Chanel Classic Flap 29 series....

I had a caviar 29 series, exchanged it for a lambskin 30 series.
Back pocket was misaligned, CC turnlock was a crooked. The leather was a tiny bit cracked on both sides of the front stitch where the flaps are connected. The caviar was rather matte and on the flat side.
I didn‘t like the look of the caviar, which is why I went with lamb. I don‘t think it was particularly bad looking though, just personal preference i guess.

I had a caviar 29 series, exchanged it for a lambskin 30 series.
Back pocket was misaligned, CC turnlock was a crooked. The leather was a tiny bit cracked on both sides of the front stitch where the flaps are connected. The caviar was rather matte and on the flat side.
I didn‘t like the look of the caviar, which is why I went with lamb. I don‘t think it was particularly bad looking though, just personal preference i guess.
Oh..no... glad that you got the one you loved in the end!

Reactions: Glitterbomb
Dear Chanel lovers,
We are already on 29 series classic flaps... what do you think about this series leather and/ share your 29 series classic flaps here[/QUOT
Hi,
I have got 29 series classic flaps in M/L in black caviar leather and made in France.
mine was perfect leather is shine.

Attachments

• 20191208_141846 (1).jpg
    20191208_141846 (1).jpg
    208 KB · Views: 608
  • 20200312_200154.jpg
    20200312_200154.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 596
  • 20200530_215719.jpg
    20200530_215719.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 579
I received a 29 series black caviar jumbo before the price increase and the leather was grayish and matte with flatter quilts. I didn’t love it so I had my SA send me another, which was a 27 series. The jumbo on the left is the 29 series.

Wow! My jumbo is also a 27 series. To be honest, I loved it because I got it from Rue Cambon, but deep down I worried whether the caviar was black enough or whether the quilts were puffy enough. But seeing your 27 compared to the 29 caviar makes me love my 27 all over again!
IMG_3955.JPG

This is my 29 series lambskin classic flap. I'm absolutely loving the 29's lambskin and how well it absorbs the red.

IMG_6584.JPG
IMG_6416 2.jpg

I received a 29 series black caviar jumbo before the price increase and the leather was grayish and matte with flatter quilts. I didn’t love it so I had my SA send me another, which was a 27 series. The jumbo on the left is the 29 series.
Wow. What a difference! I got a 27 series new Jumbo right before the price increase. I kind of hated to get an older series instead of a recent one, but I think that mine is not too matte and not too flat quilted, so I think that I'll keep it. I really think that M/L flap is shinier than jumbo OVERALL. Anyone have opinion?

Attachments

• IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 405
Wow! My jumbo is also a 27 series. To be honest, I loved it because I got it from Rue Cambon, but deep down I worried whether the caviar was black enough or whether the quilts were puffy enough. But seeing your 27 compared to the 29 caviar makes me love my 27 all over again!
View attachment 4744149

This is my 29 series lambskin classic flap. I'm absolutely loving the 29's lambskin and how well it absorbs the red.

View attachment 4744155
View attachment 4744159
When did you get your new 27 series jumbo?

Wow. What a difference! I got a 27 series new Jumbo right before the price increase. I kind of hated to get an older series instead of a recent one, but I think that mine is not too matte and not too flat quilted, so I think that I'll keep it. I really think that M/L flap is shinier than jumbo OVERALL. Anyone have opinion?

When did you get your new 27 series jumbo?

I might be crazy but your 27 series jumbo looks shinier and puffier than mine! (Or do I have a body dysmorphia equivalent for my jumbo??) Maybe with more use, mine will get shinier. Are puffier quilts generally more common in M/L than jumbo?

I got my jumbo last February (2019).

Reactions: prettyfox