Chanel Le boy small or Chanel reissue mini?

Tulipifera

Apr 26, 2019
Hi everyone, I recently acquired a Chanel Le Boy small in white chevron / LGHW and reissue mini in black / shiny GHW. I am deciding which to keep. I have several Chanel bags to date but I’m missing a mini crossbody bag in my collection. Just to give you some history, I already have an old medium boy (gray) and a medium / size 226 reissue (red) in my collection. I also have a black classic flap. I love both styles and I love that both of these mini bags have 4 grommets so I can wear them as a shoulder bag and crossbody. There are pros and cons to both (in terms of color, price, etc) and I just want to hear other people’s feedback. Which will you choose and why? Thanks much!

Please note the picture of the white boy is from google. I didn’t take a picture of the bag I bought but it’s pretty similar except that the hardware of mine is light gold hardware. Thank you!

Attachments

• 81376DC7-2B9A-4FC3-A8A4-D74F711AABD2.jpeg
    81376DC7-2B9A-4FC3-A8A4-D74F711AABD2.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 455
Reactions: kylienarak
From "seeing" your whole collection, I think you're missing a white bag so I would vote for white boy. Is it caviar or calf? I would stay away from white lamb. Good luck deciding! ;)

You’re right, I am missing a white Chanel bag. The leather is caviar. And she actually just arrived today! So far I’m in love and I’m leaning towards keeping it. Thanks for the input!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 407
I love the shiny hardware on the Boy but don’t like it shiny on the 2.55. saw a 2.55 mini in shiny hardware and for me it looks sheap (sorry for those who own one). Nonetheless I like the 2.55.
The boy in white looks amazing! For me the boy is more a eye catcher

Reactions: Tulipifera
I love the shiny hardware on the Boy but don’t like it shiny on the 2.55. saw a 2.55 mini in shiny hardware and for me it looks sheap (sorry for those who own one). Nonetheless I like the 2.55.
The boy in white looks amazing! For me the boy is more a eye catcher

Hmm so the reissue is ordered preloved from Fashionphile. I was a little bummed and also curious to see what it will look like with shiny gold hardware. I much preferred the aged gold look too for reissue bags. I read that all reissue minis come with the shiny hardware for the 2019 collection. Do you know if Chanel is producing the aged hardware back for 2020? :smile:

Hmm so the reissue is ordered preloved from Fashionphile. I was a little bummed and also curious to see what it will look like with shiny gold hardware. I much preferred the aged gold look too for reissue bags. I read that all reissue minis come with the shiny hardware for the 2019 collection. Do you know if Chanel is producing the aged hardware back for 2020? :smile:

i think i saw seasons after 2019 reissue Mini with aged gold hardware?!?

they are and they are gorgeous!!! The white boy it nice but I’d worry about yellowing and discoloration. I recently purchased a reissue mini with aged gold and I love it. I sought out the navy, but black, grey and red also exists. (The grey is also stunning!!!)

Attachments

• D1501C55-E0A8-43EF-8313-364176EADD2D.jpeg
    D1501C55-E0A8-43EF-8313-364176EADD2D.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 312
they are and they are gorgeous!!! The white boy it nice but I’d worry about yellowing and discoloration. I recently purchased a reissue mini with aged gold and I love it. I sought out the navy, but black, grey and red also exists. (The grey is also stunning!!!)
That blue is stunning!! :nuts: Where did you find it? I live in a state that doesn’t have Chanel boutiques right now and my Neiman Marcus boutique currently doesn’t have any reissue minis. Congrats on your bag!! I already told myself the boy was going to be my last purchase before the price increase but now I’m already on the hunt for a reissue mini. Hah.

Reactions: luvednotspoiled
That blue is stunning!! :nuts: Where did you find it? I live in a state that doesn’t have Chanel boutiques right now and my Neiman Marcus boutique currently doesn’t have any reissue minis. Congrats on your bag!! I already told myself the boy was going to be my last purchase before the price increase but now I’m already on the hunt for a reissue mini. Hah.

My state also doesn’t have a stand alone Chanel store, and my local NM SA said they were out, so I settled on a Navy WOC but was super under whelmed .

I started texting SAs that were recommended on TPF and one of them was able to locate it for me! The best part? It shipped from my local NM, the one that said they had none and sold me a woc. Lol :yucky::biggrin::cool:

My state also doesn’t have a stand alone Chanel store, and my local NM SA said they were out, so I settled on a Navy WOC but was super under whelmed .

I started texting SAs that were recommended on TPF and one of them was able to locate it for me! The best part? It shipped from my local NM, the one that said they had none and sold me a woc. Lol :yucky::biggrin::cool:

May I have the SA’s info? :P