O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
Hi would these baskets be ok to store lv items? I know pieces need to breathe

thanks

Attachments

• 450AF77C-15DA-454C-BB43-FFB6FB4B4D97.jpeg
    450AF77C-15DA-454C-BB43-FFB6FB4B4D97.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 290
Hey there, https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/product-care may be helpful. I also looked at this article to help me get some ideas how to store better:
https://www.christies.com/features/What-is-the-best-and-worst-way-to-store-my-handbag-9189-3.aspx
I would not follow the last item on the link saying best and worst ways. It says to store in the original box. Everything I have read/heard over the years says to avoid putting bags in a box. That does not allow for proper circulation. Putting in the cloth dust bag then on a shelf is good enough.

Happy Friday!!

How do you store your new bags and SLGs you have not used yet?

Items you have used, is it ok just keeping them in the dust bags and not the box?

Thanks!

Happy Friday!!

How do you store your new bags and SLGs you have not used yet? Items you have used, is it ok just keeping them in the dust bags and not the box?

Thanks!
I store my bags upright in their dust bags away from direct sunlight (especially important if the bag has vachetta leather) It’s also advisable to stuff your bag so it doesn’t lose its shape. SLG’s (i only have wallets and a key holder) i tend to keep in a drawer Some are in dustbags some aren’t. Not sure it matters so much about the SLG’s i’ve seen youtubers stack them back to back in display trays without dust bags.

I store my bags upright in their dust bags away from direct sunlight (especially important if the bag has vachetta leather) It’s also advisable to stuff your bag so it doesn’t lose its shape. SLG’s (i only have wallets and a key holder) i tend to keep in a drawer Some are in dustbags some aren’t. Not sure it matters so much about the SLG’s i’ve seen youtubers stack them back to back in display trays without dust bags.
Thank you! What do you think about the bags I have not used? Are they ok in the box? What do you stuff your bags with?

Thank you! What do you think about the bags I have not used? Are they ok in the box? What do you stuff your bags with?
I would suggest doing the same even for bags u haven’t used so they don’t end up mishapen from laying flat in the box. I stuff with air cushions which u can usually get for a good price from amazon/eBay or storage locker facilities.

Reactions: mrs.JC and KMA83
I would suggest doing the same even for bags u haven’t used so they don’t end up mishapen from laying flat in the box. I stuff with air cushions which u can usually get for a good price from amazon/eBay or storage locker facilities.
Do you have a picture of it? I’m looking online and I want to get the right thing. Thanks!

My CA reminds me every purchase to not store bags in the box.

On one shelf, I have my bags in a dust bag lined up with SLGs at end. I use a bag-specific pillow insert for my two Speedies, and helps diffuse creases. My epi Alma, mono Felicie and YSL pouch require no stuffing.

I plan to incorporate a closet organizer and hope to place them on separate shelves, and if anything,SLGs in a drawer.

Reactions: KMA83
My CA reminds me every purchase to not store bags in the box.

On one shelf, I have my bags in a dust bag lined up with SLGs at end. I use a bag-specific pillow insert for my two Speedies, and helps diffuse creases. My epi Alma, mono Felicie and YSL pouch require no stuffing.

I plan to incorporate a closet organizer and hope to place them on separate shelves, and if anything,SLGs in a drawer.
That is a good idea! I need to find some drawers. Here is what I have now, I am
Going to move my purses from the boxes.

Attachments

• 4FD91E3A-8AD3-404F-88E9-25DB8AB2C1DB.jpeg
    4FD91E3A-8AD3-404F-88E9-25DB8AB2C1DB.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 182