No More Love for Proenza Schouler?

I bought medium in orchid a little while ago and sold it thinking that the size and the strap length were not for me, but I could not resist that fine bag, so a week ago I bought a beautiful red Chianti. It is a bag for me after all, I can always buy a cross-body strap for it, but it is exactly between a too small Miu Miu small madras or Balenciaga hip , and all my large work bags. I needed one for necessary stuff + the book and some work stuff but not heavy ...leather wears better with time, it gets amazing patina, so it is a one of a kind bag. I like leather which looks better with time, I simply hate bags which look like rugs once they lived a bit...PS leather is getting better shine and colour when it is used than when it is new. Somewhat like old Mulberry Darwin ( not the same leather but aging in the same way). That is why I got Mansur Gavriel natural leather to see it age well...for me that is an investment
Gorgeous color - love that combo of the rich red and matte gold

Sadly I am returning the above PS1 tiny. The color is stunning, it is absolutely like new condition. I could not make what I carry fit into it without playing bag tetris. Fortunately I know what will work for me and what will sit in the closet. I returned it today; if anyone is looking for a PS1 tiny that is priced, or was when I bought it, at a great price...check Fashionphile later. It does make me sad because the lamb leather and the style are so classic and beautiful. Oh well.

Reactions: IntheOcean
Sadly I am returning the above PS1 tiny. The color is stunning, it is absolutely like new condition. I could not make what I carry fit into it without playing bag tetris. Fortunately I know what will work for me and what will sit in the closet. I returned it today; if anyone is looking for a PS1 tiny that is priced, or was when I bought it, at a great price...check Fashionphile later. It does make me sad because the lamb leather and the style are so classic and beautiful. Oh well.

Been wondering who got it... I had this one in my cart waiting for it to go to 30% off and then it was gone. I am sorry the tiny size did not work for you. For me it is perfect. It's not as small as some of my mini bags like Chanel mini Flaps or Bal mini City's. It fits all my essentials and is so easy to carry and style. I am up to 6 tiny's and hoping add more colors.

Fashionphile will most likely remove all discounts when they put it back on their site, as they have been doing it for quite some time now, or even in some cases mark up the prices :sad:

Been wondering who got it... I had this one in my cart waiting for it to go to 30% off and then it was gone. I am sorry the tiny size did not work for you. For me it is perfect. It's not as small as some of my mini bags like Chanel mini Flaps or Bal mini City's. It fits all my essentials and is so easy to carry and style. I am up to 6 tiny's and hoping add more colors.

Fashionphile will most likely remove all discounts when they put it back on their site, as they have been doing it for quite some time now, or even in some cases mark up the prices :sad:
I hope you get it. It is stunning and if it has ever been used I cannot tell it. Good luck.

I'm sorry the Tiny size didn't work out for you! For me, it seems like a perfect middle ground between a small- and medium-sized bag. Perhaps you could just enjoy having some extra room in your Medium PS1? That's what I often do with bags that are a bit on the bigger side. Free space is nice to have! And if the bag is slouchy enough, it looks equally nice stuffed and half-empty.

Perhaps they won't remove the discount this time? With the sales everywhere it would seem like the right thing to do. This color is really nice and not the most common shade of red.

Have you posted your PS collection anywhere? If not, would that be something you're interested in? This subforum could use more activity!

I'm sorry the Tiny size didn't work out for you! For me, it seems like a perfect middle ground between a small- and medium-sized bag. Perhaps you could just enjoy having some extra room in your Medium PS1? That's what I often do with bags that are a bit on the bigger side. Free space is nice to have! And if the bag is slouchy enough, it looks equally nice stuffed and half-empty.
I was quite sad that it did not work. I can deal with some extra space much better than a bag I have to carefully pack every time I use it.

