Stepping into H world with Halzan 31 in Sage

Iana24

Feb 26, 2018
I have been trying to venture to Hermes for a few years now but haven’t found what I like. I want practical bag and an outer pocket is a big consideration for me. Hermes doesn’t offer many style in that spec. Lindy and Halzan are two Hermes bags I am considering although I still haven’t made up my mind to pull the trigger yet. Especially for Halzan, I am not a fan of contrast stitching. But just last month I saw this Sauge color on the preloved site and couldn’t get my mind off it. Being that light, the stitching is pleasant to my eyes and I really love the color itself. I was hesitant just because the style didn’t make my heart skip a beat, which I believe it’s a a sign for the perfect one, lol. But I went for it anyway as I kept thinking about it. I haven’t had a chance to take her out but I have a feeling I made the right decision. It’s very sleek, practical, lightweight and sauge is a gorgeous color.
Sorry for the long introduction. Here it is, thank you for letting me share.

00443AC5-DB29-4A41-AF1E-3EE69AB43FDC.jpeg

Can someone suggest how to clean the leather? I got it preloved and would love to clean it before using but not sure what product I should use. Can I use collonil or caddilac select leather cleaner/conditioner? And do you think I need to spray waterstop to protect color transfer?

I also notice the bottom part in the front is sagging a bit. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thank you for your kind input.

I have been trying to venture to Hermes for a few years now but haven’t found what I like. I want practical bag and an outer pocket is a big consideration for me. Hermes doesn’t offer many style in that spec. Lindy and Halzan are two Hermes bags I am considering although I still haven’t made up my mind to pull the trigger yet. Especially for Halzan, I am not a fan of contrast stitching. But just last month I saw this Sauge color on the preloved site and couldn’t get my mind off it. Being that light, the stitching is pleasant to my eyes and I really love the color itself. I was hesitant just because the style didn’t make my heart skip a beat, which I believe it’s a a sign for the perfect one, lol. But I went for it anyway as I kept thinking about it. I haven’t had a chance to take her out but I have a feeling I made the right decision. It’s very sleek, practical, lightweight and sauge is a gorgeous color.
Sorry for the long introduction. Here it is, thank you for letting me share.

View attachment 4763487

Can someone suggest how to clean the leather? I got it preloved and would love to clean it before using but not sure what product I should use. Can I use collonil or caddilac select leather cleaner/conditioner? And do you think I need to spray waterstop to protect color transfer?

I also notice the bottom part in the front is sagging a bit. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thank you for your kind input.
If your preloved bag is authenticated, simply bring this to Hermes to have the spa surface, they did a very good job to clean the outer. It will take a while to get your bag back, but definitely worth for it. You can also use an inner bag to keep the bag shape, this is specially help is you will carry heavy stuff or often in full capacity. Hope this can help.

Reactions: Iana24
If your preloved bag is authenticated, simply bring this to Hermes to have the spa surface, they did a very good job to clean the outer. It will take a while to get your bag back, but definitely worth for it. You can also use an inner bag to keep the bag shape, this is specially help is you will carry heavy stuff or often in full capacity. Hope this can help.
Thank you. This is helpful. Yes it’s authenticated and I’m also planning to use organizer to avoid further sagging.

Congrats! Sauge is a beautiful color!

I would take it to H for spa service for any cleaning service.

It appears the sagging may be due to inevitable stretching due to front pocket use?

Thank you so much. It’s the color that convinced me to take the plunge. I am not sure what cause the sagging. I assume due to improper storage? Stored in standing position without filling the bag with anything, maybe? Because I think the outer pocket is still perfectly flat.

Both of you suggest taking in for H spa service which I didn’t think of it before. Now it make sense why I couldn’t find anything about cleaning method for Hermes leather. This bag is only 2+ years old and still looks new. But because this is preloved I’d like to do some cleaning whatever condition it is. I’d take it to the store and leave it to the pro. Hope it won’t take too long :smile:

I would look in docride's thread or ask her about cleaning. There are wipes of some sort I think. I wouldn't take it to the spa as it looks perfectly fine really. And you will wait a long time to use your new bag.

Reactions: Iana24
I would look in docride's thread or ask her about cleaning. There are wipes of some sort I think. I wouldn't take it to the spa as it looks perfectly fine really. And you will wait a long time to use your new bag.
You have a good point. If there’s an option not to part with my bag for a period of time, I’ll take it. I have a new Chanel bag sent in for assessment and it’s been almost a year they keep the bag. I know it’s also due to recent shut down but still.. I will look into a thread and wipes you refer. Thank you.

Congrats! Sauge is so pretty. I would start with spa but Lexol wipes are good for a light cleaning of Clemence.
Thank you so much. I’m so smitten with the color. Wow thanks for letting me know about Lexol wipes. I’ll look into it. I think I’m going to start with light wipes first, enjoy it for sometime until I can part with it then I’ll take it in for spa.