First Gucci- Question About Pre-Order/Back Order

Lady Stardust

Je m'en foutiste
O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
Hi Everyone! I'm usually over in the Chanel and Balenciaga forums but I recently fell in love with the Marmont camera bag from Gucci and decided to make a purchase! I ordered the new pastel blue shade, and I just have a question if anyone knows the answer. I ordered mine from Nordstrom yesterday (only saw them pop up on Nordstrom a few days ago) where it said it was available for pre-order only and the estimated ship date is November 13th. However, I see now looking on the actual Gucci site, they list the backorder waitlist ship date as July. I'm contemplating if I should cancel my Nordstrom order and re-order from the Gucci site directly. Does anyone have experience with a pre-order from Nordstrom (from any brand)?

I highly doubt it will actually take as long as November, and I have a hunch the ship date will end up being the same as the Gucci site date, but not 100% sure. I think the only items I've ever ordered from Nordstrom on pre-order were makeup items and they usually shipped before the listed date, but the date was never months in the future like this. I also just want to confirm that I'll actually receive the bag, even if it does take until November. Just looking for some advice! I just want the bag as fast as possible! :biggrin:

I don't have any experience with Nordstrom but have ordered my pastel camera bag direct from Gucci (still waiting on it to ship). You could order direct from Gucci and if it ships first cancel the Nordstrom order. Or Cancel the Gucci order if Nordstrom ships first.

Thank you, I ended up canceling the Nordstrom order and ordering direct from Gucci. I feel better seeing July than November just in case lol

Hi Everyone! I'm usually over in the Chanel and Balenciaga forums but I recently fell in love with the Marmont camera bag from Gucci and decided to make a purchase! I ordered the new pastel blue shade, and I just have a question if anyone knows the answer. I ordered mine from Nordstrom yesterday (only saw them pop up on Nordstrom a few days ago) where it said it was available for pre-order only and the estimated ship date is November 13th. However, I see now looking on the actual Gucci site, they list the backorder waitlist ship date as July. I'm contemplating if I should cancel my Nordstrom order and re-order from the Gucci site directly. Does anyone have experience with a pre-order from Nordstrom (from any brand)?

I highly doubt it will actually take as long as November, and I have a hunch the ship date will end up being the same as the Gucci site date, but not 100% sure. I think the only items I've ever ordered from Nordstrom on pre-order were makeup items and they usually shipped before the listed date, but the date was never months in the future like this. I also just want to confirm that I'll actually receive the bag, even if it does take until November. Just looking for some advice! I just want the bag as fast as possible! :biggrin:
I ordered the pastel blue super mini marmont from the Gucci website last month when the estimated delivery date was July. It shipped on the 6th of this month and is scheduled to be delivered today! I think you might have better luck with the Gucci website.

I ordered the pastel blue super mini marmont from the Gucci website last month when the estimated delivery date was July. It shipped on the 6th of this month and is scheduled to be delivered today! I think you might have better luck with the Gucci website.

Thank you! That makes me feel better, I'm glad yours is coming early! I don't mind a bit of a wait but November seems crazy to me, I think the Gucci site is the better choice as well. I honestly didn't even realize you could order directly from the site, I'm so used to luxury sites only doing online for items like makeup/skincare and the fashion pieces saying "call for inqueries" etc. Now I know for the future!

Reactions: taypolo
I ordered a marmont pastel bag from the Gucci site 03/06, and it hasn't been shipped yet. Delivery was estimated between 15/06 and 31/07. I hope it comes soon:heart: