Help! LV LockMe Clutch or MyLockMe BB?

LV LockMe Clutch or MyLockMe BB?

• Total voters

xkyonkichix

Bag Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Hi everyone! I fell in love with the "Greige" color for LV this season and I want to purchase an item before the season ends, but I am torn to choose between a few options. I can't go into a store to try on the items myself, so hoping anyone with these bags can help me decide. I originally wanted the LockMe Ever BB, but they only offer the Greige color in the MM size, and that is much too large for me. I am 5"1 and prefer bags with multiple strap/wear options.
lockmeclutch.png
The new LockMe Clutch is a very interesting design! I love the top handle that reminds me of the Pochette Metis' and the detachable strap that can also be adjusted to shoulder or crossbody lengths is super appealing to me, but it is a new design so I don't have much information on it.

louis-vuitton--M56137_PM2_Front view.jpg

The MyLockMe BB has been on my radar for a while but I prefer gold hardware so I never pulled the trigger, but now with the beautiful Greige option, it's been in my cart. I love the envelope front flap but I do wish the chains were detachable.

Do you have either of these styles? Which do you prefer? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!

I‘m in the same boat like you. I wanted a Lockme-Style in the new color bleu Olympe and made my decision between the Lockme Ever bb, the Lockme Clutch (from pictures) and the MyLockme bb.
The Lockme Ever bb was on my radar since a few month. With 2 enormous price increases on this bag I decided that it is not worth it to me anymore. I first checked this bag when it was under 2.000€ and that was ok for me. Now nearly 400€ more it was too expensive for me, because I don‘t have long experiences with the leather and the edges looked prone to wear and tear to me. The style is beautiful, the leather very soft and so is the whole bag. I‘d love it a little more structured. My SA said this is more of a Business Style/a little bit boring, my boyfriend agreed. So this and the Price talked me out of it. And the strap was very short and not for crossbody.

The Lockme Clutch has a great handle/strap option. I love top handles, makes it easy to grap the bag. And the strap is so clever. I didn‘t like the straight flap, I would love it to be like the MyLockme bb briefcase style. And I didn‘t know the price in €. And I wanted something a little bigger which holds a bit more.

MyLockme bb: Great Style, so chic and clean. Love the look. A little bit on the heavy side and the strap is noisy. But I just love the look. It can be worn crossbody and long/short on the shoulder, it could be styled sporty or elegant and the price was ok, even though 2 increases made it +150€. So that was my choice, but I still love to look on the other two. [emoji5]

I think the Lockme styled are all beautiful and I love the new color and the Rose interior.

Reactions: xkyonkichix
I love all the LockMe bags. I previously owned the My LockMe BB and would highly recommend it. It's a great bag that is really functional. I currently own the LockMe Ever BB and am considering the Nano LockMe Bucket. I like the clutch, too, but could choose the MyLockMe BB between your choices. Let us know what you decide!!

Reactions: xkyonkichix
I have the lockme by n love it. To me, it’s a bag that holds essentials including a full size wallet. The clutch is almost like a wallet on chain, not a bag. I wouldn’t get it for that price, especially when u compare it with the lockme bb.

I‘m in the same boat like you. I wanted a Lockme-Style in the new color bleu Olympe and made my decision between the Lockme Ever bb, the Lockme Clutch (from pictures) and the MyLockme bb.
The Lockme Ever bb was on my radar since a few month. With 2 enormous price increases on this bag I decided that it is not worth it to me anymore. I first checked this bag when it was under 2.000€ and that was ok for me. Now nearly 400€ more it was too expensive for me, because I don‘t have long experiences with the leather and the edges looked prone to wear and tear to me. The style is beautiful, the leather very soft and so is the whole bag. I‘d love it a little more structured. My SA said this is more of a Business Style/a little bit boring, my boyfriend agreed. So this and the Price talked me out of it. And the strap was very short and not for crossbody.

The Lockme Clutch has a great handle/strap option. I love top handles, makes it easy to grap the bag. And the strap is so clever. I didn‘t like the straight flap, I would love it to be like the MyLockme bb briefcase style. And I didn‘t know the price in €. And I wanted something a little bigger which holds a bit more.

MyLockme bb: Great Style, so chic and clean. Love the look. A little bit on the heavy side and the strap is noisy. But I just love the look. It can be worn crossbody and long/short on the shoulder, it could be styled sporty or elegant and the price was ok, even though 2 increases made it +150€. So that was my choice, but I still love to look on the other two. [emoji5]

I think the Lockme styled are all beautiful and I love the new color and the Rose interior.

I had the same grief with the Lockme Ever BB too! Huge price increases like that just turn me off. I didn't even consider the corners, that's a good point. The straight flap on the clutch is not ideal for me either. I wish they kept the same "flap" styles like the other Lockme options.

