Show Me Your Patina

cpster

Jan 7, 2007
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and just visited a LV boutique for the first time yesterday. I'm shopping for my first LV and the SA that helped me was great and showed me a number of different bags that I'm interested in. So far I think I like Alma in monogram the best, but am concerned about how the vachetta will patina. I'm wondering if it will get super dark over the years. I love the monogram pattern, but this is a big purchase for me so I am not 100% sure yet as I don't know how dark the vachetta will get. I do like the honey color that I've seen in a lot of the postings on this site.

So I need your help! If you could post a photos of your monogram bags with vachetta trims and indicate how old your bag is I would really appreaciate it.

Thanks!

I would be VERY careful with the Alma. It has the Vachetta bottom and can get water and dirt stained VERY easy. I have seen a lot of people complain that the Mono Alma is to high maintenance. How about a Mono Speedy. Must less Vachetta to have to worry about. Or if you still love the Alma I would suggest Damier or Epi.

check the clubhouse thread, there is a thread there with patina'd bags .. Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and just visited a LV boutique for the first time yesterday. I'm shopping for my first LV and the SA that helped me was great and showed me a number of different bags that I'm interested in. So far I think I like Alma in monogram the best, but am concerned about how the vachetta will patina. I'm wondering if it will get super dark over the years. I love the monogram pattern, but this is a big purchase for me so I am not 100% sure yet as I don't know how dark the vachetta will get. I do like the honey color that I've seen in a lot of the postings on this site.

So I need your help! If you could post a photos of your monogram bags with vachetta trims and indicate how old your bag is I would really appreaciate it.

Thanks!