Where do you hide your bags?

xbli5s

Feb 24, 2012
Ok ladies,

so I am such a paranoid person as I have been robbed before. So I’ve been coming up with super creative spaces to put my purses. For expample I threw a Chanel into the random pile of gift bags, or into an old Aldo or adidas shoe box, hidden into a pile of pads and also into my pile of plastic bags. And just to be on the safe side, I put all my boxes and shopping bags at my boyfriends so all evidence is gone.

I also heard robbers find something worth their while and they leave. So, I know this is frowned upon but I did buy a fake Gucci to put into my drawers to hopefully draw attention away from everything else. So hopefully IF this were to happen, they would just take that one and go.

where do you ladies hide your designer bags? If you do hide them or if you have any good ideas, please lmk!

Interesting question... haven‘t really thought about this.

@nashpoo yep same here.... if I hide money or papers- its gone for good :giggle:

@xbli5s Do you always hide them or do you put them away when you are on holiday or something?

I actually always hide them and I keep track by having photos in my phone haha. I just don’t want it to be a one swipe and everything to be gone especially when it’s 30-40k worth. it was devastating my first time around. Even if insurance covers, Its just such a hassle.

I definitely thought this thread would be about where you hide your bags from your husbands. :lol:

I live in a secured high rise so I don't worry about robbery, but I DO worry about fire and flood damage. So I keep all my bags in a purse closet near my entrance, with my most favorite bags closest to the door so I can grab an armful if I'm running out the door! (And yes, they're insured as well.)

I definitely thought this thread would be about where you hide your bags from your husbands.

I live in a secured high rise so I don't worry about robbery, but I DO worry about fire and flood damage. So I keep all my bags in a purse closet near my entrance, with my most favorite bags closest to the door so I can grab an armful if I'm running out the door! (And yes, they're insured as well.)

I actually laughed! Omg! I actually thought about that too! One persons mistake can turn lethal to everyone around them. Houses around my area have blown up because of weird things like.. husband was trying to kill his family etc. I thought about a fireproof safe tbh.

But robberies around the greater Toronto Area is just on the rise and I absolutely hate it. They’re no longer even scared of security alarms, Dogs and even cameras. They’re getting ruthless here.

Last edited:
I just leave my bags on the shelves in their dust bags. Don’t want them hidden as the leathers need to be aired and breathe. Beside it would be too troublesome and ends up not using them, if every time I have to dig them out and unwrapping them. If worse comes to the worse, at least my bags are fully insured in and away from home.

I actually laughed! Omg! I actually thought about that too! One persons mistake can turn lethal to everyone around them. Houses around my area have blown up because of weird things like.. husband was trying to kill his family etc. I thought about a fireproof safe tbh.

But robberies around the greater Toronto Area is just on the rise and I absolutely hate it. They’re no longer even scared of security alarms, Dogs and even cameras. They’re getting ruthless here.

I feel you! Vancouver downtown is at its worst crime rates in years, massive spiking since Covid started and a major homeless camp just evicted all the homeless there. This news segment from yesterday is just around the corner from my apartment!

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/police-seekin...-caught-on-camera-grinding-the-lock-1.4964685

I feel like robbers may ransack any apparel boxes, whether it be Chanel or Aldo. You may be better off hiding them in something completely unrelated? Like a cardboard box for a blender or a printer, etc.?

I just leave my bags on the shelves in their dust bags. Don’t want them hidden as the leathers need to be aired and breathe. Beside it would be too troublesome and ends up not using them, if every time I have to dig them out and unwrapping them. If worse comes to the worse, at least my bags are fully insured in and away from home.

Agreed. Make sure your dust bags stay slightly open too! :smile:

I feel you! Vancouver downtown is at its worst crime rates in years, massive spiking since Covid started and a major homeless camp just evicted all the homeless there. This news segment from yesterday is just around the corner from my apartment!

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/police-seekin...-caught-on-camera-grinding-the-lock-1.4964685

I feel like robbers may ransack any apparel boxes, whether it be Chanel or Aldo. You may be better off hiding them in something completely unrelated? Like a cardboard box for a blender or a printer, etc.?

Agreed. Make sure your dust bags stay slightly open too! :smile:

I’ve actually hid some in some old kettle boxes also. Canada is a mess. Stay safe in Vancouver! I sometimes don’t even feel safe carrying my bags to shop. I see people staring and I get erked. So I only wear them to weddings and special events realistically. My thought is that if they find one, fine. At least they won’t get them all.