I decided to get the Mylockme BB for those exact reasons! I wanted something more chic and versatile. The pink interior is definitely a huge plus! :biggrin:

Reactions: Nivahra
I love all the LockMe bags. I previously owned the My LockMe BB and would highly recommend it. It's a great bag that is really functional. I currently own the LockMe Ever BB and am considering the Nano LockMe Bucket. I like the clutch, too, but could choose the MyLockMe BB between your choices. Let us know what you decide!!

Thank you for sharing your personal experience! I decided to go with the Mylockme BB, so I am so glad you highly suggest it. The Lockme Bucket is ADORABLE too! It looks so luxe and that shape is timeless. :heart:

Reactions: Passerine123
I’m planning to get the Lockme Clutch

Received the Lockme Clutch today and already shipped it back. Found it heavy for the size and too short on me for crossbody.

Oh no! I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but I'm glad you can return it so you can find something better suited for you. May I ask, how tall are you?

I did order the Mylockme BB, but I still have the clutch in the back of my mind heh.

Anywho, thanks for sharing with me!

I have the lockme by n love it. To me, it’s a bag that holds essentials including a full size wallet. The clutch is almost like a wallet on chain, not a bag. I wouldn’t get it for that price, especially when u compare it with the lockme bb.

The lockme BB sounds like a dream! I'm so glad you enjoy it.

I just recieved my own today in the mail, so I am excited to see if my essentials fit too. I'll post some pictures soon!

The lockme BB sounds like a dream! I'm so glad you enjoy it.

I just recieved my own today in the mail, so I am excited to see if my essentials fit too. I'll post some pictures soon!
Awesome! Did u buy it in greige? I think it’s beautiful! If I didn’t already have one, I’d buy it in a heartbeat! Looking forward to your pics!

Oh no! I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but I'm glad you can return it so you can find something better suited for you. May I ask, how tall are you?

I did order the Mylockme BB, but I still have the clutch in the back of my mind heh.

Anywho, thanks for sharing with me!

I’m 5’4” and curvy. I also have a Mylockme BB and the strap seems longer to use it as a crossbody . However, I don’t use it that way because I think the leather on top of the flap could be damaged (dented) by the chain strap.

i just walked into stores today. lockme designs have never been appealing to me - until my SA brought out the new lockme clutch. he knows im looking for favorite mm currently and thinks the clutch could be an option.

the clutch has a good internal space, the colour is so good and that pink interior is so pretty! i could definitely fit more than a standard WOC. the straps are love, and sits perfectly as a crossbody (i'm 5.3ft). personally, i have a wallet in this same leather. its very soft to touch, super comfortable and luxurious feel. only problem is the leather scuffs very easily on my wallet and created lots of indents on the internal.. which makes me a little hesitant on top of that higher price point.

depends on your usage, if you do need something bigger i think the BB is a better option but if you want something versatile the clutch is great

Hi everyone! I had the BB and although it was very pretty, I decided to return the bag. I didn’t like the way the sides stuck out, in fear of corner wear. The pink interior is gorgeous as well but for some reason the bag came smelling like chemicals and the glazing was sloppy upon closer inspection. I didn’t love the bag enough to keep and thought it was too similar to my Saint Laurent LouLou bag, and held less too. I did take some photos in case anyone was still considering the bag and wondered what fits. If I didn’t already have my Loulou I would have exchanged the BB for a new one from LV. C6FFDF51-DFE4-471B-A9DB-4F5437D2B821.jpeg8DC20259-FAAB-492C-B3FA-4EAF041A94C9.jpeg7E313608-6CCD-488E-B82F-778C2C6249BC.jpeg026D9CAB-C717-47FD-A13D-96E55992C830.jpeg6ABD5A86-6C38-4EF0-9D45-8E939A63E402.jpegFA32DB95-8B64-4ACD-800D-3909332449CA.jpegB69378A1-2E20-4B13-9F9C-DF1CCA03C8E5.jpeg

Reactions: Tuliplvr
Hi everyone! I had the BB and although it was very pretty, I decided to return the bag. I didn’t like the way the sides stuck out, in fear of corner wear. The pink interior is gorgeous as well but for some reason the bag came smelling like chemicals and the glazing was sloppy upon closer inspection. I didn’t love the bag enough to keep and thought it was too similar to my Saint Laurent LouLou bag, and held less too. I did take some photos in case anyone was still considering the bag and wondered what fits. If I didn’t already have my Loulou I would have exchanged the BB for a new one from LV. View attachment 4773124View attachment 4773125View attachment 4773126View attachment 4773127View attachment 4773128View attachment 4773129View attachment 4773131
Is this an accurate representation of the Greige color? On the website it appears to have pink undertones but it looks like a mud grey here.

I’m thinking about getting the clutch for a wedding and a rosy grey would work but a mud grey wouldn’t.