Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Hi All,
I got a 1969 box Kelly 32 recently.
I love everything about it with only one concern that the scratch on top of the cover may not be repairable.
If the scratch is too bad to be repaired, I might return it back to the seller.
Do you think the condition will be worse from that point?

Attachments

• Kelly 32-2.jpg
    Kelly 32-2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Kelly 32-1.jpg
    Kelly 32-1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 76
You should love everything about this wonderful old gal including the scratch. Personally, I wouldn’t let it bother Me. Keep in spa’d.
Hi Rouge H,
Thank you for the quick response!
I don't mind but love the histories that show on the bag.
That's the reason I purchase an vintage Kelly.
I am just worried that the scratch will show more tear after I carry it more.
I do want to use it instead of putting it on the shelf.
I am thinking of carry it for a while then send it back to Hermes for a spa.
Just don't know if spa can treat this kind of scratch.

Hi everyone,
I am interested in putting in an offer for a box leather vintage Kelly. It has wear and tear, creases and scratches which I worry about - anyone sent their box leather bag to the spa in similar condition?
How well do they spa box? Will the creases hydrate well? I assume the scratches will remain and any colourless areas will be coloured in with touch up colour.
There isn’t much online (here or YouTube) about the spa so I am very glad I found this! Thank you

Reactions: Joyceshing
Hi, I want to start of by saying that I have been a silent reader for over the past years and how this site helped and educate me many when purchasing for a preowned desjgner bag. This forum has always been a first go to site for me, for that a big thank you. :love:

This is also my first post and I am excited to be a member of this online purse community.

My name is Naznin and I live in The Netherlands. I have recently purchased a Vintage Hermes Kelly as an investment bag, to fund my college degree. I read somewhere that a Hermes bag is a beter investment than gold. So I thought, sure what other reason can one have to justify buying a bag one loves.

A little about my Hermes Story:

I bought the bag in Auction from Switzerland, however, I want to resell it at a reasonable relative low price. The reason why I want to sell it a little personal and I rather have a quick sale than just having it on my shelves.

My Hermes Kelly needs to undergo a Hermes Spa Treatment for it to go back to life to its old glory . It is overal in okay condition, but a spa can definitely boost its value.

Specifications: Black smooth leather, gold metal hardware, 23x35x13 cm (1989) Original without dustbag and box , including keys and lock.

I will have the bag within a week in my possession but in the meanwhile, please have a look at the attached pictures.

From a price point of reselling this gorgeous bag is a minimum what is a realistic asking price?

I look forward to hearing from you all.

N.Musa

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-06-16 om 22.49.57.png
    Schermafbeelding 2020-06-16 om 22.49.57.png
    899.8 KB · Views: 63
Hi guys! I hope I can draw upon the knowledge of the Hermes lovers here. I recently bought a vintage Hermes Kelly 32 from Japan. I brought it to the local bag spa (not Hermes) which also does Entrupy to get it authenticated, which it was thankfully :smile:.

While I was there I asked about some of the superficial scratches and corner wear on the bag and mentioned that I was going to take it Hermes Spa. The owner told me he didn't think Hermes Spa would do anything about it. He said something like "They will just clean it and it will come back looking exactly the same", i.e. kind of telling me I was wasting my money. I'm not sure if it's because he wanted me to use the spa services at his business (he said that they could fix it). This surprised me because I've seen YouTube videos of Hermes Spa services and I can see the artisan painting over the scratches on the bag. Then again I'm not that familiar with Hermes and perhaps this is something that one of his clients shared with him, that they had a disappointing result from Hermes Spa.

I know that there are different services Hermes Spa offers so I just wanted to check with you guys and girls if one of them will fix my bag. I did buy it as a "everyday" bag, hence I'm not toooo fussed about the scratches since I figure I would put the same scratches in it with use and this way I don't have to baby it. But at the same time I'd like to know that the option was there for me to restore to pristine quality if I wanted to.

I've attached 2 photos showing the corner wear and scratches! It is a Hermes Kelly 32, Retourne style, Courchevel leather. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2-IMG-5506.JPG
    2-IMG-5506.JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 1-IMG-5508.JPG
    1-IMG-5508.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 138
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 137
Hi guys! I hope I can draw upon the knowledge of the Hermes lovers here. I recently bought a vintage Hermes Kelly 32 from Japan. I brought it to the local bag spa (not Hermes) which also does Entrupy to get it authenticated, which it was thankfully :smile:.

While I was there I asked about some of the superficial scratches and corner wear on the bag and mentioned that I was going to take it Hermes Spa. The owner told me he didn't think Hermes Spa would do anything about it. He said something like "They will just clean it and it will come back looking exactly the same", i.e. kind of telling me I was wasting my money. I'm not sure if it's because he wanted me to use the spa services at his business (he said that they could fix it). This surprised me because I've seen YouTube videos of Hermes Spa services and I can see the artisan painting over the scratches on the bag. Then again I'm not that familiar with Hermes and perhaps this is something that one of his clients shared with him, that they had a disappointing result from Hermes Spa.

I know that there are different services Hermes Spa offers so I just wanted to check with you guys and girls if one of them will fix my bag. I did buy it as a "everyday" bag, hence I'm not toooo fussed about the scratches since I figure I would put the same scratches in it with use and this way I don't have to baby it. But at the same time I'd like to know that the option was there for me to restore to pristine quality if I wanted to.

I've attached 2 photos showing the corner wear and scratches! It is a Hermes Kelly 32, Retourne style, Courchevel leather. Thanks in advance!

Hello!!

Love your vintage kelly! Hermès spa craftsmen are miracle workers, they can bring back anything to life as if it were brand new. Don’t listen to what the third party “spa” guy told you as he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Since you bought it preloved, do you know if it’s been repaired/refreshed by anyone other than Hermès? If so, Hermès won’t accept your bag for spa anymore. Also, Hermès spa doesn’t fix/repair interiors.

Congratulations on your new bag!

Hello!!

Love your vintage kelly! Hermès spa craftsmen are miracle workers, they can bring back anything to life as if it were brand new. Don’t listen to what the third party “spa” guy told you as he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Since you bought it preloved, do you know if it’s been repaired/refreshed by anyone other than Hermès? If so, Hermès won’t accept your bag for spa anymore. Also, Hermès spa doesn’t fix/repair interiors.

Congratulations on your new bag!

Thank you that’s good to know! Interior is in good shape so it’s just really the front scratches. I don’t even really care about the corners since I feel like I’ll just put them back if they got fixed haha.

No I don’t think it has been repaired ever, thats why I wanted to take it to Hermes since I know if I let him do it then I won’t be able to take it to Hermes Spa again. Also I read that the spa will give you a new dust bag which is great coz the bag didn’t come with one.

I will take it to the Hermes spa maybe later this year. Excited:smile:

Reactions: hermesgeek
Thank you that’s good to know! Interior is in good shape so it’s just really the front scratches. I don’t even really care about the corners since I feel like I’ll just put them back if they got fixed haha.

No I don’t think it has been repaired ever, thats why I wanted to take it to Hermes since I know if I let him do it then I won’t be able to take it to Hermes Spa again. Also I read that the spa will give you a new dust bag which is great coz the bag didn’t come with one.

I will take it to the Hermes spa maybe later this year. Excited:smile:

Fabulous! By the way, this is a great video on YouTube in regards to Hermès spa before and after. Hope to see your before and after photos here on purseforum!

Fabulous! By the way, this is a great video on YouTube in regards to Hermès spa before and after. Hope to see your before and after photos here on purseforum!

Thank you. Wow what an informative video. I just watched the whole thing. The bag is very beautiful but wow she spent a lot of money repairing it :shocked:. The result is gorgeous. She didn't mention scratches in her video but I could see quite a big one on her "before" video and it seems to have disappeared on her after video so I think I should be good. Thank you and I'll be sure to share my before and after after I get it done.

Reactions: hermesgeek
I’ve brought bags that I have bought from resellers to be refurbished as well as newer boutique items no problem. Hermes replaced the handle and sanglers on my first kelly That I bought from a reseller years ago. The work however took a long time to complete.

Reactions: AdidaB
Hello ladies,
I just purchased a pre-loved black box Kelly 28 from 2000. When I requested for a spa service in Vancouver store over the phone, the representative said they are not taking in any bags for repair (or spa service, I assume) at the moment because of the current pandemic situation and not sure when they will be taking the bags in for service again. Does anyone else have similar response from your local store?