What to get next - planning for next pave Alhambra item(s)

Phoenix123

Apr 6, 2012
This is for next year or maybe even the year after. Been thinking about this and reading the thread on VCA regrets, I don't want to make another very expensive mistake!! So, I want to plan well ahead and be 1000% sure about this.

I currently have a 5-motif pave Alhambra bracelet in WG. I think I've worn it like 4 or 5 times since it was acquired more than a year ago. The reason is because I like my bling LOUD, and the 5-motif bracelet looks very lonely on its own. I've stacked it with my Cartier pave Love and adore this look; but the 5-motif scratched the heck out of my pave Love; and now I don't stack it at all.

My choices now are:
1) sell the 5-motif (at a, likely substantial, loss) and acquire the magic pave bracelet
2) get another 5-motif and wear them together linked as a bracelet or necklace
3) keep the 5-motif and get the magic pave pendant
4) keep the 5-motif and get the magic pave bracelet and wear them on different occasions
5) sell the 5-motif and get both the magic pave bracelet and the magic pave pendant
6) do nothing!! lol

FYI, I am for sure getting the magic pave earrings in WG next year. The magic pave bracelet would be for my left wrist. I would NOT wear the magic pendant and/ or the magic bracelet together with the magic earrings - I'd look too ridiculous and overkill (as I'd wear my Cartier pave Love on my right wrist).

Last edited:
Lol, this is why I refrain from giving my input - because I do all the things i “shouldn’t”. The very second I pick up my magic pave pendant I am wearing it with my magic pave earrings and I can’t wait to do that, lol!

I personally love the idea of wearing it as a necklace linked with another 5. One of my regrets is selling my gmop/pave bracelet; I didn’t like wearing as a bracelet so I sold it. Can you believe I have it on my list to buy it again??!? I have another five motif to link with a 20 and I need another bracelet to wear it as a necklace and I loved the gmop one.

but unless that is something you are absolutely sure you will love and want to do, you should probably sell it. If you get the magic bracelet would you really want both? I don’t tend to advocate buying another piece to ‘fix a problem’ - for me, after being able to link bracelets together and also wear them as extenders and then not being able to, I know now that this is something I actually want to do, rather than just finding a way to make something work.

of course, you could keep it and get the magic pave bracelet and then wear the two of them linked together.... :graucho: :graucho: :graucho: :graucho:...oh, I’m no help! Lol.

Reactions: Phoenix123
Lol, this is why I refrain from giving my input - because I do all the things i “shouldn’t”. The very second I pick up my magic pave pendant I am wearing it with my magic pave earrings and I can’t wait to do that, lol!

I personally love the idea of wearing it as a necklace linked with another 5. One of my regrets is selling my gmop/pave bracelet; I didn’t like wearing as a bracelet so I sold it. Can you believe I have it on my list to buy it again??!? I have another five motif to link with a 20 and I need another bracelet to wear it as a necklace and I loved the gmop one.

but unless that is something you are absolutely sure you will love and want to do, you should probably sell it. If you get the magic bracelet would you really want both? I don’t tend to advocate buying another piece to ‘fix a problem’ - for me, after being able to link bracelets together and also wear them as extenders and then not being able to, I know now that this is something I actually want to do, rather than just finding a way to make something work.

of course, you could keep it and get the magic pave bracelet and then wear the two of them linked together.... :graucho: :graucho: :graucho: :graucho:...oh, I’m no help! Lol.

Lol!! You're too funny!! :biggrin:

I know what you mean about getting something just to fix the problem. I didn't know that I wouldn't love the 5-motif until I had it and worn it a couple of times. I never knew I'd love the magic pave bracelet until I got the magic MOP bracelet. I thought that the charm would annoy the heck out of me but on the contrary I absolutely adore it. I've always wanted the magic pave pendant (the one with the bail/ bale) but if I get the magic pave bracelet, would it be ridiculous to also own the pendant, particularly since I am already getting the magic pave earrings?

Someone else also suggested getting the magic pave bracelet and link it with the 5-motif to make a necklace. I am not sure I'd like this look because I am not keen on asymmetry.

