Used reissue or jumbo double

What would u do for first Chanel? I’m concerned about weight of jumbo and how it’s not too casual.

• $7100 Buy new jumbo black ghw

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • $7100 Buy used reissue black ghw 227 and color 226

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • $5500 Buy used jumbo ghw and wait for reissue later

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • $3500 Buy used reissue 227 black and Wait for colorful jumbo later

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
I am a bit torn now. I think the reissue 227 in black ghw would be a great everyday bag for my casual life but I’ve been lusting after the jumbo double Gwh for a while. I could see myself either getting a color version of the reissue 226 and the black jumbo or vice versa. I’m concerned about all the issues with weight With the jumbo and also it’s such a formal bag. The jumbo will set me back about $5-6k or I could buy new. The reissue I’m eying is about $3500. What would you do?

1.) buy a new jumbo black ghw $(7500)

2.) buy a used black reissue 227 and used color 226 great condition ($7000)

3.) buy a slightly used jumbo ghw $5k And wait for a nice color reissue.

4.) buy a used reissue black ghw and look out for a medium flap Or color jumbo later ($8000)

I’d say go with what you’re lusting after because the feeling wouldn’t go away. But since you said the weight worries you, I hope below is useful.

Everyone has different opinion about Jumbo being too heavy or not. Some don’t bother but I read more complain than not. I also think it depends on someone’s fitness not merely only being bigger or smaller person. But based on people reviews, I never own nor have the Jumbo in my wishlist. I have 227 and think it’s the maximum I can tolerate. Honestly I’m thinking of selling it because after a few hours it started to feel heavy even though I don’t pack it full. I suggest you try them first before making a decision. If you can’t, here’s a numbers to help you consider (I got them from browsing this forum and my own bags):

Jumbo Caviar 1100-1236gr
M/L Caviar 629-690gr (mine
590gr. Almost the same as my lamb one surprisingly)

Reissue 227 aged calf 790gr (I put insert in mine so add 100gr)
Reissue 226 aged calf 680gr (mine is in so black chevron calf/puffier than standard aged calf and it’s 748gr)

I’ve never tried Jumbo in person but had Gucci tote with slightly lighter in weight and my hands and shoulders cried for help, lol. But I also had Balenciaga city regular in chevre within the range of the Jumbo weight and it’s not as painful as my Gucci. I think the bigger strap helped.

Good luck deciding!

I don't think it's the weight, because both bags are pretty light weight when compared to others. I think it's the chain strap, and what you put in the bag. Think about it:. Whatever is in your current bag (whatever that may be) you will want to transfer to the Jumbo (or Reissue). Neither bag holds much, so you'll actually put less than what you're currently carrying (unless you currently carry a mini lol). So it really boils down to the chain straps. It creates the perception of weight when it's actually simply uncomfortable (for some), but only once they transfer the contents. I own both and never once have they felt heavy. Not ever.

I guess u r right. I’ve tried to buy the jumbo twice from Tradesy and eBay. Both times fakes. Got money back but now trigger shy on the preloved market. So either Fashionphile which sells close to boutique or new for the jumbo if it’s black ghw. Hence why it’s cheaper if I went with reissue 227 in black and a bright lambskin for jumbo. But I think I’ve been brainwashed with that black caviar ghw classic. Ideas?

If you’ve been lusting after the jumbo double flap, I’d say go with that. I have a black caviar jumbo and love it. I don’t find it too formal, I wear it with jeans and flats. I’ve also read so many opinions about finding the jumbo heavy but I’ve always carried big bags and I don’t find it heavy or uncomfortable. I suppose if you compare it with a mini cross body, it probably is! If you hated it and wanted to get the reissue, I think it would sell for a good price so I don’t think there would be too many regrets. You just have to try it to see if it works for you and your lifestyle. Best of luck and let us know what you decide!

Reactions: Dannadrew
Yes u r so right. I’m a bit wary as I’ve purchased two fakes by accident on Tradesy and eBay and when I got them was underwhelmed. I know that fakes are not the same but I’m wondering if it’s just hype from everyone in my mind. Hence concerned about purchasing new.

I have a reissue 227 and don't find it heavy at all. All of the weight complaints I see on this forum seem to be about the Jumbo. Fashionphile is great! I have had extremely positive experiences with them. I vote for the pre-loved 227....it's a fantastic bag and I personally would not be able to stomach $7k+ for a bag.

Yes exactly! $7k plus tax is insane. I figure a color jumbo would be much better priced. And a black 227 more versatile. But the gold hw black caviar is always on my mind. Worried I’ll just continue to crave.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Yes exactly! $7k plus tax is insane. I figure a color jumbo would be much better priced. And a black 227 more versatile. But the gold hw black caviar is always on my mind. Worried I’ll just continue to crave.
Yoogies have some nice calf black with GHW for 37xx.... i like the reissue with a little bit of shine :smile:

if i pay full price i would do a classic flap since it holds bettervalue currently

Hi. I am a casual CC collector (only bought a few preowned CCs) but want to offer my opinion. I have a 227 GHW — it is a great bag for both casual and dressy. It is great for everyday since it can hold quite a bit and it is relatively easy for me to get in and out of. When I was researching my first CC, I found that many (not all) members think the Jumbo is a bit heavy. I tend to dress very casually so the Reissue’s understated casual look is another bonus for me.

