How to replace my Palm Springs mini

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

Kikiweasel

Apr 1, 2017
Hi everyone. I have a Palm Springs Mini that I purchased in May 2017. Loved the bag but she was having some pretty serious wear, see attached pic, with cracked canvas and fraying loops. I visited with my SA and we are going to do a return.

Now, I’m torn as to what to get next. I’m considering two options as a replacement- the PSM reverse monogram or the Palm Springs PM reverse (only the pocket is reverse mono). I definitely want to get something a little different instead of straight exchange because I feel I made a lot of memories with my original PSM, and I think it’s time for a new look. I love the puffy straps on the PM. The reverse on the PSM is so nice and definitely different for my collection.

So, what would you do? Upsize to a larger backpack? Or get the same silhouette but in the full reverse canvas? Is the PM too large? If you have the PM how do you like it? Will I have similar issues if I get a PSM again? I would love to hear any feedback!

Attachments

• AEB8CE1D-50BD-47BA-8BB6-3209CB5464A8.jpeg
    AEB8CE1D-50BD-47BA-8BB6-3209CB5464A8.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 172
PS Mini in reverse got my vote!! :biggrin: Do they allow returns due to bags having some serious wear? If so, that’s good to know!
Sorry, I should have specified- I asked my SA if the cracking and loop frays were normal wear and tear and he said it was not- which is why the return was issued. I was surprised to see it because none of my other bags have done this and I baby them.

I have cracking canvas issue last year and my SA take back my PSM. They allow me to take new PSM or choose other bag. I didn’t choose PSM at that time because I was waiting for the new version (new zipper design)..
I keep on spying this forum and keep asking my SA regarding the new version to make sure no more cracking issues. Honestly I didn’t enjoy the replacement bag I choose because my heart is on PSM.
I bought the new version last May and I am super happy with it. The zipper is super smooth. I hope no more issues with the new design. I just love PSM. So my suggestion is you have to ask your self which bag made your heart sing. If you think the bigger size will suit your lifestyle better, then go for it.. Good luck..

I have cracking canvas issue last year and my SA take back my PSM. They allow me to take new PSM or choose other bag. I didn’t choose PSM at that time because I was waiting for the new version (new zipper design)..
I keep on spying this forum and keep asking my SA regarding the new version to make sure no more cracking issues. Honestly I didn’t enjoy the replacement bag I choose because my heart is on PSM.
I bought the new version last May and I am super happy with it. The zipper is super smooth. I hope no more issues with the new design. I just love PSM. So my suggestion is you have to ask your self which bag made your heart sing. If you think the bigger size will suit your lifestyle better, then go for it.. Good luck..
I love what you said. I’ve been thinking and I think the mini is the one for me... just in a new color. When I packed up the old PSM to send back I felt sad- and that’s how I knew haha. It’s also really great to hear you didn’t have any issues after.
just curious - what bag did you get when you first returned your PSM?

Reactions: balen.girl
I love what you said. I’ve been thinking and I think the mini is the one for me... just in a new color. When I packed up the old PSM to send back I felt sad- and that’s how I knew haha. It’s also really great to hear you didn’t have any issues after.
just curious - what bag did you get when you first returned your PSM?
I get Jersey tote. Just because I need to get something as an exchange. I don’t have DE bag at that time, so I was thinking it will be good for my collection. But I was wrong. I am not happy and I don’t use the bag.

Reactions: Kikiweasel
Hi! I am having the same issue and they offered to give me an exchange as well. I want to get PSM again because I love it so much. Did the bag have to be in stock at the store or do they order you a new one? I’m worried they won’t have it and I really don’t want anything but the PSM

Hi! I am having the same issue and they offered to give me an exchange as well. I want to get PSM again because I love it so much. Did the bag have to be in stock at the store or do they order you a new one? I’m worried they won’t have it and I really don’t want anything but the PSM
I sort of got lucky because everything has come together. A couple days ago my SA let me know that he had a PSM Reverse that just arrived in store! Before that happened we were just going to play it by ear and try to source a reverse online or via another store. I was willing to wait for it but now I don’t have to. I think it shipped today from the store. I think I could’ve got a credit to use anytime if they didn’t have in store but not positive how that would’ve worked.

I sort of got lucky because everything has come together. A couple days ago my SA let me know that he had a PSM Reverse that just arrived in store! Before that happened we were just going to play it by ear and try to source a reverse online or via another store. I was willing to wait for it but now I don’t have to. I think it shipped today from the store. I think I could’ve got a credit to use anytime if they didn’t have in store but not positive how that would’ve worked.
Thanks so much for the info! You’re so lucky! I’m waiting to hear back from LV as well because I really want to get my backpack back.

I am having the same issue and called the lv store that I purchased it from. The CA over the phone told me they can’t do anything about it and I would need to pay for repair..... how does this make sense. Do I have to go back to the lv store where I purchased it from or any? This is frustrating as it’s clearly the bag issue!

I am having the same issue and called the lv store that I purchased it from. The CA over the phone told me they can’t do anything about it and I would need to pay for repair..... how does this make sense. Do I have to go back to the lv store where I purchased it from or any? This is frustrating as it’s clearly the bag issue!

I emailed client services and was told to send pictures in to their repairs department. this took about two weeks and yesterday I received an email saying they would do a complete exchange but I have to go instore to do it. Maybe try that and see if they’ll do an exchange?