YSL Sunset Medium VS LV Mylockme BB

YSL Sunset Medium vs LV Mylockme BB?

• Total voters

ozorezanitako

Jun 10, 2020
Hi there, I'm torn between YSL Medium Sunset in Black Croc-SHW versus LV Mylockme BB in Black-SHW. Both are very similar in size and style. Both have clean silhouette and versatile for day to night. Both have almost the same price tag. The only difference is the leather, since I'm eyeing the beautiful mock croc of the Sunset while the Mylockme is only available in soft grained leather. My biggest concern with the Sunset is that many people have said it fits very little (thanks to the middle divider and stiff leather structure), while the Mylockme BB is actually pretty spacious for what it is. Do you own either one of these? Any thoughts?Screenshot_20200610-135639_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20200610-135421_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi there, I'm torn between YSL Medium Sunset in Black Croc-SHW versus LV Mylockme BB in Black-SHW. Both are very similar in size and style. Both have clean silhouette and versatile for day to night. Both have almost the same price tag. The only difference is the leather, since I'm eyeing the beautiful mock croc of the Sunset while the Mylockme is only available in soft grained leather. My biggest concern with the Sunset is that many people have said it fits very little (thanks to the middle divider and stiff leather structure), while the Mylockme BB is actually pretty spacious for what it is. Do you own either one of these? Any thoughts?View attachment 4753054 View attachment 4753055
I own the sunset in croc embossed and while it’s true that it doesn’t fit much, I personally think it’s more aesthetically appealing compare to LV Mylockme bb. Don’t get me wrong the LV is one gorgeous bag too but I think your deciding factor should be on which one will fit your need better. I’m use to carrying big bag because nature of my work but I carry my sunset on date night and other affairs. It provide ample space for me to fit my essentials. Hope this helps. Good luck :smile:

Hi there, I'm torn between YSL Medium Sunset in Black Croc-SHW versus LV Mylockme BB in Black-SHW. Both are very similar in size and style. Both have clean silhouette and versatile for day to night. Both have almost the same price tag. The only difference is the leather, since I'm eyeing the beautiful mock croc of the Sunset while the Mylockme is only available in soft grained leather. My biggest concern with the Sunset is that many people have said it fits very little (thanks to the middle divider and stiff leather structure), while the Mylockme BB is actually pretty spacious for what it is. Do you own either one of these? Any thoughts?View attachment 4753054 View attachment 4753055
Hi, i tried on the YSL Sunset Medium and it can fit the following:
  • Small compact wallet
  • slim card holder
  • portable phone charger (which is around the same size as a iphone)
  • sunglasses with slim case
  • hand sanitizer
  • slim wipes packet
  • some make up lipstick/eyeliner/powder
  • the external back pocket fit a phone
Hope that helps :smile:

Reactions: sprwmn89
I own the sunset in croc embossed and while it’s true that it doesn’t fit much, I personally think it’s more aesthetically appealing compare to LV Mylockme bb. Don’t get me wrong the LV is one gorgeous bag too but I think your deciding factor should be on which one will fit your need better. I’m use to carrying big bag because nature of my work but I carry my sunset on date night and other affairs. It provide ample space for me to fit my essentials. Hope this helps. Good luck :smile:

Thank you! I agree with you that aesthetic wise, I def prefer the YSL one. There's just something about it that is so chic! If it didn't have the middle divider it would have been perfect, but I guess I need to think whether I could deal with that since I like the bag so much

Hi, i tried on the YSL Sunset Medium and it can fit the following:
  • Small compact wallet
  • slim card holder
  • portable phone charger (which is around the same size as a iphone)
  • sunglasses with slim case
  • hand sanitizer
  • slim wipes packet
  • some make up lipstick/eyeliner/powder
  • the external back pocket fit a phone
Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you for sharing! I'll definitely keep this in mind :smile: The back pocket is useful but it is so tight that I probably wouldn't wanna stretch it by consistently putting my phone there. But it should be good enough for maybe cards or papers :smile:

The Sunset is just so much more aesthetically right...hard to describe why but it just looks better imho. Though with limited interior space, remember this acts as a beefed-up WOC and allows you to ditch a separate wallet.

Reactions: ozorezanitako
I have the sunset bag and it fits quite a bit if you pack it right. Don't use lots of pouches because they take up too much additional space. In mine, I carry a small LV zippy wallet, keys, phone (slips into the very front pocket nicely), hand sanitizer, airpods, hand creme, lip balm, lipstick, and sunglasses (either without pouch or in a slim fabric pouch). There is still some space for small items but this is pretty much my essentials.

I also agree with other comments that the YSL bag looks like a little nicer. There's something about the proportions and structure to me that makes it look a little more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.