Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

I just finished a fun and easy rehab! Many of you already know that one of my favorite reasons for rehabbing bags is that sometimes I have the opportunity to indulge myself with fun, frivolous, and impractical bags that I probably wouldn't buy retail because there won't be many opportunities to use them - and that's what this rehab is all about!

For only $30 I bought the Audrey Cinched Tote Sun Motif 19977 that was released in 2012 for $358. The bag was very dirty and had some nasty stains inside and out and the grip portion of the gold metallic handles were a bit worn, but the bag was intact and it still had both of the original hangtags.

See below for the before and after pictures. It was very grubby, especially the bottom, corners, handles, the lining, and in all the "high-touch" areas. I gave it a sink bath with Dawn and I scrubbed it very thoroughly and was happy that the stains came out easily. There are some stray ink marks inside the inner zip pocket that I was only able to lighten but not eliminate.

I stuffed the bag and let it dry and then treated the leather surfaces with Leather CPR. I used gold metallic paint to touch up the handle grips and I polished the gold hardware. I decided that this bag didn't already have enough bling so I decorated it with my Shells fob; that's all there was to it and now she's just in time for Summer!

Here are the Before and After pictures, I plan to spray the bag with Apple Garde to help keep her clean; what a fun and beautiful tote!

Audrey Cinched Tote Sun Motif, 19977 (2012) Before:
AudreyGoldSunTote_19577_Before_001.jpg

AudreyGoldSunTote_19577_Before_002.jpg

AudreyGoldSunTote_19577_Before_003.jpg

AudreyGoldSunTote_19577_Before_004.jpg

AudreyGoldSunTote_19577_Before_005.jpg

Audrey Cinched Tote Sun Motif, 19977 (2012) After:
AudreyGoldSunTote_19577_After_001.jpg

AudreyGoldSunTote_19577_After_008.jpg

AudreyGoldSunTote_19577_After_009.jpg

AudreyGoldSunTote_19577_After_012.jpg

AudreyGoldSunTote_19577_After_004.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished a fun and easy rehab! Many of you already know that one of my favorite reasons for rehabbing bags is that sometimes I have the opportunity to indulge myself with fun, frivolous, and impractical bags that I probably wouldn't buy retail because there wouldn't be many opportunities to use them - and that's what this rehab is all about!

For only $30 I bought the Audrey Cinched Tote Sun Motif 19977 that was released in 2012 for $358. The bag was very dirty and had some nasty stains inside and out and the grip portion of the gold metallic handles were a bit worn, but the bag was intact and it still had both of the original hangtags.

See below for the before and after pictures. It was very grubby, especially the bottom, corners, handles, the lining, and in all the "high-touch" areas. I gave it a sink bath with Dawn and I scrubbed it very thoroughly and was happy that the stains came out easily. There are some stray ink marks inside the inner zip pocket that I was only able to lighten but not eliminate.

I stuffed the bag and let it dry and then treated the leather surfaces with Leather CPR. I used gold metallic paint to touch up the handle grips and I polished the gold hardware. I decided that this bag didn't already have enough bling so I decorated it with my Shells fob; that's all there was to it and now she's just in time for Summer!

Here are the Before and After pictures, I plan to spray the bag with Apple Garde to help keep her clean; what a fun and beautiful tote!

View attachment 4744100

View attachment 4744101

View attachment 4744102

View attachment 4744103

View attachment 4744104

View attachment 4744110

View attachment 4744111

View attachment 4744112

View attachment 4744114

View attachment 4744115
Very impressive as always! How did the fine gold glitter throughout the fabric hold up?

It's called verdigris and it's a b*tch. I'd remove the turnlock as there's probably a bunch of it underneath it as well. Make sure to remove as much as you can while still dry. In dry form, it flakes and crumbles away, but wet in can smear onto the leather. Probably not as big of a problem with black, but still I wouldn't risk it. I'd pick the zipper teeth with a tooth pick or something similar. I've had success with the stem of a q-tip, cut at an angle to make a pointed tip. You could also try dry-scrubbing with a toothbrush.
Chances are it will come back to an extent when drying due to the moisture. I'd wait until the bag is completely dry and tackle it again then, vacuuming out the flakes, hopefully fewer than before.

Thanks for the tips! Im gonna try the angled q tip and dry brushing. This bag is in horrible condition but I got it for $21 so not complaining. I havent dunked it yet as I wanted to remove the green stuff first. Good thing I didn’t wet the bag though after reading your post! Also just as a little side mention- this is a convertible clutch that I bit the bullet and bought after you posted those city bag comparison shots for me so thank you for that :smile: this bag is going to need a lot of work but I think it will come out ok in the end. Ill post before and afters when its completed!

Thanks for the tips! Im gonna try the angled q tip and dry brushing. This bag is in horrible condition but I got it for $21 so not complaining. I havent dunked it yet as I wanted to remove the green stuff first. Good thing I didn’t wet the bag though after reading your post! Also just as a little side mention- this is a convertible clutch that I bit the bullet and bought after you posted those city bag comparison shots for me so thank you for that :smile: this bag is going to need a lot of work but I think it will come out ok in the end. Ill post before and afters when its completed!
Always happy to enable! The CC is a great style.

I just finished a fun and easy rehab! Many of you already know that one of my favorite reasons for rehabbing bags is that sometimes I have the opportunity to indulge myself with fun, frivolous, and impractical bags that I probably wouldn't buy retail because there wouldn't be many opportunities to use them - and that's what this rehab is all about!

View attachment 4744100

View attachment 4744101

View attachment 4744102

View attachment 4744103

View attachment 4744104

View attachment 4744110

View attachment 4744111

View attachment 4744112

View attachment 4744114

View attachment 4744115
That's a great price! I think the shells are a perfect fob for this bag! I never could find anything to use my shells for so I don't have them anymore, but I love that fob. You have this bag in the blue colorway, don't you? I remember how much that one cost.

Reactions: katev
That's a great price! I think the shells are a perfect fob for this bag! I never could find anything to use my shells for so I don't have them anymore, but I love that fob. You have this bag in the blue colorway, don't you? I remember how much that one cost.

Thanks! The totes retailed for $358 but I got the Fish tote at the outlet for $150. I also have the Coral Shell motif in a large wristlet.

AudreyCoralShellWristletAndBlueFishToteCoach001.jpg

I think that the Shells fob looks good with most metallics because it has gold, silver, and rosegold colors. It is also usually a good choice with bags that have rosegold hardware because they are often difficult to decorate IMO. Here it is on my Sig Khaki Parker Hippie:
ParkerHippie13420_04.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished a fun and easy rehab! Many of you already know that one of my favorite reasons for rehabbing bags is that sometimes I have the opportunity to indulge myself with fun, frivolous, and impractical bags that I probably wouldn't buy retail because there won't be many opportunities to use them - and that's what this rehab is all about!

View attachment 4744100

View attachment 4744101

View attachment 4744102

View attachment 4744103

View attachment 4744104

View attachment 4744110

View attachment 4744111

View attachment 4744112

View attachment 4744114

View attachment 4744115
Love it...perfect for the beach...what great rehab.

I think that the Shells fob looks good with most metallics because it has gold, silver, and rosegold colors. It is also usually a good choice with bags that have rosegold hardware because they are often difficult to decorate IMO. Here it is on my Sig Khaki Parker Hippie:
View attachment 4744179
one of these is for sale on the site Im trying to sell my bags on....how big is it and whats it like to use if you dont mind me asking

Reactions: houseof999