Celine Classic Box from Gilt.com?

leeannelee

Feb 6, 2019
Hey there! I’m looking to buy my very first Celine Bag and it’s the Classic Box Bag in color red. I saw a deal from Gilt.com but after digging around, It looks like people have mixed opinions about them.

Since the Classic bag is definitely an expensive bag, I am not sure if I am better off buying from the Celine website and pay full price, rather than buying from these websites that may sell me a fake one? Maybe peace of mind is better than saving a thousand dollars? :sad: What do you guys think?

Also, has anyone bought a Celine Classic from them and if so, was the bag authentic?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: ItsPurseonal
Hey there! I’m looking to buy my very first Celine Bag and it’s the Classic Box Bag in color red. I saw a deal from Gilt.com but after digging around, It looks like people have mixed opinions about them.

Since the Classic bag is definitely an expensive bag, I am not sure if I am better off buying from the Celine website and pay full price, rather than buying from these websites that may sell me a fake one? Maybe peace of mind is better than saving a thousand dollars? :sad: What do you guys think?

Also, has anyone bought a Celine Classic from them and if so, was the bag authentic?

Thank you in advance!

Have you heard of UseJewel? They give cash back on purchases, similar to Rakuten. I've used them for Celine when they are offering cash back on 24S (9% was the highest I've seen) and when 24S was running a "no tax/duties" special to the US. Not sure where you are located, but this ended up saving me about 16%. Not as low as the price you'd pay at Gilt, but 24S is an authorized seller that allows returns.

Here's the url to the 24s link:
https://www.usejewel.com/retailers/24-sevres

Have you heard of UseJewel? They give cash back on purchases, similar to Rakuten. I've used them for Celine when they are offering cash back on 24S (9% was the highest I've seen) and when 24S was running a "no tax/duties" special to the US. Not sure where you are located, but this ended up saving me about 16%. Not as low as the price you'd pay at Gilt, but 24S is an authorized seller that allows returns.

Here's the url to the 24s link:
https://www.usejewel.com/retailers/24-sevres
Thanks for this! I was also looking to buy from 24S, however, they did not have the color that I want (Medium size Red with Gold Hardware).

Reactions: ItsPurseonal

Thank you in advance!
Hi leeannelee,
Did you get your Celine Classic Box from Gilt? I am so tempted with the price too ;) But, kind of worry about the authenticity.

Hi leeannelee,
Did you get your Celine Classic Box from Gilt? I am so tempted with the price too ;) But, kind of worry about the authenticity.

Hi! No, I did not. I was afraid of the final sale so I did not purchase it and I also could not find enough decent reviews about them. I did however purchased a Celine Classic from italist . com. So far, I think the item is authentic. :smile:

I had a crazy experience buying a Celine box bag from Vestiare Collective. I initially purchased a teen box in camel from a buyer that has good ratings and sold 100+ itmes on Vestiare Collective. I negotiated for the price and it came to be $2800 after tax. The bag is never worn and has "original tags" albeit cut off from the bag itself. Vestiare Collective verified the bag to be authentic and when I received the bag, i was not suspicious. The bag feels okay, not as luxurious as I have hoped since I find the leather to be a little more rigid than I though and it's definitely not buttery soft inside, which is a big reason the bag was so attractive to me in the first place. I sat on it for while and decided to sell it back on VC. VC allows you to resell the bag on there instead of returning it for the price you got it for (you will lose the tax..) but I was not 100% happy with the bag so I decided to give it a try. I got a few offers and settled for $2500 and sent the bag to VC for the sales process. I became a little alerted when I have waited more than 10 days for VC to verify the bag when it should take 6 or less. I contacted the customer service via chat and they told me that they will follow up with me in a few days. A couple days later I received an email about refunding my original purchase. Obviously it's a better result for me because I would not have lost on the taxes and the price difference. However, I was confused and became suspicious if the bag was a fake. I emailed them back to ask about the verification and they confirmed that the bag was a fake or "not up to brand criteria".
There you have it - the bag is a fake and VC did not catch it in the first place. I am so glad that I decided to sell...otherwise I would have been stuck with fake Celine that I paid almost 3000 dollars for. When in doubt, don't buy. And when you are not happy with what you receive, don't settle.