Chanel 2.55 classic discoloured burgendy interiour

anna_athena

Nov 14, 2009
Hi!
I have a question about a Chanel 2.55 classic double flap that I bought a couple of days ago preloved. The bag was originally bought in 2012 and is in black lambskin with silver hardware. The interior of the double flap is discoloured slightly on the sides and I cant figure out why. Most importantly I don´t know if I should try to treat the inside to see if the black staining is removable. The thought has crossed my mind that the bag might have been restained black, but it almost looks like it has been very sparsly used, with no scratches or damage on the sides, so it seems unlikely that it would have needed a restaining.
Does anyone have similar experience or any advice what I should do with this?
image1.jpeg image0.jpeg
Also the only damage I could find on the bag is a scratch in the lambskin just next to the CC turn lock.
Is this something that could be repaired if I take the bag to Chanel? I thought maybe the whole CC lock leather pad might be replaced. Its not something that bothers me greatly, but it would be nice to know if it is something that Chanel might fix. =)

image2.jpeg image3.jpeg

Thankful for your advice!

BR
Anna

Thats odd and I've definitely never seen it happen before on pre-loved classic flaps. Did you get the bag authenticated? Since it's pre-loved, I definitely recommend double authenticating... I would recommend Zeko's Authentication, she's very well trusted.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Thats odd and I've definitely never seen it happen before on pre-loved classic flaps. Did you get the bag authenticated? Since it's pre-loved, I definitely recommend double authenticating... I would recommend Zeko's Authentication, she's very well trusted.

Hi! Thank You for Your answer! I do believe it is authentic because I bought it from a vintage store i Stockholm which guarantees authenticity. It came with a

receipt from Cannes Chanel store and the ID matches both inside the bag and the authenticity card. But I can post a picture of the receipt just to be sure, if the receipt looks authentic.

Last edited:

Hi!
I have solved the mystery! The bag has been redyed. Which is a bit sneaky since the price doesn´t reflect this and the seller didn´t omitted to mention it. I will try to find out how much a redye affects the value and what a reasonable price would be.

BR
Anna

Reactions: Anesthestia
Hi!
I have solved the mystery! The bag has been redyed. Which is a bit sneaky since the price doesn´t reflect this and the seller didn´t omitted to mention it. I will try to find out how much a redye affects the value and what a reasonable price would be.

BR
Anna
If this helps at all, I bought a chanel classic flap m/l just 2-3 weeks ago SHW black lambskin, same combo as you, in prisitine condition full set for $2350 before taxes. The bag was from 2005 and the quilts were still puffy.
Redying affects the value by quite a large chunk and if you paid more than $2,000, I would be VERY hesitant to keep.

If this helps at all, I bought a chanel classic flap m/l just 2-3 weeks ago SHW black lambskin, same combo as you, in prisitine condition full set for $2350 before taxes. The bag was from 2005 and the quilts were still puffy.
Redying affects the value by quite a large chunk and if you paid more than $2,000, I would be VERY hesitant to keep.

Hi Anastasia!

It helps a lot, thank You! I really overpayed... 4100 euros, originally she wanted 4400 euros. I have contacted the reseller this morning and she told me to return it because the seller is not interested in lowering the price. I just found out that Chanel also refused to take in redyed bags for repair and service. I cant understand how some people reason. The seller bought it for 3100 euros and demands 4400 euro, 8 years later omitting the bad redye, greedy, greedy...
What a great purchase you made! Here in Scandinavia I haven´t seen a classic double flap in good condition under 4000 euros. I have been looking for this bag for some time now and can´t seem to find the right one for me, and now prices increase again!

Hi Anastasia!

It helps a lot, thank You! I really overpayed... 4100 euros, originally she wanted 4400 euros. I have contacted the reseller this morning and she told me to return it because the seller is not interested in lowering the price. I just found out that Chanel also refused to take in redyed bags for repair and service. I cant understand how some people reason. The seller bought it for 3100 euros and demands 4400 euro, 8 years later omitting the bad redye, greedy, greedy...
What a great purchase you made! Here in Scandinavia I haven´t seen a classic double flap in good condition under 4000 euros. I have been looking for this bag for some time now and can´t seem to find the right one for me, and now prices increase again!
Oh my goodness! That is SUCH a huge overpayment... Even if it wasn't dyed, the condition of that bag is not great. I think you may not be looking in the right places, are you in the Chanel Reetzy facebook group?