Gucci Stitching Issue

jjstyleee

Newbie Is Me
Oct 17, 2019
Hi all, I had purchased my gg marmont mini shoulder bag last year and one thing seems to bother me a lot. As you can see from the pictures, the stitching on the right and left corner has some obvious difference (only realised when I brought home). I did not expect this from a designer brand to be honest . I went to have an exchange. The SA took another 2 or 3 out for me to choose but found that the one I bought at first place is the best quality. Am I being picky? Or you have the same stitching issue too? Let me know, just curious.

Attachments

• 92A2DC18-F1ED-43E6-981C-66DB0E00D3EC.jpeg
    92A2DC18-F1ED-43E6-981C-66DB0E00D3EC.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 37
  • CBF78939-F113-425F-ADDD-546A8140A10B.jpeg
    CBF78939-F113-425F-ADDD-546A8140A10B.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 9954E41B-84D4-43AE-A848-5A237CFE4895.jpeg
    9954E41B-84D4-43AE-A848-5A237CFE4895.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 33
I looked at it for a couple of times. It’s not the beat stitch work per say but I don’t see any problems. It looks straight and even. The right side has one stitch that is wider because it just happens that it is trying to get past the flap corner area. That’s normal.

I looked at it for a couple of times. It’s not the beat stitch work per say but I don’t see any problems. It looks straight and even. The right side has one stitch that is wider because it just happens that it is trying to get past the flap corner area. That’s normal.
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I was just being picky. I did felt quite bothered even though the SA told me it's normal. As it was my first ever designer bag, I kinda lost confidence in Gucci afterwards. Anyway, thanks again! :smile: at least i feel better now.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I was just being picky. I did felt quite bothered even though the SA told me it's normal. As it was my first ever designer bag, I kinda lost confidence in Gucci afterwards. Anyway, thanks again! :smile: at least i feel better now.
Enjoy! I honestly think that yours have probably one of the better stitching. :flowers:

I think Gucci’s’s overall quality is pretty good. LV is always a hit or miss. I can’t speak if other brands. Fendi is usually pretty good but I was tainted by a terribly made peekaboo that my friend got in Paris. Hermes as always is impeccable.

I usually look for alignment (for bags with prints), glazing, cracks on canvas, in addition to stitching spacing and if they are even and straight.

Reactions: jjstyleee
I think Gucci’s’s overall quality is pretty good. LV is always a hit or miss. I can’t speak if other brands. Fendi is usually pretty good but I was tainted by a terribly made peekaboo that my friend got in Paris. Hermes as always is impeccable.

I usually look for alignment (for bags with prints), glazing, cracks on canvas, in addition to stitching spacing and if they are even and straight.
Very good advice from you! I just bought a YSL large WOC and waiting for its arrival. I always believe YSL has a pretty good craftmanship. Hope it won't let me down! God bless.

Reactions: HKsai