HOT or NOT? 20P Chanel CC Trendy Bowling Bag

Hot or Not?

• Total voters

Debbie65

Dec 5, 2019
Hello Family!♥️ All opinions are welcomed. I'm wondering if I made a smart investment decision in purchasing my 20P bowler trendy bag.

I just purchased the 20P CC Trendy Bowling bag in black lambskin with gold hardware. It is the one with the Chanel (Trendy style) gold plate on top. I purchased it in small and it is the CUTEST bag ever in this size! :heart: To me, the size is a mini bag however it carries all your essentials pretty much due to the 2 zipper compartments located on each side of the bag. A full size wallet will not fit. A half wallet that is not too thick or a card holder is ideal so you will have room for other items. It's a petite size bag that is pretty roomy! It even has little feet on the bottom! :biggrin:

Well, in my opinion, it is pretty expensive for what it is. $4,200 without tax. With just a little more cash I could have gotten the Chanel 19 in the small size (however I have the 19 in the "medium" (large) size and thank goodness I got it before the $200 price increase)! Also there are flap bags and the top handle bag in small for slightly less! Anyhow, I love the look of this cute little mini petite bowler trendy bag but for $4,200 was it a smart purchase? Im not sure how it will do in the resale market. With the 19 being a classic the price will continue to increase but do seasonal items increase? The total with tax is $4,599. I purchased it because the size is adorable, it has the gold Chanel plate on top that I love and it holds alot for its size! It's a keeper for me but just wondering if I should expect to loose money on this bag if I ever resale and is this bag hot or not?:confused1: thanks to all!:biggrin:View attachment 4753099

Attachments

• 15917750597996586479346035853543.jpg
    15917750597996586479346035853543.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 1591775102495777808936973446787.jpg
    1591775102495777808936973446787.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_20200609-233634_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200609-233634_Chrome.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 613348792.jpg
    613348792.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 613348849.jpg
    613348849.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 15917762311136800614625919558812.jpg
    15917762311136800614625919558812.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 182
I love the bag.
Enjoy it !

MahaM, thank you! I love it too.:heart: But HONESTLY I think it is WAY over priced! I know that is the norm for Chanel, but come on...$4200!? I'm looking at it in all of its glory right now, and thinking of what I could have purchased for less! Like a Chanel bucket bag with the chain CC drawstring. But...at the end of the day THIS is what I wanted. I just can't get over the price for such a small bag. There is hardly any leather here! Hahaha! I just hope it holds it's value. I know the clutch on a chain (the 4in x 4in box with the Chanel plate on top) retails for $1800 and Fashionphile was sell it for $2600 and someone bought it! It is high in demand obviously. I hope my bag catches on. It will make me feel better about the price I paid.

Reactions: MahaM
It seems you really wanted this bag, enjoy it!
It’s a beautiful bag

Demicouture thank you for the positive vibes.:heart::biggrin: In your opinion do bowling trendy bags hold their value? I know people reading will wonder why did I purchase it if I was not ok with the price. Lol. Well it's more that I'm now looking at this bag and although it is cute and adorable, I do not think overall, which includes the quality, is not at the price of $4200. The leather is nice but not thick and plush. The chain is very light weight. I've seen some really high end replica bags and if I did not get this personally MYSELF at Saks, I may question the authenticity! Lol. ONLY because I expect more for $4200. Ok let me stop venting. I love the bag even if the quality is not there at $4200...bottom line! Lol. I just hope it retains its value over the years.

Reactions: demicouture
MahaM, thank you! I love it too.:heart: But HONESTLY I think it is WAY over priced! I know that is the norm for Chanel, but come on...$4200!? I'm looking at it in all of its glory right now, and thinking of what I could have purchased for less! Like a Chanel bucket bag with the chain CC drawstring. But...at the end of the day THIS is what I wanted. I just can't get over the price for such a small bag. There is hardly any leather here! Hahaha! I just hope it holds it's value. I know the clutch on a chain (the 4in x 4in box with the Chanel plate on top) retails for $1800 and Fashionphile was sell it for $2600 and someone bought it! It is high in demand obviously. I hope my bag catches on. It will make me feel better about the price I paid.
Don’t think about the resale price .
And yeah , I understand the guilt one feels for such a price. I actually do feel guilty when buying luxury items ( like paying all that money for just a bag!)
But if ur still considering buying Item from Chanel keep the one you chose and loved.
Trendy CC is more expensive than other bags and that has a nice design and appears practical.
If you see yourself using often keep it . If only occasionally return .
Good luck in deciding

Reactions: Debbie65
Don’t think about the resale price .
And yeah , I understand the guilt one feels for such a price. I actually do feel guilty when buying luxury items ( like paying all that money for just a bag!)
But if ur still considering buying Item from Chanel keep the one you chose and loved.
Trendy CC is more expensive than other bags and that has a nice design and appears practical.
If you see yourself using often keep it . If only occasionally return .
Good luck in deciding

MahaM, I'm keeping it. Lol. I may not like the price of this little bag, but I love the way it looks and it is very practical. I'm shocked on how much I can get in there! Ok ok. Lol. I'll TRY not to think about the price! And you are right, the Trendy pieces do cost slightly more so I will take that into consideration. But still, for such a small bag it is somewhat insane! Hahahaha! Thanks SOOO much for your input!

Reactions: MahaM
MahaM, I'm keeping it. Lol. I may not like the price of this little bag, but I love the way it looks and it is very practical. I'm shocked on how much I can get in there! Ok ok. Lol. I'll TRY not to think about the price! And you are right, the Trendy pieces do cost slightly more so I will take that into consideration. But still, for such a small bag it is somewhat insane! Hahahaha! Thanks SOOO much for your input!
Pls , later show us much fits in the bag .

I own a Chanel seasonal item that was really hot when it was released - the Just Mademoiselle bags, which Blake Lively was the face for - and I would be so lucky if I can get half of what I paid for it. For that reason, I never buy seasonal Chanel bags anymore, because it's really just not worth it. You're still spending thousands on a bag, even if it's really nice. For trendy pieces, I'd rather go contemporary brands. Just my two cents.

Hi Pinkrose! I appreciate your feed back! I agree with you, I was just hoping someone out there had a better experience. I have very low control when it comes to something I like. I do have a daughter I plan on passing down of she even wants it later. Lol. These bags are just so expensive! The classics are the safest bet! Thank you again for your input! I do appreciate it!

Reactions: pinkrose398