Should I get a second ear piercing ?

cvalier26

Sep 26, 2014
Is it considered les classy (my mother thinks so :smile: ) ?
Is there enough room on the top of my earlobe?
I would either wear pendants with the diamond studs in the second hole, or the dbty in the first hole and small(er) colored gems in the second
Tia :smile:

Attachments

• 8987221C-A6EC-42E6-AB48-197C0C1C9F32.jpeg
    8987221C-A6EC-42E6-AB48-197C0C1C9F32.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 80
My mum thought the same thing, so I pierced mine a second time by myself when I was 14. Sadly, as an adult, I decided she was right, and I haven't worn anything in the second piercings for many years. But piercings on me never go away once they're healed, so the holes will always be there.

Presumably, you are older than I was when I decided to pierce my ears a second time, so this really is about what you find aesthetically pleasing and the vision you have for yourself. Your mum doesn't have to wear the piercings, and she will love you even if she disapproves of your decision.

Reactions: gotong
Personally, I think they are classier than tattoos, provided a curated ear is done right.

For you, I suggest a smaller diamond stud.

I got my second piercing last year and it took a while to heal, as I chose a titanium hoop instead of a stud. Lesson learned. I only recently changed it out to these huggie earrings.

IMG_1177.JPG

I'm actually considering getting a third piercing (in between the other two) and use the current huggie for that hole and get a smaller huggie for the top piericing.

• Insightful
Reactions: USCGirlie
I would say avoid cartilage piercings due to the risk of disfigurement...

Also, people change their minds as they get older. Maybe wait and see in a few years if you still want another piercing? Getting another hole can’t be undone if you later decide differently.

• Love
Reactions: gotong and RT1
Simple answer:yes! Have them love them love how diamonds sparkle all over my ears ;)
And if you consider Cate Blanchett and Emma Watson ‘classy’, then look closely at their ears, so many piercings :biggrin:
(Just wanted to add that I would never consider someone ‘classy’ based solely on how they dress or if they have tattoos/piercings, it’s all in the manners, in the way they carry themselves)

Is it considered les classy (my mother thinks so :smile: ) ?
Is there enough room on the top of my earlobe?
I would either wear pendants with the diamond studs in the second hole, or the dbty in the first hole and small(er) colored gems in the second
Tia :smile:

I say go for it! I ended up getting one below and one above my original 2 lobe piercings... my bestie noticed that the originals were uneven, lol! I’m 32 and am looking to getting a sixth ear piercing (I have my cartilage pierced in one side). I only wear studs and huggie hoops so I love mixing and matching my earring placement. Whatever you do, don’t get pierced with a gun! The damage they do makes the healing time much longer.

I say go for it! I ended up getting one below and one above my original 2 lobe piercings... my bestie noticed that the originals were uneven, lol! I’m 32 and am looking to getting a sixth ear piercing (I have my cartilage pierced in one side). I only wear studs and huggie hoops so I love mixing and matching my earring placement. Whatever you do, don’t get pierced with a gun! The damage they do makes the healing time much longer.
What other method is there, I thought it was the standard practice (if you mean the thing kind of like a one sided stapler) They said 2 weeks to heal

I've been thinking of getting a second piercing on both ears. I wear hoops almost always and my studs were getting neglected. With a second piercing I can wear both :biggrin:
Yes I was thinking something like pendant in one and studs in the second. Or diamond studs in the first and small colored stone in the second