I still use mine, I believe everyone is into the other legacy brands and now the hyped up upgrades to brands like Gucci, LV and the collabs that are invigorating those brands.
PS still has its core user I believe but like other brands like Rag&Bone sometimes they do have their time where people drift into other designers, same thing with Mansur Gavriel and etc. Then you have the rise of Strathberry, Everlane, Claire V, and etc, giving rise to minimalist and smooth leather bags.

Whenever I go to Bergdorf (pre-covid), I still see the new styles and etc with folks looking at them in passing. For me, I never get tired of PS. I will say my favorite of the PS bags are the patterns, Large, XL, and the paper bag tote. I never really got into the PS11 and the clutches while cute, I hardly carry those. I still buy but if I want to add my collection a certain piece I never had before or couldnt get when first released.

My love for Proenza Schouler ps1 collection is still going strong. I think they exude the type of casual coolness that fits my student lifestyle. Last year I managed to grab preloved ps1 suede in tobacco. So now I have two in total but would love to add more in the future. Ps1 navy suede Tiny or medium is currently on my wishlist.

The downside is that I gravite towards suede. And the weather where I live is dismal most of the year so suede is not the most practical material. Thus I wear my bags during spring, summer and early fall time and occasionally on few sunny winter days.

In addition to bags, I love their ready to wear designs, but sadly their clothes especially dresses are not made to fit my body type. I have a few skirts though from their pswl and main collection. I am hoping to add another one later this year.

Last edited:
My love for Proenza Schouler ps1 collection is still going strong. I think they exude the type of casual coolness that fits my student lifestyle. Last year I managed to grab preloved ps1 suede in tobacco. So now I have two in total but would love to add more in the future. Ps1 navy suede Tiny or medium is currently on my wishlist.

The downside is that I gravite towards suede. And the weather where I live is dismal most of the year so suede is not the most practical material. Thus I wear my bags during spring, summer and early fall time and occasionally on few sunny winter days.

In addition to bags, I love their ready to wear designs, but sadly their clothes especially dresses are not made to fit my body type. I have a few skirts though from their pswl and main collection. I am hoping to add another one later this year.
It's great that you wear suede whenever you like and not treat it as a strictly 'fall' or 'winter' material. That's exactly how I feel, too. And Tobacco is a beautiful color! Would you maybe like to post some modeling shots or just pictures of the bags/clothing? It's just that this forum is not very active, unfortunately, and I'm sure many of us would love some eye-candy.

I still gravitate towards Proenza as well. I managed to get a preloved XL in birch 2 months ago, which I’m so excited about lol. I have a PS11 and a medium PS1+ but really wanted the bigger size just for work and travel, hence the XL. I think the satchels are classic and timeless!

Timeless and classic indeed. I own 16 handbags. Among those are nine satchels in different sizes, colours and materials made by three companies.

I hope you get your xl ps1. Please do a reveal when you get one. :smile:

Reactions: KayuuKathey
It's great that you wear suede whenever you like and not treat it as a strictly 'fall' or 'winter' material. That's exactly how I feel, too. And Tobacco is a beautiful color! Would you maybe like to post some modeling shots or just pictures of the bags/clothing? It's just that this forum is not very active, unfortunately, and I'm sure many of us would love some eye-candy.

I will when I wear them next time. :smile:

It's true that PS forum is nowdays so quiet. I know that this has not been the case in the past. I have read several useful old threads :smile: sometimes there are occasional activity, but other than that, it's pretty quiet here. I think the authentication thread is the most active of all threads. For this I am forever grateful for authenticators.

It's a shame really because the brand produces so many goodies.

Timeless and classic indeed. I own 16 handbags. Among those are nine satchels in different sizes, colours and materials made by three companies.

I hope you get your xl ps1. Please do a reveal when you get one. :smile:

I received the XL and just ordered leather conditioner, rain protector, as well as leather glue from Amazon. There are 2 very tiny tears that wasn’t mentioned in the listing. The overall condition was great (no color transfer, etc) so I kept it.