Length of VA bracelet with links removed

DS2006

O.G.
Sep 27, 2013
Has anyone had one link (double-link) removed between the 5 motifs, so a total of 4 removed? I wouldn't mind my motifs being closer, but I don't want the bracelet too short, either. I normally wear standard 7" bracelets, but the VA is more like 7.5" I'd love to know what the total length is with the 4 links removed. I was hoping to go to a boutique that had shortened samples to try on, but clearly that isn't happening anytime soon! Thanks in advance!

Thanks, @Phoenix123 ! Okay, so you had twice the amount removed. My wrists are about 6", so I know I couldn't have more than 1 link removed between each motif. Sounds like it might be around 6.75" with 4 total removed. I don't think I could decide that without trying on a sample bracelet. I am not altering the lapis, but for more casual bracelets I'd wear more often, I need to figure out the right length. I can't tolerate different lengths between the motifs, so for me, it's 4 or nothing!

Yes, I had twice the number of links removed than you're thinking of (with yours). Hmm...4 links might result in a slightly tighter fit. But you can try that.

I am the same. Different lengths would drive me bonkers too!

Oh, I am not having my lapis pave bracelets shortened either, as I plan to wear them linked as a 10-motif necklace. For bracelets, I will wear them twisted iykwim.

Last edited:
Thanks, @Phoenix123 ! Okay, so you had twice the amount removed. My wrists are about 6", so I know I couldn't have more than 1 link removed between each motif. Sounds like it might be around 6.75" with 4 total removed. I don't think I could decide that without trying on a sample bracelet. I am not altering the lapis, but for more casual bracelets I'd wear more often, I need to figure out the right length. I can't tolerate different lengths between the motifs, so for me, it's 4 or nothing!
It indeed would be 6.75" :smile:

Reactions: DS2006
I had 4 links removed and the length is a bit over 17cm. I should have taken out 2 more, but I don't want the asymmetrical look. So I just wear it on the looser fit. Hope it helps.

My wrists are around 14cm. But 8 links would definitely be too short for me. So this is the best option for you as well I think.

View attachment 4776035

Thank you! I like the way that looks. I just wish I could try one on! I know it would fit because my wrists are just under 16mm, but I don't know if 17 is too short or not without actually trying one on. Your bracelet is just gorgeous! I am very interested in the gray MOP, too!

@LuckyMe14 wow, love your gray MOP! do they still offer this in boutiques?
Thanks so much! I love it too! This is not a standard offering, but a special order. You can make a request for it with your SA. It is in the ‘standard’ list of SO requests. But you need to pay 30% extra and it takes some take for you to receive it. However for me it was totally worth it, because I love GMOP so much ;)

Thanks so much! I love it too! This is not a standard offering, but a special order. You can make a request for it with your SA. It is in the ‘standard’ list of SO requests. But you need to pay 30% extra and it takes some take for you to receive it. However for me it was totally worth it, because I love GMOP so much ;)

Mine was close to 50% (for the magic pendant). God knows how VCA prices their items!:annoyed:

ETA: I would not pay this ridiculous premium anymore - no matter how much I like an item.

ETA again: sorry about the thread jack, DS.

Last edited:
Mine was close to 50% (for the magic pendant). God knows how VCA prices their items!:annoyed:

ETA: I would not pay this ridiculous premium anymore - no matter how much I like an item.

ETA again: sorry about the thread jack, DS.

No, thread jack, Phoenix! On principle, I am trying to avoid SO, too. It's ridiculous to charge that much more for a different color gold!

Yes, I had twice the number of links removed than you're thinking of (with yours). Hmm...4 links might result in a slightly tighter fit. But you can try that.

I am the same. Different lengths would drive me bonkers too!

Oh, I am not having my lapis pave bracelets shortened either, as I plan to wear them linked as a 10-motif necklace. For bracelets, I will wear them twisted iykwim.

is there anyone who's had a total of 8 links removed (2 links between each motif) be willing to post modeling photos, and their wrist size? I have a 14cm wrist, my understanding is this short of a bracelet is 15.5cm in length, and I am 95% sure that when I tried the demo/sizer in the boutique last year, they told me "8 motifs removed." But common sense is telling me this is too short (I do wear all my bracelets snug though, 15 reg love, 16 love cuff), TIA!

Reactions: icedcoffee