Horror! What have I done?

BBBagHag

Baghuntress
Sep 1, 2019
I was recently fortune enough to stumble upon this drop. Dead. Gorgeous. 2004. True red. In great condition. I didnt even get to take a picture before tragedy struck.... :crybaby:
There was a bit of schmuts on the front and without thinking about it too much I grabbed a baby wipe and swiped in across the front of the bag - and it left dark marks behind!! I dont know what to do! S. O. S. Please help!
3B903B6C-AA67-4380-B6CB-8240A6D8DD64.jpeg

+1 to let it dry.

Even when using regular leather cleaners (and sometimes creams / conditioners) recommended for leather purses it might seem a bit horrifying during application because the leather will absorb moisture (as Conni618 mentioned) - and often quite often unevenly, depending on application and any possible variation in finish!

Thank you all!
They have mostly faded but there are a few faint stains left...
I have these leather wipes from Amazon I’m thinking of trying. Would that be a bad idea? Leather honey?

:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:
I don't think I'd use leather honey on this colour. It has a tendency to show up any irregularities in the leather. ETA: I'm guessing that anything you do will only exacerbate the problem. If you try to darken the rest of the bag with conditioner for instance it'll just darken the darker spots as well. Just my guess...why not just carry her for awhile and see if the colour evens out with time?

Ok, maybe you’re right, maybe she just needs some fresh air. Ill keep you posted.

I don't think I'd use leather honey on this colour. It has a tendency to show up any irregularities in the leather. ETA: I'm guessing that anything you do will only exacerbate the problem. If you try to darken the rest of the bag with conditioner for instance it'll just darken the darker spots as well. Just my guess...why not just carry her for awhile and see if the colour evens out with time?

Reactions: RT1
What do you all think about sending to lovin my bags for a cleaning?

Muchstuff is correct. Please let it dry completely before getting too upset. Those marks are almost certainly coming up from within the leather because of the moisture. Hopefully, once dry, they will disappear.
+1 to let it dry.
Even when using regular leather cleaners (and sometimes creams / conditioners) recommended for leather purses it might seem a bit horrifying during application because the leather will absorb moisture (as Conni618 mentioned) - and often quite often unevenly, depending on application and any possible variation in finish!
Good luck!
Oh goodness - I have gone down the “I have to fix this” rabbit hole before, DONT DO IT! Just wear her, enjoy her and let it mellow into her patina. She’s beautiful and those spots aren’t noticeable!

I would say no. They are so expensive. But, if it bothers you that much then go for it!

just remember though, any cleaning can cause unevenness. It could end up worse than it is now. (I say from experience)

What do you all think about sending to lovin my bags for a cleaning?
I would say no. They are so expensive. But, if it bothers you that much then go for it!

just remember though, any cleaning can cause unevenness. It could end up worse than it is now. (I say from experience)

I also tend to be hesitant to send a bag out to a shop if my issues are relatively minor. Tho I’m also an artist & stubborn re: doing things myself lol.

I’ve seen great results people have posted from bag spas, but I’ve also seen horror stories, which gives me pause. I think if you decide to go for it, communication about what is expected and what kind of treatment you don’t want is important.

Enter flashbacks of the ultraviolet city I bought earlier this month from a seller who didn’t realize that the reputable spa she sends her bags to had repainted her entire purse...

Do you have pics of the bag / what the issues are?

You guyyyyyssss! I hung her up in the closet and left her there. Today I go to check on her and the stains are gone! It’s a Christmas miracle! Y’all were right, she just needed time. Took almost a month to dry up!

5910D9D5-7D28-42EB-A623-1E6CD2180E4F.jpeg

Muchstuff is correct. Please let it dry completely before getting too upset. Those marks are almost certainly coming up from within the leather because of the moisture. Hopefully, once dry, they will disappear.
Good luck!

I also tend to be hesitant to send a bag out to a shop if my issues are relatively minor. Tho I’m also an artist & stubborn re: doing things myself lol.

I’ve seen great results people have posted from bag spas, but I’ve also seen horror stories, which gives me pause. I think if you decide to go for it, communication about what is expected and what kind of treatment you don’t want is important.

Enter flashbacks of the ultraviolet city I bought earlier this month from a seller who didn’t realize that the reputable spa she sends her bags to had repainted her entire purse...

Do you have pics of the bag / what the issues are?