Panthere De Cartier Ring (Man)

chartreusian

Jun 23, 2020
Hi,

I’d like opinions on the Panthere ring. Thinking about wearing it on either index or middle finger of right hand, thoughts? I live in NYC, is it too loud/ostentatious/recognizable? I feel like only someone who also loves Cartier might notice it.

Attachments

• BBA57AAB-8459-4699-8152-0E217DC5424D.jpeg
    BBA57AAB-8459-4699-8152-0E217DC5424D.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 10
Hi,

I’d like opinions on the Panthere ring. Thinking about wearing it on either index or middle finger of right hand, thoughts? I live in NYC, is it too loud/ostentatious/recognizable? I feel like only someone who also loves Cartier might notice it.

My male coworker purchased this ring in early March and it looks amazing on! I say go for it :smile:

Have you seen it? It's super small ... won't be ostentatious at all - just wonder if you'll find it large enough on a man's sized finger.

Only the bigger one in white gold which I thought looked too large. But small(ish) is sort of what I’m going for so that’s good news. I’ve been wanting to get to the boutique to have a look but that’s been impossible until recently. Not many pictures of it online on a guy’s hand either unfortunately.

Hi all
I’m new on this forum. I am a man and I am very keen on the Panther Ring shown on the original posting. I love it very much but I have a personal problem to accept the fact it is listed as a women’s ring at Cartier. When I asked this from Cartier online customer service they explained it is unisex (against their website) but I have problems to trust them as they just want to sell it to me! Do you have any comment on this?

As I prefer WG over Rose Gold I have also considered this ring in WG but it has diamonds. I checked with Cartier it is not manufactured without diamonds. What do you think is the WG with diamonds out of question for a man? In a way I guess WG is considered more masculine but do the diamonds make it feminine or too ostentatious or load compared to the plain Rose Gold for a man who has not used jewels so much?

I know there is also the fatter panther in plain WG but I somehow prefer this skinny panther. The skinny panther has a beautiful face. By the way although also this WG fatter panther is listed as a women’s ring at their website Cartier proposes it as a Christmas Gift for a man in their European online shop! Personally I don’t understand why Cartier lists certain products as female only and therefore make many men hesitant, like me!

Please help me! I love the ring but I am scared of the feeling I’m wearing a women’s ring and I’m considered wierd. My intention is not to insult anyone by this. This is perhaps only my own limitation.

Thanks a lot in advance!

D6B2BB77-9648-4E97-BBFB-61A332109C34.jpeg

Hey, just forget about the man / woman thing. Buy what YOU like :love:

Just 2 pieces of advise: first go for the reg one. The small one looks really thin and only fits tiny woman or even girls; cannot imagine this one on "normal" people. One Cartier SA once told me to buy 2 small and stack them head to head :shocked:

Second, if you go for diamonds buy the white gold version. I made the mistake buying in RG with diamonds; they just do not shine on RG.

Good luck!

Hey Ruben, I know exactly how you feel... I wear Cartier rings that are listed for women (I think). The only love ring that has a man wearing it on their website is the 11mm ring and I did not want that one. I will say this, I have seen many powerful men wearing the Cartier panther ring. From musicians to pro athletes. I thing that they just list these things sometimes and just fill it in with a header but I know for a fact that is a unisex ring. But as a fellow guy, you just want to make sure. I get it, believe me. I was the same way when I got my first Cartier ring. But now I get compliments from both sides so I say pull the trigger.

Attachments

• 20201122_003701.jpg
    20201122_003701.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 57