Bought and returned the WOC... Regret...

Saaski

Feb 25, 2020
I'm relatively new to luxury, but I fell in love with the Chanel camellia pattern in their SLGs. I went to a boutique intending to look at some cardholders the SA said they had in stock with the pattern.

And there was this GORGEOUS black WOC in cavier with the camellia pattern. I will admit it was more of an impulse buy, but I had the money saved since I had been planning to look at WOCs at some point, so it just seemed perfect.

I got home, unwrapped it, so excited... and my phone was too big for it. It bulged the sides out. If I tried to fit my keys too? It completely distorted the bag. I returned it the same day. But I can't help but regret it? I loved it so much and it was so beautiful. I keep thinking I made the wrong decision in returning it, but I'm also trying to tell myself that it just wouldn't work for me.

Have you ever had something like this happen? Please share so I don't feel alone! (Or if you have an opinion on the WOC and whether or not it works for you.)

I feel you. I buy a lot unseen and could sometimes get underwhelmed by my purchase.
But camella WOC is beautiful! I can fit a lot in my WOCs, including iPhone pro. Remember though that it’s not a bag but a “big” wallet that happens to have a chain. So if you have to pare down the contents. If not, then you made the right decision of letting it go.

I don't think a cell phone would fit in the WOC. It's definitely for cash and cards. It is a wallet but with chain that you can wear across body. I suggest you check out an actual bag instead like the mini classic flap bag.

If you really like the camelia pattern slgs, I see them still available (20P). I see pink, black and blue in both flat card holder and snap/flap card holder.

Reactions: Saaski
Luckily I can fit my phone in my WOC with no issues and room to spare but I do struggle with also fitting my inhaler, hand sanitizer, and keys without the side bulging slightly. It’s a tough decision especially when your phone doesn’t fit. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything because I absolutely love the WOC. Sorry, I know that’s not the type of response you were looking for. Did you consider a key pouch or holder for the keys and just sacrificing having to hold the phone? Maybe get a phone ring to make it a little less cumbersome?

When you fall in love with a bag it’s hard for anything else to take its place.

At one point I had 3 Chanel WOCs but now I only have one left - a gorgeous seasonal tweed WOC that only comes out in winter when I wear coats and long cardies with big pockets. That way I can still carry my keys and other essentials in my pockets while rocking the WOC.

I feel you. I buy a lot unseen and could sometimes get underwhelmed by my purchase.
But camella WOC is beautiful! I can fit a lot in my WOCs, including iPhone pro. Remember though that it’s not a bag but a “big” wallet that happens to have a chain. So if you have to pare down the contents. If not, then you made the right decision of letting it go.
I want to tell myself I made the right decision. I have been able to pare down my everyday carry a lot, actually due to COVID since I'm going out less and taking less with me. But my phone is definitely something I need to carry.

I haven't but I really would if I didn't have my WOC! My phone fits and I take the key of my ring when I wear mine. It holds my phone, key, lipstick and credit cards/cash. Love it!
I'm happy it works for you!

I don't think a cell phone would fit in the WOC. It's definitely for cash and cards. It is a wallet but with chain that you can wear across body. I suggest you check out an actual bag instead like the mini classic flap bag.

If you really like the camelia pattern slgs, I see them still available (20P). I see pink, black and blue in both flat card holder and snap/flap card holder.
I was hoping my phone would fit--I've watched a lot of "what fits" youtube videos so I was hoping but...
(I did actually pick up the pink snap cardholder! It really is beautiful.)

Luckily I can fit my phone in my WOC with no issues and room to spare but I do struggle with also fitting my inhaler, hand sanitizer, and keys without the side bulging slightly. It’s a tough decision especially when your phone doesn’t fit. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything because I absolutely love the WOC. Sorry, I know that’s not the type of response you were looking for. Did you consider a key pouch or holder for the keys and just sacrificing having to hold the phone? Maybe get a phone ring to make it a little less cumbersome?

When you fall in love with a bag it’s hard for anything else to take its place.
My keys are really bulky unfortunately, with my car key and fob + all my house keys. I'd considered maybe leaving my house kes in my car if I went out. The phone bulging out the sides worried me a lot more. I can't imagine fitting an inhaler in one!

Not a WOC fan.....I think the mini serves a better purpose in that it holds more.....I sold my WOC and I’ve never looked back.
If the mini had the camellia pattern, I'd consider that in a heartbeat!

The woc saver makes a huge difference in making more room. Maybe try your next one with this handy tool. I fit my phone, card holder, car fob and folded sunglasses in mine without issue. Otherwise, a mini might be your best bet.
Saver? I think I've heard of those. is that the little insert that fills out the bottom?
At one point I had 3 Chanel WOCs but now I only have one left - a gorgeous seasonal tweed WOC that only comes out in winter when I wear coats and long cardies with big pockets. That way I can still carry my keys and other essentials in my pockets while rocking the WOC.
Oh yes, that's true that depending on the season, you're more likely to have pockets on you. I hadn't really considered that. Huh.

Reactions: kylienarak
I have a Classic WOC and it does fit my phone. I also use the WOC Saver from time to time, as someone else suggested. You should be able to find it on eBay. I never store the WOC with the WOC Saver in it, and I do not overstuff and distort it. I have seen people carrying the WOC when it is clearly too full and all bent out of shape. That's when it's time for a handbag, unless you don't care about ruining it. This IS a wallet, for the most part. I guess the question is: are you willing to carry your phone another way? If not, you were right to return it.

Reactions: lulilu and Saaski
Update! I actually went back to the boutique yesterday. Had a really nice experience with an SA and looked at the WOC again. This time I came intending to LOOK at it, including fitting my phone, keypouch, and a cardholder (I know it's a wallet but it was something I wanted to see). Played Tetris to figure out if there was a best way for things to fit and... They did! It didn't even overstuff it into a bulging bottom (though a WOC saver sounds like a great idea). I think the first time was a mixture of panic, combined with disbelief that I'd actually gotten the item I wanted so much. Especially such a big purchase. Sleeping on it for a few days helped my perspective on that too, letting me see how sad I really was to return it and how much I wanted to make the camellia WOC work. Making this post and seeing all of your points helped too :smile:

So I bought it (again)! And am much happier about decision this second time around. I still can't quite believe it's mine.

20200703_141313_HDR.jpg

I’m happy to hear it worked out in the end. Looks great!

Update! I actually went back to the boutique yesterday. Had a really nice experience with an SA and looked at the WOC again. This time I came intending to LOOK at it, including fitting my phone, keypouch, and a cardholder (I know it's a wallet but it was something I wanted to see). Played Tetris to figure out if there was a best way for things to fit and... They did! It didn't even overstuff it into a bulging bottom (though a WOC saver sounds like a great idea). I think the first time was a mixture of panic, combined with disbelief that I'd actually gotten the item I wanted so much. Especially such a big purchase. Sleeping on it for a few days helped my perspective on that too, letting me see how sad I really was to return it and how much I wanted to make the camellia WOC work. Making this post and seeing all of your points helped too :smile:

So I bought it (again)! And am much happier about decision this second time around. I still can't quite believe it's mine.

View attachment 4778046

Reactions: Saaski