Travel Italia! All things all Italy!

I was wondering how some that live here in US were able to go on vacation regardless Americans not being g allowed on EU. I have seen quite a few famous instagrammers was wondering maybe they had two passports?

I'm traveling to Northern Italy and Southern France in June/July (covid-willing), and am curious how people are feeling about summer travel with vaccines, but still recurring waves of covid.
We have been to Bergamo in Northern Italy around All Saints Day in 2021.
Bergamo had been famous - or infamous - for many covid victims some months before.
But now everything was back to normal.

We have been to Bergamo in Northern Italy around All Saints Day in 2021.
Bergamo had been famous - or infamous - for many covid victims some months before.
But now everything was back to normal.

Oh, I love Bergamo!

We "discovered" it by chance on our way from Lago di Garda to Milano, when driving past on the freeway, and you only see the old town on the hills - I was so amazed at how much Bergamo has to offer and how big it is. I then spent a long weekend there - if I have to go underground, you can find me in Bergamo :smile:

5674009.jpg

Oh, I love Bergamo!

We "discovered" it by chance on our way from Lago di Garda to Milano, when driving past on the freeway, and you only see the old town on the hills - I was so amazed at how much Bergamo has to offer and how big it is. I then spent a long weekend there - if I have to go underground, you can find me in Bergamo :smile:

View attachment 5631594
I went to Bergamo this year for the first time and I also loved it :smile: Also their traditional 'Polenta e osei' cake was delicious :P

311298030_1843328399341192_7838320593180974014_n 1.jpg

Last edited:
just got back from italy last month. we did naples, pompeii and vesuvius, capri, the amalfi coast (stayed in positano as our home base and visited the other cities from there) then did a few days in rome before heading back. it was a great time! a restaurant we went to in positano, check out this view:nuts:View attachment 5631764
Ooh, so nice :love: I visited everything on your list - except for Amalfi and Capri - last summer and it was lovely... next on my list are Amalfi and Capri, hope to get there next year :heart: :biggrin:

Reactions: Winiebean
I've enjoyed reading through this tread to get ideas for my upcoming trip to Tuscany the last two weeks of October! We are arriving in Rome and spending one night before renting a car and heading north. We would like to spend one night in a smaller town or Agriturismo before heading to Florence for 3 nights. I see there are a bunch of chestnut and other fall festivals around this time. Are there any you would recommend? Most festivals haven't posted their dates yet but I'm crossing my fingers for the Monte Amiata region for Oct. 21/22nd.
I would also love recommendations for wineries with lodging and other places to visit. We are going to Lucca, Siena, and Montepulciano but haven't made hotel reservations yet.

Reactions: dotty8