Which backpack?

• Lock Me

• Epi Mabillon

Results are only viewable after voting.

SpeedyJC

Just a gal who loves purses, clocks and cats
O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
I need a new backpack so been doing some research. I am stuck between two, the Lockme Backpack (not the mini) and the Epi Mabillon. I am really confused as to which I should get. There are pros and cons to both.

Lock Me seems like it will hold more and the leather seems more comfy to wear on back. Two cons are I am not really a fan of the giant LV hardware on it and not if it would take a beating as well as the epi would.

Mabillon- I think the shape is more interesting, it just has the little LV in corner so not as noticeable and may look better on my small frame (5'2 90 pounds), Also I will save quite a bit, that really is not a huge deal to me but I am rather frugal so I always like to save. Cons would be I do not think I can fit everything I need into it. Would like to use it for outings with my dog so would need her water, bags, collapsible water dish, wipes and my stuff (wallet, keys, sanitizer ). Another con is it seems like the epi leather can be abit hard on the back.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

. mabillon.jpg lock me.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the Mabillon, but I tried on the Lock Me and loved it. Comfortable, soft, and really cute. The leather seemed durable.

Thank you that is helpful to know.

I love the lockme but if you are small, (5.2) It will be too big for you
Thank you for that photo. I think you are right , the large size lock me will be too large.

I h
I need a new backpack so been doing some research. I am stuck between two, the Lockme Backpack (not the mini) and the Epi Mabillon. I am really confused as to which I should get. There are pros and cons to both.

Lock Me seems like it will hold more and the leather seems more comfy to wear on back. Two cons are I am not really a fan of the giant LV hardware on it and not if it would take a beating as well as the epi would.

Mabillon- I think the shape is more interesting, it just has the little LV in corner so not as noticeable and may look better on my small frame (5'2 90 pounds), Also I will save quite a bit, that really is not a huge deal to me but I am rather frugal so I always like to save. Cons would be I do not think I can fit everything I need into it. Would like to use it for outings with my dog so would need her water, bags, collapsible water dish, wipes and my stuff (wallet, keys, sanitizer ). Another con is it seems like the epi leather can be abit hard on the back.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have the Lockme and love it. The leather is so plush and squishy. It’s comfortable and easy to get in and out of. You can also hold by the top handle for another look. It’s just a beautiful functional forever piece ❤️

As the backpack trend may pass, I would go for the cost-saving option, Mabillon. Epi is super durable and tough leather, you can barely see scratches.

Reactions: SpeedyJC
?

As the backpack trend may pass, I would go for the cost-saving option, Mabillon. Epi is super durable and tough leather, you can barely see scratches.

I been using backpacks since before it was trendy so that does not bother me but its good to know how durable epi leather is.

I LOVE the shape of the Mabillon, it is so unique. I do not think you can go wrong with this vintage bag.

Right? The shape is fantastic.

Thank you everyone who took the time to reply. Think I will be going with the Mabillon.