The more I think about it, the more I think I should sell the 5-motif bracelet.

So, you would wear your pave magic pendant together with the magic pave earrings? (Love them btw. You're so lucky to have got the SO).

Happy belated birthday, btw! x

Last edited:
Thanks sweetie :hugs:

I personally agree that the asymmetry of linking the va and magic bracelets is not for me.

i cannot wait to get the pendant but I know I won’t wear it all the time and I like having options. Wearing the bracelet you have linked to another is a fabulous option if you don’t want to wear the magic earrings and pendant together but still want some bling.

if you saw my list you would know that I have no right to answer any “would it be ridiculous to get” questions :giggle:

This is for next year or maybe even the year after. Been thinking about this and reading the thread on VCA regrets, I don't want to make another very expensive mistake!! So, I want to plan well ahead and be 1000% sure about this.

I currently have a 5-motif pave Alhambra bracelet in WG. I think I've worn it like 4 or 5 times since it was acquired more than a year ago. The reason is because I like my bling LOUD, and the 5-motif bracelet looks very lonely on its own. I've stacked it with my Cartier pave Love and adore this look; but the 5-motif scratched the heck out of my pave Love; and now I don't stack it at all.

My choices now are:
1) sell the 5-motif (at a, likely substantial, loss) and acquire the magic pave bracelet
4) keep the 5-motif and get the magic pave bracelet and wear them on different occasions
5) sell the 5-motif and get both the magic pave bracelet and the magic pave pendant
6) do nothing!! lol

FYI, I am for sure getting the magic pave earrings in WG next year. The magic pave bracelet would be for my left wrist. I would NOT wear the magic pendant and/ or the magic bracelet together with the magic earrings - I'd look too ridiculous and overkill (as I'd wear my Cartier pave Love on my right wrist).
I am going to suggest option 3. I am in the process of selling my magic Alhambra BTF ring and Frivole BTF ring and I can tell you the resale value sucks.
Once you get both the magic pave pendant and earrings, if you still feel the pave bracelet doesn't do anything for you then you can probably sell it.

HOW MUCH!? :graucho::graucho:

i like this one :tup:

NO, YOU AREN'T IN LOVE WITH THE BRACELET, IT SEEMS

?? WHY ?? SEEMS LIKE THIS IS JUST SETTLING FOR WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE

GET THE 6 MOTIF PAVE NECKLACE!!

you don't seem to be in love with this piece so unless you repurpose it in a way in which you'll wind up falling in love with it, why hold on to it? I like the idea of a 10 made out of having 2 bracelets but think about that...will you mind the extra clasp?

i personally love the 6 motif pave necklace or the 20 motif pave necklace. and i have the magic pave earrings in WG and love those. i wouldn't say no to the magic pave pendant but if i had a choice of any, it would be the two i mentioned above.

Thanks sweetie :hugs:

I personally agree that the asymmetry of linking the va and magic bracelets is not for me.

i cannot wait to get the pendant but I know I won’t wear it all the time and I like having options. Wearing the bracelet you have linked to another is a fabulous option if you don’t want to wear the magic earrings and pendant together but still want some bling.

if you saw my list you would know that I have no right to answer any “would it be ridiculous to get” questions :giggle:

What IS on your list? Enquiring minds and all that...:amuse:

When do you get the pendant, sweetie?

I am still toying with the idea of getting another 5-motif, but someone (you know who you are:biggrin: ) put it in my head that she'd be bothered by the clasp, which thought didn't even register on my brain but now I keep thinking about it!! lol

Last edited:
I am going to suggest option 3. I am in the process of selling my magic Alhambra BTF ring and Frivole BTF ring and I can tell you the resale value sucks.
Once you get both the magic pave pendant and earrings, if you still feel the pave bracelet doesn't do anything for you then you can probably sell it.

Yes, I know, resale is HORRIBLE!!:tdown::sad:

Option 3 is the most economical, saving me the most money. Thing is though: I am much more of a bracelet (and earring, for that matter) person than I am necklaces/pendants. I have wanted the pendant forever, but now that I know I want the magic pave bracelet (since getting the MOP magic bracelet), I am like obsessed with it!!