Shape leather tab authenticity code Chanel Gabrielle

ltjong

Nov 12, 2019
Hi! I have been looking at the Chanel Gabrielle for a while now. I am looking at preloved bags and I’ve come to notice that the leather tab which has the authenticity sticker on it, has different shapes. Mostly I see straight edges, but some also have cut corners. After browsing on purseforum I read that round corners are fakes. I have read in the same thread that the straight corners are authentic, but that still leaves me with the cut corners. Can somebody tell me if they know if Chanel not only changes the authenticity code stickers yearly, but also the shape of the leather tabs can vary? Thanks!

Hi!
I can’t comment whether it is rounded corners are authentic, but I thought I’d post a reference of my Gabrielle that I purchased from Chanel inside Nordstrom in mid 2019. I think most Neiman Marcus or Saks locations are open now, if you live in the US, and if you want to check out what they have to compare to.

AA8E54CB-1246-472A-A18F-A4674D04EF0A.jpeg

Reactions: ltjong
Hi!
I can’t comment whether it is rounded corners are authentic, but I thought I’d post a reference of my Gabrielle that I purchased from Chanel inside Nordstrom in mid 2019. I think most Neiman Marcus or Saks locations are open now, if you live in the US, and if you want to check out what they have to compare to.

View attachment 4753301
Hi! Thank you so much! I live in the Netherlands :smile: but thanks for the tip on Nordstrom anyway! I made an offer on a Gabrielle which has cut corners on the leather tab, but I will retract it now just in case and look for one with a rectangle leather tab instead.