Another crooked flap question for Jumbo flap

maye

O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
Hi! I recently bought this like new flap at a very reputable consignment online store and noticed that the flap is not aligned or a bit crooked. What you all think? Does it look misaligned or crooked? The right side is lower than the left. I understand this is second hand so things like this may be expected?. I’m usually not too picky but this is my HG bag and I still paid top dollar for it but less than current retail which I won’t dare to buy Thanks!
2701E749-EBB3-4924-9B99-2A3C121584F3.jpeg

79F76BC8-3450-4C06-A004-E148305BD207.jpeg

Last edited:
Usually I am supportive of these kinds of posts, since these are expensive items and you want to make sure you're getting the quality you deserve.

However, this seems a little silly, unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

You can clearly see that the left side of the flap is not aligned parallel with the body of the bag. If you push it down to be aligned, then the bottom of the flap will not look crooked.

Am I missing something?

Usually I am supportive of these kinds of posts, since these are expensive items and you want to make sure you're getting the quality you deserve.

However, this seems a little silly, unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

You can clearly see that the left side of the flap is not aligned parallel with the body of the bag. If you push it down to be aligned, then the bottom of the flap will not look crooked.

Am I missing something?

Hi! You aren't missing something since you can see it. I also thought it was a silly question, trust me. But I guess I should ask here since we are all on the same boat in our love of Chanel's and I do appreciate TPF members opinions. I gently pulled the flap down to see if that fixed it and it went back up to look misaligned. My husband thinks is just the way it looks so I shouldn't be concerned about it. I can return it if it keeps bothering me and move on.

Last edited:
Honestly I wouldn't let it bother you too much, I'm only noticing it because you specifically pointed it out. I agree that one side looks a bit higher, but I would attribute that more to wear from the previous owner. Maybe the way they stuffed it accidentally ended up stretching it on one side a bit? I totally understand how stressful it is to spend so much money on something only to have it end up being not exactly what you wanted though. If it really bothers you, you could return it so that you don't end up fixating on it! But if you got it for a good price, I would keep it. :smile:

Reactions: maye
Honestly I wouldn't let it bother you too much, I'm only noticing it because you specifically pointed it out. I agree that one side looks a bit higher, but I would attribute that more to wear from the previous owner. Maybe the way they stuffed it accidentally ended up stretching it on one side a bit? I totally understand how stressful it is to spend so much money on something only to have it end up being not exactly what you wanted though. If it really bothers you, you could return it so that you don't end up fixating on it! But if you got it for a good price, I would keep it. :smile:

Hi Oni_! Thanks for your reply. You are right that is not too noticeable and the price was good when compared to current astronomical prices. I think I will keep it since although is easy to return, I cannot justify spending current prices. Have a good weekend!

Reactions: Oni_
Looks like I’m in the minority here, but it definitely looks crooked to me, the leather above the lock is not parallel, while the lock itself is. I wouldn’t keep it.
That's why I'm conflicted about it. And I keep going back and forth in my mind about returning or not. Ha! Too much time on my hands! I do wonder if with use it will ease up and relax the leather. I could definitely return it and wait for another second hand bag to be available that is perfect since I'm not buying new at the boutique due to the current prices. But other than this the bag is in perfect condition and barely used. Have a good weekend!

That's why I'm conflicted about it. And I keep going back and forth in my mind about returning or not. Ha! Too much time on my hands! I do wonder if with use it will ease up and relax the leather. I could definitely return it and wait for another second hand bag to be available that is perfect since I'm not buying new at the boutique due to the current prices. But other than this the bag is in perfect condition and barely used. Have a good weekend!
hmm if condition and price are really good that’s also something! good luck with your decision!

I bought a jumbo with slightly uneven flap too, but I don't really mind, the bag is made out of python so I haven't tried to correct the flaps. I did manage to adjust the flap on my medium caviar , it just take a few tries of tugging it in place and stuffing it so the flap is even, now it looks better. Either way do whatever you feel will make you happier!