mostly because the prices they quoted me at were a lot cheaper than other clinics, Dr. Lee speaks English, and he's more specialized than just a plastic surgeon.

My question is: How is everyone planning their trips to Korea around COVID? I want to do it by the end of this year but I don't know if the COVID restrictions for the two week quarantine will be lifted by then. I'm hoping to go when it is lifted because I work full time and I don't want to go to Korea to just stay in a room for two weeks.

I postponed my trip to Korea because of the quarantine too. It's $2100 now.. But I didn't decide on the clinic yet so I'm thinking is it better to decide on clinic in advance and should I put deposit before coming to Korea??

No you should set up multiple consultations when you get there and decide
Don’t decide one clinic and put the deposit they never give it back

you have to check everything the cleanliness, the surgeon the certification
Get copies of your consent form get copies of your imaging
Don’t pay cash at all

protect yourself

I postponed my trip to Korea because of the quarantine too. It's $2100 now.. But I didn't decide on the clinic yet so I'm thinking is it better to decide on clinic in advance and should I put deposit before coming to Korea??

No you should set up multiple consultations when you get there and decide
Don’t decide one clinic and put the deposit they never give it back

you have to check everything the cleanliness, the surgeon the certification
Get copies of your consent form get copies of your imaging
Don’t pay cash at all

protect yourself

Thank you! They just post different promotions if we put the deposit and I thought it is cheaper

Does anyone know a good rhino surgeon?

Sure .. yeah they want To get you with the discounts .. they likely inflate the price and then give you the “discount” rate

I am not sure about rhino is it a primary or a revision you need?

sometimes the smaller clinics are better too the ones only Koreans know about the locals
Thank you! They just post different promotions if we put the deposit and I thought it is cheaper

Does anyone know a good rhino surgeon?

Sure .. yeah they want To get you with the discounts .. they likely inflate the price and then give you the “discount” rate

I am not sure about rhino is it a primary or a revision you need?

sometimes the smaller clinics are better too the ones only Koreans know about the locals

It's going to be my first rhinoplasty