Jimmy Choo Zebra Ramona, Opinions Please!

ivylouwho

Handbag Connoisseur!
O.G.
Jun 30, 2007
I've been thinking about getting the Zebra Ramona for awhile now. Something about that bag I just love, but then there's a little something about it, that I think.. hmmmm :confused1: maybe not. Maybe I'm afraid I'll get bored with it fast or that its just too flashy and it will start to get on my nerves. I'm not sure what it is, I'm torn!

Ladies what do you think?
Opinions Please!!!!

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 63
I've been thinking about getting the Zebra Ramona for awhile now. Something about that bag I just love, but then there's a little something about it, that I think.. hmmmm :confused1: maybe not. Maybe I'm afraid I'll get bored with it fast or that its just too flashy and it will start to get on my nerves. I'm not sure what it is, I'm torn!

Ladies what do you think?
Opinions Please!!!!

You know, I feel the exact same way about this bag as you. Every time I see a photo of it, I love it! But I don't think I could pull it off....not that it's too flashy, but it's a bit much for me. Especially as an every day bag.

If someone gave it to me I certainly wouldn't turn it down, but I don't think I'd buy it.

However, if you love it.....get it! It's really cool looking! :supacool:

I love this bag and came very close to purchasing it last month when it went to 50% off. I think the main reason for not purchasing it was because I already have a Ramona & a Riki, so I decided to go for the Ring and the Rock:choochoo: but maybe I would have been better to have purchased the Zebra Ramona, I might actually receive the bag.

I say GO for It!:tup:

I love this bag and came very close to purchasing it last month when it went to 50% off. I think the main reason for not purchasing it was because I already have a Ramona & a Riki, so I decided to go for the Ring and the Rock:choochoo: but maybe I would have been better to have purchased the Zebra Ramona, I might actually receive the bag.

I say GO for It!:tup:

Hun? I don't think so! I just remembered that the Zebra bag is made of ponyskin. First of all, not a fan myself...leather or suede for me.

But ponyskin.....that would probably have been shipped as an "exotic animal"....yeah, no customs delay there! ;)

Dear Lord....look what they did with a watersnake.....can you imagine the delay with "ponyskin"?? :rolleyes: We'd be bailing you out of jail! :smile:

Hun? I don't think so! I just remembered that the Zebra bag is made of ponyskin. First of all, not a fan myself...leather or suede for me.

But ponyskin.....that would probably have been shipped as an "exotic animal"....yeah, no customs delay there! ;)

Dear Lord....look what they did with a watersnake.....can you imagine the delay with "ponyskin"?? :rolleyes: We'd be bailing you out of jail! :smile:

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I like the bag, but I'm not sure if I would pay for it or use it much. I like zebra print, but in the size of Ramona it's a bit of an overdose. But that's just me. If you love it, go for it!

Sorry to weigh in so late ...

I have mixed feelings about the zebra ramona as well. I've seen the bag, and also considered getting it when JC went 50% off. But, like you, there was something about the bag that I just wasn't excited about -- even for 50% off.

I think part of it is that it is distressed calf hair, which makes the bag look like it had bald spots. I bought the distressed zebra peeptoe pumps, but the balding in small quantities works on the shoes. However, with the ramona or riki, I felt like I was still spending a good amount of money on a bag that just didn't look it.

My SA told me they are redoing the zebra ramona/riki for cruise '07, but without the distressing. I think I will wait to see how those look, but it would still be a bag that I would wait to buy on sale.

I agree - there is just something not right about the distressed zebra. It looks better online, but IRL its just doesnt work for me - when I first saw it in the store I thought it was on sale BECAUSE of the bald spots!

When I first saw this bag, I loved it, then upon close examination, I noticed what has been referred to as 'bald spots', and thought that the price was a bit much for the bag, even though it is suppose to be 'distressed skin'. Now that it's on sale, I've been tempted, but it still is a lot for a bag that isn't too versatile, I probably would still buy it, but I have the MJ venetia in zebra calf skin from a few seasons back and how many zebra's can one carry. I do think it's a 'sexy' bag and makes a statement. Would be super sharp with the right outfit.