Vintage pave Or frivole pave earrings

Anabunny

May 25, 2020
I’m looking for something I can wear everyday. I tried the RG vintage pave, I like it, but they blend too much into my skin. I have pink ears, the earrings are literally the same color as my ears. I don’t want any regrets or redundancy for I will get frivole pave down the road. Should I go straight for Frivole YG? Are they very different in action? Thank you for your suggestions in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: hhw
I went through this and I predict you will end up with both! I bought the frivoles in yg pave first thinking they would serve all my purposes. I love them and wear them a ton for work but they are too dressy for me when I am out with my kids or just out and about. I am very active so I end up wearing runners a lot and frivoles abd runners don’t work for me. I will be buying vintage pave yg pave and I expect to wear both pairs about the same amount. I also have a couple vintage motif necklaces and don’t like them paired with my frivoles whereas the vintages will complete look. So I would think of which gold you like for which pair and then buy pair you love most first.

I went through this and I predict you will end up with both! I bought the frivoles in yg pave first thinking they would serve all my purposes. I love them and wear them a ton for work but they are too dressy for me when I am out with my kids or just out and about. I am very active so I end up wearing runners a lot and frivoles abd runners don’t work for me. I will be buying vintage pave yg pave and I expect to wear both pairs about the same amount. I also have a couple vintage motif necklaces and don’t like them paired with my frivoles whereas the vintages will complete look. So I would think of which gold you like for which pair and then buy pair you love most first.
Thanks for your suggestions! You spoke my mind! :yes::yes::yes:

Reactions: lynne_ross
Another option is VA yg pave and Frivole gold, small or large. That way you have one pair more dressy and the other more casual.
i went to the store to try on the VA pave YG this afternoon. They are beautiful but don't stand out against my skin tone. It’s funny that when something from VCA doesn’t quite work on me, it’s actually a good thing:lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: DS2006 and hhw
Skin tone can be a game changer. I am similar to you in that I love the RG VA pave studs but I go back and forth on whether to leave it on my wishlist. It is very flattering but blends with my skin too much. I also don’t prefer YG on me. I have the WG VA pave which I love and wear at least 2-3 times a week. I find WG pops most on me. So I’m considering whether the WG pave frivole should go on my list.

Skin tone can be a game changer. I am similar to you in that I love the RG VA pave studs but I go back and forth on whether to leave it on my wishlist. It is very flattering but blends with my skin too much. I also don’t prefer YG on me. I have the WG VA pave which I love and wear at least 2-3 times a week. I find WG pops most on me. So I’m considering whether the WG pave frivole should go on my list.
Sounds like you have similar skin tone as me. I stay away from pg since I have pink skin. I find wg looks best it I mostly wear yg cause I find it more traditional for diamond pave pieces.

Sounds like you have similar skin tone as me. I stay away from pg since I have pink skin. I find wg looks best it I mostly wear yg cause I find it more traditional for diamond pave pieces.
Yes maybe that’s why I gravitate toward white metals. I love platinum for my diamond jewelry. So when I get anything with diamonds, I automatically think white metal.

I tried on RG and YG pave earrings in the past, and find myself always go back to WG pave as they pop most on me. Please try the WG pave frivole earrings also, I think you will like them. I love my pairs and have been wearing them often.

I tried the frivole YG pave yesterday, the flowers are sparkly but they have a light yellow glow, they bring out the gold in my undertone. I have more cool tone than warm in my wardrobe. Might make sense to give up my quest for a YG pave look or try Guilloche for stronger contrast.

Last edited:
Reactions: hhw
I had similar dilemma and I ended up with both Frivole and Vintage Alhambra in YG. I find Alhambra pave to be understated and more easier to wear. Frivole on the other hand is more feminine and blingier.

I have had Alhambra for about 3 years and Frivole for 1.5 years. If I have to pick one, it would be Alhambra pave without a doubt.

Last edited: