Post your vintage LEVI'S USA made jeans here:

When they're vintage you can't go by the size on the tag, you have to go by the measurements. It's tricky but I think I have it narrowed down to my size which is like 2 sizes bigger than my size in modern jeans-lol!

Yes!! I have a Made in SF pair of 501 XXs (within the last year of the Valencia St. Factory's operation) and they're a 35 waist. I never thought in the last couple years that I'd be able to find a pair, much less in excellent condition at a thrift store. I never thought I'd have something I'd call the crown jewel of my denim collection, but there you go!

Yes!! I have a Made in SF pair of 501 XXs (within the last year of the Valencia St. Factory's operation) and they're a 35 waist. I never thought in the last couple years that I'd be able to find a pair, much less in excellent condition at a thrift store. I never thought I'd have something I'd call the crown jewel of my denim collection, but there you go!
Awesome!! Would love to see a photo of them! I have a pair of 550's on the way (should be here tomorrow so I might wear them Weds. after washing them). I can't believe how many different styles of vintage Levi's there are....not until I started searching for them on eBay! My favorite style right now are the high waist tapered leg....something I wouldn't be caught dead in up until recently. These just look so freaking stylish to me and this style is very 'in' again! :smile:

Last edited:
I remember my 501....had 2 pairs (1 blue, 1 washed black). 70$ back then, I wore them from 1993 to 1997 until they ripped lol.
Then got a new dark blue in 1996 after seing the tv ad with Spaceman Babylon zoo.
I really don´t understand why, given the massive worldwide demand, they can´t remake them. They have changed the original 501 cut...like why...the sizing and measurements are weird. In Europe, only vintage Levi´s is cool basically.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Antonia
I don't own a pair of vintage Levi's yet! I love straight fit and will pretty much wear anything that's not skinny; which is most vintage denim I guess. I've been dipping my toes in many denim brands, including DL1961, Frame, Rag & Bone etc. So far, my favorite fit is the Levi's wedgie since it really enhances my non-existent bum-- I wonder if there's a vintage equivalent for it?

(If anyone has recommendations on jeans that really lift + enlarge the bum, that'd would be great too, because my flat east-asian inherited bum needs a bit of help, especially since I've lost quite a bit of weight recently!) :doh:

Reactions: 880 and Antonia
Reactions: ColdSteel