Some things for you to consider: When you bought those (fake) Jumbos, did you have a chance to try them with your things inside to see how heavy they were and also did you try them with your typical outfits to see if they would work with your wardrobe? Also, what size bag do you typically carry? Will the Jumbo or 227 size be big enough for you so that you can use it often? Are you the type of person who gets tired of bags easily or change her mind easily about them (and want to sell)?

With all that said, I absolutely agree that if you have been lusting after a Jumbo, then you will likely NOT be able to stop thinking about it even after buying a Reissue. At least that’s how I am with bags :lol:. But honestly, not every bag one likes/lust after will work for one in reality.

I agree that if possible, you should try both the Jumbo and 227 at a boutique. If that’s not possible, here is a suggestion. Can you buy the best possible Jumbo on Fashionphile or Yoogis (two reputable resellers according to many forum members but as always, get at least 2 authentication)? Play with it at home for a bit to see if you like and can make it work for you. Then, make a decision at that point to either 1) keep it, 2) return it and buy new, or 3) return and buy a preowned Reissue (I would not buy a Reissue new due to terrible resell value). Of course, there’s a small risk involved like your bag getting lost somewhere when you mail it back or you accidentally rip off the tag so you couldn’t return for a full refund.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide :smile:

Hi. I am a casual CC collector (only bought a few preowned CCs) but want to offer my opinion. I have a 227 GHW — it is a great bag for both casual and dressy. It is great for everyday since it can hold quite a bit and it is relatively easy for me to get in and out of. When I was researching my first CC, I found that many (not all) members think the Jumbo is a bit heavy. I tend to dress very casually so the Reissue’s understated casual look is another bonus for me.

Some things for you to consider: When you bought those (fake) Jumbos, did you have a chance to try them with your things inside to see how heavy they were and also did you try them with your typical outfits to see if they would work with your wardrobe? Also, what size bag do you typically carry? Will the Jumbo or 227 size be big enough for you so that you can use it often? Are you the type of person who gets tired of bags easily or change her mind easily about them (and want to sell)?

With all that said, I absolutely agree that if you have been lusting after a Jumbo, then you will likely NOT be able to stop thinking about it even after buying a Reissue. At least that’s how I am with bags :lol:. But honestly, not every bag one likes/lust after will work for one in reality.

I agree that if possible, you should try both the Jumbo and 227 at a boutique. If that’s not possible, here is a suggestion. Can you buy the best possible Jumbo on Fashionphile or Yoogis (two reputable resellers according to many forum members but as always, get at least 2 authentication)? Play with it at home for a bit to see if you like and can make it work for you. Then, make a decision at that point to either 1) keep it, 2) return it and buy new, or 3) return and buy a preowned Reissue (I would not buy a Reissue new due to terrible resell value). Of course, there’s a small risk involved like your bag getting lost somewhere when you mail it back or you accidentally rip off the tag so you couldn’t return for a full refund.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide :smile:
Great advice! I’ve thought of that! I am even convincing myself a lambskin jumbo is ok when I know I’m roughy with bags!

I’m bigger set so the jumbo cross body hits at my hips. The 227 wouldn’t I imagine. I have young kids so that’s still an issue to be hands free. I even considered a mini but not at those insane prices. Would a woc be better?

I was an Lv girl but I’m getting older and feel Chanel is more alluring for me now. Biggest question is chanel jumbo at $7 worth it? If I buy it I would never sell- so is it better tojust buy new? Maybe I’ll try Fashionphile as u said but Their prices r close to retail now.

Reactions: Iamminda
Yoogies have some nice calf black with GHW for 37xx.... i like the reissue with a little bit of shine :smile:

if i pay full price i would do a classic flap since it holds bettervalue currently
Yes I love the aged calf skin!
Reissue def suits my style now. A bit edgy. I would not buy reissue new for sure. But problem is if Chanel jumbo is worth it new now.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Great advice! I’ve thought of that! I am even convincing myself a lambskin jumbo is ok when I know I’m roughy with bags!

I’m bigger set so the jumbo cross body hits at my hips. The 227 wouldn’t I imagine. I have young kids so that’s still an issue to be hands free. I even considered a mini but not at those insane prices. Would a woc be better?

I was an Lv girl but I’m getting older and feel Chanel is more alluring for me now. Biggest question is chanel jumbo at $7 worth it? If I buy it I would never sell- so is it better tojust buy new? Maybe I’ll try Fashionphile as u said but Their prices r close to retail now.

Sorry I don’t know anything about WOCs since they are way too small for me (I am an LV gal as well, can’t understand how anyone can use the tiny Pochette A or Felicie as bags :lol:). I agree that FP’s prices are too close or same as new so you might as well buy new....... only if you decide a Jumbo is the one for you (with your concern about weight and casual/dressy vibe). It’s a fun dilemma to be in :smile: — good luck :smile:

Yes I love the aged calf skin!
Reissue def suits my style now. A bit edgy. I would not buy reissue new for sure. But problem is if Chanel jumbo is worth it new now.
Idk i don’t think i would spend 6/7k on a purse personally. The most i have spent so far is 5k on a new Boy, which still bothers me and feel guilty to spend so much on a purse. But that is just my financial situation.