Is this vintage Jumbo worth the price?

Buy?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

NewbieNoob

Jun 14, 2020
I've always been interested in vintage Chanel, but I'm always afraid of fakes/ low quality/ paying a bad price . I missed a lot of sales/ auctions on the pieces I've wanted due to this fear, which has lead me to now.

It's been authenticated by Entrupy (even though I know it's only 96-98% accurate). There's no card, but there is a serial number that was listed (no picture of it though -I've asked for a picture but they said they can't post more).

It's for up for sale for $3900 USD+ taxes. Would you do it?

(Sorry the pictures aren't in order. I didn't know how to rearrange)

361443810274MSes.jpeg543133810273MSes.jpeg614254810275MSes.jpeg764538810272MSes.jpeg1222098810271MSes.jpeg1558249810273MSes.jpeg9474114810274MSes.jpeg9216902810271MSes.jpeg8630115810271MSes.jpeg5629974810272MSes.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh yes, it is USD. How much is it usually worth? I've tried searching around but not a lot of these are for sale currently and the sold ones don't allow prices to be listed. I can only look at lambskin ones. I thought caviar was more expensive than lambskin.

Oh yes, it is USD. How much is it usually worth? I've tried searching around but not a lot of these are for sale currently and the sold ones don't allow prices to be listed. I can only look at lambskin ones. I thought caviar was more expensive than lambskin.
That's a crazy low price for a Unicorn bag. Usually, vintage jumbo's are more commonly seen in lambskin so this caviar one is pretty rare. Fetching price for this unicorn is usually competitive with a newer caviar jumbo (maybe $1,000 less) in the second hand market.
If it has been authenticated and has all the bells and whistles (card and serial sticker intact), I wouldn't think twice about it.

Reactions: mlitmo and rutabaga
That's a crazy low price for a Unicorn bag. Usually, vintage jumbo's are more commonly seen in lambskin so this caviar one is pretty rare. Fetching price for this unicorn is usually competitive with a newer caviar jumbo (maybe $1,000 less) in the second hand market.
If it has been authenticated and has all the bells and whistles (card and serial sticker intact), I wouldn't think twice about it.
Sorry, I forgot to mention there's no card but they did have a serial number listed (not shown in any pictures though).

Wow in USD, that’s way too much. Do check out more YouTube reviews. At that price I rather get the single flap jumbo (below) I’m from Australia and usually I see them at US$3k

Check these bags out from Rebag. Much cheaper than what you were going to pay. Not much on fashionphile for the vintage jumbo xl.

Check these bags out from Rebag. Much cheaper than what you were going to pay. Not much on fashionphile for the vintage jumbo xl.

Her bag is not a Vintage Jumbo XL. The XL is slightly larger than this version. Hers is a vintage jumbo in caviar. I've seen this particular model go for $4500 in the past and this was several years ago. It's not as common as the lambskin version hence the competitive pricing.

Reactions: mlitmo
Her bag is not a Vintage Jumbo XL. The XL is slightly larger than this version. Hers is a vintage jumbo in caviar. I've seen this particular model go for $4500 in the past and this was several years ago. It's not as common as the lambskin version hence the competitive pricing.
Would you still feel comfortable buying it without the card?

Thank you guys so much you’ve been so much help :’)

Hmmm...I personally would have reservations if the card wasn't present but if the sticker wasn't there either then it would be hard no from me.
There is a sticker inside but no card. I’m wondering with the conditions this bag is in (no card, authenticated by Entrupy, sticker, and physical conditions) is it worth $3900?

There is a sticker inside but no card. I’m wondering with the conditions this bag is in (no card, authenticated by Entrupy, sticker, and physical conditions) is it worth $3900?
TBH, it’s $3900 because it doesn’t have the authenticity card. This bag with all of the accoutrements is easily over $4000 (USD). I collect vintage Chanel bags (mostly Jumbo’s) so I’m familiar with the pricing. Also, I came close to buying this same model a few years ago but the seller wouldn’t budge on the $4500 asking price.

TBH, it’s $3900 because it doesn’t have the authenticity card. This bag with all of the accoutrements is easily over $4000 (USD). I collect vintage Chanel bags (mostly Jumbo’s) so I’m familiar with the pricing. Also, I came close to buying this same model a few years ago but the seller wouldn’t budge on the $4500 asking price.
Oh so you’re saying without the authenticity card, the bag is automatically cheaper. Did the bag you came close to buying also not have an authenticity card? And usually how much value does the bag lose without the card?

Oh so you’re saying without the authenticity card, the bag is automatically cheaper. Did the bag you came close to buying also not have an authenticity card? And usually how much value does the bag lose without the card?
The bag I was going to buy had all the bells and whistles and was in excellent condition. Chanel bags that do not have the authenticity card automatically lose some value so they have to price it a little bit cheaper (even if the serial sticker is still intact).
Most collectors will only buy a complete set meaning the bag, card, serial sticker, and dust bag and/or box...the last 2 depends on how important is it to the buyer. If you can see yourself selling this bag in the future then the authenticity card will play a big part on how much you can sell this bag for. Most buyers do look for it when buying a Chanel bag.

The bag I was going to buy had all the bells and whistles and was in excellent condition. Chanel bags that do not have the authenticity card automatically lose some value so they have to price it a little bit cheaper (even if the serial sticker is still intact).
Most collectors will only buy a complete set meaning the bag, card, serial sticker, and dust bag and/or box...the last 2 depends on how important is it to the buyer. If you can see yourself selling this bag in the future then the authenticity card will play a big part on how much you can sell this bag for. Most buyers do look for it when buying a Chanel bag.
Ok so this is a fair price for what it is and considering it’s condition is unknown most people wouldn’t buy it.