Hack to fix floppy handles

Shelby33

I can keep rhythm with no metronome.
Sep 12, 2015
For stuffing material, I discreetly take little pieces of the foam from my couch cushions.
Before:2020-06-06_09.46.15.jpg 2020-06-06_09.46.37.jpg
Then with the end of a small paint brush I insert foam here:2020-06-06_09.46.55.jpg
I keep doing this until the handle is firm.
After:
2020-06-06_09.47.09.jpg 2020-06-06_09.47.32.jpg
The foam has a sort on non slipness about it, I have bags that have been fixed this way for over a year and well used, the foam has not come out.
Hope this is helpful!

For stuffing material, I discreetly take little pieces of the foam from my couch cushions.
Before:View attachment 4749818 View attachment 4749819
Then with the end of a small paint brush I insert foam here:View attachment 4749820
I keep doing this until the handle is firm.
After:
View attachment 4749821 View attachment 4749822
The foam has a sort on non slipness about it, I have bags that have been fixed this way for over a year and well used, the foam has not come out.
Hope this is helpful!
OMG this looks a great easy fix and I’ve passed up so many bags because of the handles lol Thanks for posting!!

For some reason when I see really floppy handles, it looks like they're coming apart or pulling apart at the base, if you know what I mean...like the leather that's tucked in is going to pull out. They look fragile, I guess.

Reactions: Shelby33
I did this on my SW black because the handles had stretched, the cobbler thought the leather was strong enough and not comprised and to just leave it. So I figured it was OK to do it, and I use that bag a LOT and no problems. So I did it to two others and they have also been fine. I would not do it if the handles had stretched so much that there was a tear, and I usually don't carry enough in my bag to stretch them more.

For some reason when I see really floppy handles, it looks like they're coming apart or pulling apart at the base, if you know what I mean...like the leather that's tucked in is going to pull out. They look fragile, I guess.
I know exactly what you mean. Mine really have been ok, but I don't know how that leather in there is attached.

Reactions: Antonia