Scarves Which scarf format/material is your favourite?

What is your favourite H scarf size and type to wear?

• 90 x 90 silk

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • 140 x 140 cashmere/silk (CGSM)

Votes: 89 60.1%
  • 140 x 140 silk

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Giant triangle

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Twilly or Maxi Twilly

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Losanges

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Stoles/Mufflers

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 70 x 70 silk

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • 45 x 45 silk

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Anything mousseline

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters

CMilly

Mar 31, 2019
I am curious what types of scarf people like to wear the best. I have 90s, a couple of cashmere giant triangles and 140 CGSM and prefer the latter. I have thought about getting the 140 silk but worry they may be impractical. I am a bit bored (still in lockdown) and curious what everyone likes. The poll allows for two options per vote since I suspect many can’t pick just one!

Reactions: elle woods and 880
I voted for the silk 90s just because they still reflect/shade as silk (whereas cashmere colours are less forgiving).

They are:

The most versatile to fold/style/tie
Usually have most exciting designs in an option of cws
Strong
Light
Warm or cool
East to carry/pack
Easy to wash (unlike moussies)

BTW Some of your categories could split people. I think you will find that there are many that only buy either mousseilne stoles OR 140s. There are very few that would put twillies and maxi-willies in the same category, let alone the Maxi-twilly and the maxi-twilly Cut.

Also the cashmeres that I find the most wearable are the (men's) 100s.

Oh I need more than two options hahaha

Also I think my answer changed through my life because I have lived in a couple different places with quite different climates which changes the usefulness of certain formats (for example stoles/mufflers for colder climates).

If I am just thinking of what I love the most my vote is 90s. I just love looking at them a lot. But I think most worn is CSGMs. Like the poster above I find them easier to use with more casual outfits which is my style. So I’m voting on those two!

Last edited:
I favor the 140 in cashmere/silk as well as the 140 in silk because I use that to wear under my jackets
A spontaneous purchase was the silk plisse to fill in the neckline of a Hermes suede
& leather lined coat that needed something unexpected & colorful..

Last edited:
Reactions: CMilly
Oh I need more than two options hahaha

Also I think my answer changed through my life because I have lived in a couple different places with quite different climates which changes the usefulness of certain formats (for example stoles/mufflers for colder climates).

If I am just thinking of what I love the most my vote is 90s. I just love looking at them a lot. But I think most worn is CSGMs. Like the poster above I find them either to use with more casual outfits which is my style. So I’m voting on those two!
I am sorry I can’t change the categories. I just tried but it won’t let me!

Love of my life do you find the 140 silk easy to wear? I am debating if I want to give it a try but I am worried it will be a waste. I live in a four season climate.

I wear them primarily under my jackets in the cooler weather with a knot in the center & then tied.
I also wear them like a crossover but usually under a jacket or coat.
They work best with cotton, wool or cashmere. They slide on leather which I wear a lot seasonally.
I also think some patterns/designs look better in the silk as the colors seem more vibrant & lustrous.
The CGSM catch easily...so that is another deterrent but some patterns are just glorious
& I have purchased many of the same design in multiple colorways

I chose giant triangle and maxi-twilly (in the various formats/cuts). I’m terrible at intricate knots and ties, and tend to take off/put back on my scarves several times during the day. With a triangle or mt, it’s a simple wrap around my neck and I’m done! I’m not even concerned about what parts of the design are on display.

If I could a chose third - then definitely the losange (both men’s and women’s, all sizes) for is the same reasons mentioned above!

How do you wear the 140s? I just use a scarf ring for the 90s?

I have thought about a scarf ring for the 90 but haven't yet gotten one yet. For the 140, I don't know the proper technical terms for the styles but I wear it in similar styles to the shawls and have worn them in the warmer months with just blouses and in the fall/winter with jackets. For me, they just seem the easiest and less fussy to wear.

Reactions: CMilly