Help! Getting my first ever LV

shesnaps

Apr 18, 2020
Hi,

So I have been thinking about getting my first LV bag. I have a Mulberry Alexa but that was a gift. Considering this would be the first time I’m buying a designer piece on my own, I want to start with Louis Vuitton but I realize that I’m spoilt for choice. I don’t plan on owning too many bags from one designer so I guess I would have to narrow my picks.

For now I’m torn between getting the Alma BB / Neo Noe in epi or getting the Pochette Accessories. I’m okay with the bag just enough to fit essentials (phone, keys, etc.)

Reactions: waterina
Have you watched any YouTube videos about either bag? There are many reviews online that show what fits, comfort of straps, cost etc etc. The Pochette is very handy and versatile if you get an extra cross body strap for it - these can be found on Ebay etc. The Alma is definitely structured, but in the BB size works easily as a cross body. As far as the Noe, it depends if this shape/wear works for you. It kind of sticks out a little for me.
Try reading in the clubhouse here about each bag also:
https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/louis-vuitton-clubhouse.55/

I think you should buy both the Alma and the pochette accessoires. Alma as you handbag and the pochette as either a catch all in your handbags or an extra small bag for grocery shopping or when you only need your essentials. It's honestly so versatile so I believe it's a must have.

My aunt has a black epi speedy and that bag is over 20 yrs old but still stay structure and in great condition. Wish I had got one for myself :love:

I think epi leather is very well made. I actually tried on both Neo Noe BB and MM in epi leather and love that it is very structure and def will last a long time. It all depends on which shape you like better. I thin Alma BB is cute but more formal where Neo Noe is more casual. Both styls are beautiful. Good luck deciding! :flowers:

Although Pochette Accessories Is technically not a bag, out of those three options I’d choose it due to its neutral, this versatile design. I’ve heard that quality of Alma BB is superb in comparison to Speedy and Neverfull, but its “old lady” look just annoys me. Neo Noe in epi is a beautiful bag, but too trendy for me. So I’d choose either Pochette Accessories or would consider another bag with more classic shape.

Reactions: waterina
Have you watched any YouTube videos about either bag? There are many reviews online that show what fits, comfort of straps, cost etc etc. The Pochette is very handy and versatile if you get an extra cross body strap for it - these can be found on Ebay etc. The Alma is definitely structured, but in the BB size works easily as a cross body. As far as the Noe, it depends if this shape/wear works for you. It kind of sticks out a little for me.
Try reading in the clubhouse here about each bag also:
https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/louis-vuitton-clubhouse.55/
Thanks!! I will check it out

I think you should buy both the Alma and the pochette accessoires. Alma as you handbag and the pochette as either a catch all in your handbags or an extra small bag for grocery shopping or when you only need your essentials. It's honestly so versatile so I believe it's a must have.
Honestly this is so tempting to do
I just feel like the compared to the mini Pochette, the Accessories just fits more and is worth it.

Although Pochette Accessories Is technically not a bag, out of those three options I’d choose it due to its neutral, this versatile design. I’ve heard that quality of Alma BB is superb in comparison to Speedy and Neverfull, but its “old lady” look just annoys me. Neo Noe in epi is a beautiful bag, but too trendy for me. So I’d choose either Pochette Accessories or would consider another bag with more classic shape.
That is a concern that I have too actually. I’m worried that I would look like an old lady if I carry it just by its top handle. I totally get your point about the Neo Noe being quite trendy, I wish there was something else that would be right down the middle.

Reactions: janelled1
My first Louis Vuitton Bag was the Alma BB in monogram canvas, it is beautiful and looks very chic. I bought it this year in February. I just need to buy a smaller wallet since I only have big wallets. But if you have a smaller wallet there is enough space in the bag to fit keys, phone, lipstick, a small brush and some hand-sanitizer.
Unfortunately the strap of the Alma bb is too short for me to wear it as a crossbody bag, but I'm rather tall (180cm = 5'11'' ?), but it is possible to attach different straps on the bag.

That is a concern that I have too actually. I’m worried that I would look like an old lady if I carry it just by its top handle. I totally get your point about the Neo Noe being quite trendy, I wish there was something else that would be right down the middle.

My dear, only you know what makes your heart sing. If you have any doubts, then it’s not worth it. Those bags are way too expensive to settle down. When I was choosing my first handbag, I went straight for the most expensive in my collection handbag, as I wasn’t sure if I’ll splurge for another ever at that time. So buy only those that you absolutely love. Even if it means that you’ll have to postpone the purchase in order to save up. Let me know what you choose;)

I find the alma rather restricting as it is so structured and a little stiff. It will definitely hold your essentials- cards, keys and phone.. but that’s about it. Having said that the alma bb in monogram vernis is TDF. Very ladylike too!

Reactions: shesnaps

I thought so too that it looked a bit old lady...until I tried on the epi black Alma bb and fell in love. It’s sleek looking, more chic than the canvas prints...but I’m 41 and may be considered old lady. I looked at the DE version next to my Epi last week as many swear by it... and it did not make my heart sing.

Reactions: shesnaps