Scarves Autumn/Winter 2020 scarves

These threads are archived as part of our reference library, therefore please only post scarves on this thread from the season in the title.

If you are not sure, please do a search or ask in the ID this scarf thread before you post.
:drinks:

Try also not to keep posting stock photos once listed but offer your own photos to help others make their choices. Thank you :flowers:

hermeshound

Jun 16, 2019
Its usually about this time that we start to see a glimpse of A/W offerings for fellow scarfies from the Press Day. Obviously with the current situation this will be pushed back, maybe by months and with some people still waiting for S/S scarves, CLF in particular will there be a smaller collection for A/W 2020 or maybe not a collection at all with artisans, designers etc all not working?

Oh boy, here we go again...!

I'm one of those patiently waiting for both this madness to come to an end (hmmm....) and for a CLF when it does so, A/W certainly feels like a long time away for now, however, I imagine from a design perspective this season will have been in the bag for a while - I think they normally talk about scarves being planned 12-18 months ahead, don't they?

From a production perspective, there certainly could be some delays, but I also get a feeling that in recent years second print runs of popular models has been a thing, as has the whole staggered release schedule suggesting things aren't all made at once.

Either way, if only virtually I look forward to discovering what the artists have created for us and that this offers me an opportunity to dream!

Only Hermès will know, and even they probably wouldn’t be able to tell you right now. Lockdown in France is just extended until May 11th. Most Press Day events are held in various European countries and I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t do them at all for the upcoming season.

The collection has already been designed and decided on a long time ago. Also, Podium where the SMs place their orders for the boutiques was end of Jan/beginning of Feb. And they would have started producing some of the scarves in the first months as well, given launch date in Europe is July 1st (or let’s say, it’s supposed to be). At this time it’s a production issue.

I personally don’t believe in no collection at all for these reasons. But it also depends of course when France is no longer in lockdown. Perhaps they will push back the launch date, to also provide more room to sell the current collection? Maybe lower numbers per scarf or decision to cancel a design and/or CW if it was only ordered by a few boutiques? No noticeable change at all? Will have to wait and see unless someone already has some intel on production plans.
H will do what’s best for their employees first and foremost and I respect them for that, whatever they decide.

As a few of my very esteemed fellow TPFers have mentioned, I also believe that the new season has already been ready to go into production for a while. With the factories closed, it may take a bit longer to hit the stores though.
I have been waiting for 2 designs to complete my wish list for this season: Les Artisans &, of course, CLF. Although the former still pops up every so often on the UK or EU sites, it’s never in the CW I am after. As for the latter...Very much like my grail, Hippopolis, I suspect it will turn into one of those mythological creatures: a lot written about it but rarely seen IRL. Producing scarves the H way is labour and machinery intensive. I think they will want to focus on the new models rather than reprint some of the older ones.

As a few of my very esteemed fellow TPFers have mentioned, I also believe that the new season has already been ready to go into production for a while. With the factories closed, it may take a bit longer to hit the stores though.
I have been waiting for 2 designs to complete my wish list for this season: Les Artisans &, of course, CLF. Although the former still pops up every so often on the UK or EU sites, it’s never in the CW I am after. As for the latter...Very much like my grail, Hippopolis, I suspect it will turn into one of those mythological creatures: a lot written about it but rarely seen IRL. Producing scarves the H way is labour and machinery intensive. I think they will want to focus on the new models rather than reprint some of the older ones.

Wishing you luck completing your current season wish list! My SA doesn’t know what the impact of the virus is on the current and future production of the silks or the usual launch date (in Europe) of July 1st. Like many things, an H mystery for now.

But what about a little intel now that we have no press day pics to drool over?
With Hippopolis being your grail, maybe you can add another one from Ugo Gattoni coming season? :graucho: Finally a new design from him for AW2020, it’s a women’s 90 silk. :choochoo:

Wishing you luck completing your current season wish list! My SA doesn’t know what the impact of the virus is on the current and future production of the silks or the usual launch date (in Europe) of July 1st. Like many things, an H mystery for now.

But what about a little intel now that we have no press day pics to drool over?
With Hippopolis being your grail, maybe you can add another one from Ugo Gattoni coming season? :graucho: Finally a new design from him for AW2020, it’s a women’s 90 silk. :choochoo:
What? What? A new UG???? :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:Men, women...who cares. Most of my scarves are from the latter’s range anyway. All that matters is that it’s UGO!!!
Any more details? Theme-wise? Please, please, please...

What? What? A new UG???? :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:Men, women...who cares. Most of my scarves are from the latter’s range anyway. All that matters is that it’s UGO!!!
Any more details? Theme-wise? Please, please, please...

:lol::lol::lol: LOVE your enthusiasm!! 90 silks are not really my cup of tea and have only two, one of them a Ugo of course! (The first H scarf I went nuts for was Les Bains d’Hermès, hoping he does another one for the men’s collection.) So depending on the full design will have to make an exception for this one as well. Have to wait and see the details.;) But the name is La Légende du Cheval à Plumes. :tup:
Also, Le Grand Prix du Faubourg is coming as a maxi-twilly slim. :peace:

:lol::lol::lol: LOVE your enthusiasm!! 90 silks are not really my cup of tea and have only two, one of them a Ugo of course! (The first H scarf I went nuts for was Les Bains d’Hermès, hoping he does another one for the men’s collection.) So depending on the full design will have to make an exception for this one as well. Have to wait and see the details.;) But the name is La Légende du Cheval à Plumes. :tup:
Also, Le Grand Prix du Faubourg is coming as a maxi-twilly slim. :peace:

Ok your first post saying that there is a new design from him was the best thing I've heard all day except now this second one made it ever better! Sooo looking forward to this. I love love love his style & the little horses he did are just the best thing ever to me - they never ever fail to make me smile when I look at them. I'm hoping based on this name there's gonna be a horse :biggrin: