Did the dimensions of the classic flaps change?

Megan1

O.G.
Oct 9, 2011
Are my eyes deceiving me or did the dimensions of the classic flap bags change? Weren't the M/L Classic flap bags formerly 6.3" X 10.2" X 2.8" in size? Because the Chanel website has the dimensions now as 6.1" X 10" X 2.6" (and this "shrinkage" applies to the small and mini classic flaps and their classic wallets on chain)! So with the price increase, we also got "less bag" too??!?

Are my eyes deceiving me or did the dimensions of the classic flap bags change? Weren't the M/L Classic flap bags formerly 6.3" X 10.2" X 2.8" in size? Because the Chanel website has the dimensions now as 6.1" X 10" X 2.6" (and this "shrinkage" applies to the small and mini classic flaps and their classic wallets on chain)! So with the price increase, we also got "less bag" too??!?
:eek:I think you're right! On the Canadian site, the measurements for a M/L just dropped by 0.5cm for length, height and width!

Great catch and....whoa. The m/l most certainly did NOT need to be any smaller, IMHO an extra half inch all around would have made it so much better (and the thicker chains that are on the jumbo). Now we are truly getting less for more!

Reactions: Christofle
What we call the mini on the forum is what Chanel calls the small on the website. Maybe it was just the nickname we used and the website used the term small last year and they added another smaller size for some of the bags.

Last year an SA said they were going to discontinue carrying a size in the classic. I forget now but I think it was the medium. She said only department stores were going to carry it. Does anyone know? I feel like I would like a little bigger cross body bag than what we call the mini. I would have liked a size between medium and jumbo but they went the other direction!

What we call the mini on the forum is what Chanel calls the small on the website. Maybe it was just the nickname we used and the website used the term small last year and they added another smaller size for some of the bags.

Last year an SA said they were going to discontinue carrying a size in the classic. I forget now but I think it was the medium. She said only department stores were going to carry it. Does anyone know? I feel like I would like a little bigger cross body bag than what we call the mini. I would have liked a size between medium and jumbo but they went the other direction!
Not true. Mini on the site has always been mini flap, but it's not a classic Chanel b/c it doesn't have a double flap. The small classic double flap has always been produced, but not as readily available in the USA. They have not added any sizes for any CF, which comes in small, m/l, jumbo, xl, and xxl. Same as reissue which is 224/ 225/ 226/ 227 and a rare 228. Both also come in mini, but without the double flap, which makes them not considered to be Chanel classics, despite using the word "classic". Historically, small classic flaps were always more available in Europe and Asia, and are really just making their way back to the USA in the last couple of years. On the site, mini is always designated "mini". Any other size true classic flap is always just listed as "classic flap" or "2.55 flap" and the price helps you to know what size. The mini comes in rectangular or square, which hasn't been made much in the last few years. The price differential between a mini and any classic is always monstrously significant, by thousands of dollars, which is why the mini does so well. It's Chanel's "entry level" bag.

Hope that helps.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 8.29.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 8.30.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 8.31.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 8.31.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 8.36.17 AM.png

Last edited: