Toffee Clemence questions

It looks like creamy toffee-
Honestly .... poop? If you even slightly think that - you should pass and wait for something you love.

Haha forgive me for I have not seen the colour irl. I saw a thread where someone mentioned gold and toffee are similiar colours except toffee has more yellow in it. If you're a parent already, you'll know what I'm referring to. :-s

I do love gold a lot and it's the first colour I would like to have.

Haha forgive me for I have not seen the colour irl. I saw a thread where someone mentioned gold and toffee are similiar colours except toffee has more yellow in it. If you're a parent already, you'll know what I'm referring to. :-s

I do love gold a lot and it's the first colour I would like to have.
As a parent, I know exactly what you mean.

I used to own a Halzan 31 in toffee clemence. It was a lovely light brown (and did not resemble poop). I ended up selling it when I found my barenia Halzan. However, if you love gold, then get gold. Gold is more of a deep burnt-caramel color.

Reactions: LuxNewbie
As a parent, I know exactly what you mean.

I used to own a Halzan 31 in toffee clemence. It was a lovely light brown (and did not resemble poop). I ended up selling it when I found my barenia Halzan. However, if you love gold, then get gold. Gold is more of a deep burnt-caramel color.

The reason why I'm on the fence now is because a toffee popped up on my local resale market. Gold was my aim since I found out about lindy in 2012. Now I realised there are so many pretty neutral colours. I'm wondering should I just bite it and get the toffee instead since it's the size I want. I just need a colour that goes with everything. No black for me as all my Chanels are black or midnight blue.

The reason why I'm on the fence now is because a toffee popped up on my local resale market. Gold was my aim since I found out about lindy in 2012. Now I realised there are so many pretty neutral colours. I'm wondering should I just bite it and get the toffee instead since it's the size I want. I just need a colour that goes with everything. No black for me as all my Chanels are black or midnight blue.
If you are drawn to the gold color, then my advice is to wait for the gold. I liked the toffee, but I didn't love it. Whenever I looked at it, I thought it was nice but not as nice as barenia leather. If you are just looking for a great brown neutral and this Lindy meets all the other reqs, then get it. Depending on how much you pay for it, I think Lindys hold their value fairly well if in the future you want to sell it. Especially if it is a popular size like the mini or the 26.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
If you are drawn to the gold color, then my advice is to wait for the gold. I liked the toffee, but I didn't love it. Whenever I looked at it, I thought it was nice but not as nice as barenia leather. If you are just looking for a great brown neutral and this Lindy meets all the other reqs, then get it. Depending on how much you pay for it, I think Lindys hold their value fairly well if in the future you want to sell it. Especially if it is a popular size like the mini or the 26.

Thanks! I'll sleep on it again. I'm on ban island for till the end of this month. So I have so time to see what else pops up

Thanks for the opinion on the colour. It's great to have another's opinion at this time since I can't see the colour for myself. (we're still on lockdown)

Anyway, I'm on ban island till end month or longer if possible so I'll sleep on it.

I was in the market for gold for my first bag. I was offered a toffee K and it just didn’t do it for me. It’s a lovely color, but if you are set on gold, just wait for that.

Reactions: LuxNewbie
View attachment 4750648 The leathers are different so that will influence the color a bit but from my calvi collection I have barenia, Barenia Fauborg, gold, toffee all together for comparison if that helps. The pic was taken in sunlight.

Does it look the same for clemence? Looking at them now, I probably would love all except the last 2.

I was in the market for gold for my first bag. I was offered a toffee K and it just didn’t do it for me. It’s a lovely color, but if you are set on gold, just wait for that.

Problem for me is that I can't see the colour in real life cos of the lockdown. It may only end next month

Toffee has black resin edges, something to consider. Much more obvious than the brown resin edges of Gold. Make sure you like it on the gold color, it’s personal taste.
I love gold and barenia and have lots of bags in both. When I saw a Jige in toffee, it was love at first sight! Right up next to my golds and barenias, it’s just a little lighter. I had’t noticed the black resin (it’s hardly visible on the Jige - only on the sides of the H clasp). But it does have the contrast stitching like gold bags. I think it’s a beautiful color! I bet you’d love it too!