Scarves Hermes Cotton Scarfs

Klamotti3

Jun 26, 2019
Hello all,
I just odered a 66x66cm cotton scarf. Theme Puzzle.
I was wondering if anyone knows the cotton scarfs and is wearing them.
All of you only write about silk or cashmere.
Does someone wear the cotton ones too?
And if yes, what is your experience with them, in terms of washability and skin feeling.

Hello all,
And if yes, what is your experience with them, in terms of washability and skin feeling.

I have quite a few of the cotton scarves and am very happy with them. There have been a few different styles over the years. Some are a bit stiffer and have a slight sheen like a mercerized cotton; others are thinner, more like a traditional bandana. There were a few also that had a charm on the corner. And there have been several selections in the men's department. I don't believe they are currently in production in the women's section.
I find them to be quite soft, and wash well although I'm careful with the older ones because of color run. I often wear them as headgear, and find the mercerized ones to be a bit more slippery than the thinner ones. But I do like them both. HTH:flowers:

Hello all,

I have one of the men's 65cm cotton scarves from last year, and it is very nice cotton. Thick, but soft, and very nice to wear. Highly recommend and wish they would introduced more colors and fuller designs

I have a Mens collection Memoire Vive 100 cm carre in 58% cotton/ 42% silk from several seasons back. I find it very light & comfortable to wear. I was dubious at first because of the cotton (prior to that I just had silks or CSGMs), but I really loved the design so I bought it. Now it is one of my favourites for hotter wear. It has a slight screen like mercerized cotton, and is thinner and a bit stiffer than most of today's silks ( I say today's because over the years the 90s have been had both a crisper and a softer hand).

I just got two adada bandana ( one blue, one red) from the baby collection to wear as a face mask.
After one wash, the blue color runs like crazy. So I let it air dry and then washed it again. The second time the color still runs but a lot less. I wonder if I soak it in water overnight, maybe the color will run clear?
The red one did not have that issue but started to irritate my skin after I washed it. I developed skin rash. I wonder If anyone had any issues like me.

I just got two adada bandana ( one blue, one red) from the baby collection to wear as a face mask.
After one wash, the blue color runs like crazy. So I let it air dry and then washed it again. The second time the color still runs but a lot less. I wonder if I soak it in water overnight, maybe the color will run clear?
The red one did not have that issue but started to irritate my skin after I washed it. I developed skin rash. I wonder If anyone had any issues like me.

Sad to hear it runs! I do not recommend soaking something that has problems with dye run. Just rinse with soap and water quickly when you wash it and get out the excess water as fast as you can (with a towel).

I’m late to the party, but one-fourth cup table salt and one cup white vinegar added to cool water work together and should set the dye in cotton fabric. Swirl/keep moving in solution for a minute or so, then rinse with clean cool water. Roll up in towel as @bunnycat mentioned to remove excess water. :smile:

I’m late to the party, but one-fourth cup table salt and one cup white vinegar added to cool water work together and should set the dye in cotton fabric. Swirl/keep moving in solution for a minute or so, then rinse with clean cool water. Roll up in towel as @bunnycat mentioned to remove excess water. :smile:
Thank you, I will try your suggestion tomorrow :hbeat:

Reactions: turfnsurf
Salt and vinegar ladies, please elaborate.

I think you mean to do this once, early on, to set the dye and then the scarves should be set for future washings, is that correct?

Unless you mean we should do that every time. I don't think this is what you mean, but want to be sure.

I wash all of my scarves with The Laundress. I've see a little color run, but not much. Still, I'd rather prevent as much as possible.

So glad you started this thread, Klamotti. I'm in the habit of looking past cotton scarves (I buy pre-loved), but if I am ever to find a square Jungle Love in my budget, it's likely to be a cotton, so I've been trying to rethink the cotton angle. (Square because I have a silk JL twilly).

Also, until now, I hadn't considered cotton for warmer days. Love that.