With Hermes, Never say never....

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
I hope this will be a fun thread that can keep the conversation going similar to the unpopular opinions. So what did you say you'd never get, love, appreciated about Hermes and now you do.
1. When i first became interested in Hermes I longed for the Birkin to have an optional shoulder strap. Now I don't...it's a tote!!!!
2. I was a Birkin Girl through and through, now I also love the Kelly. I thought it was too elegant for my lifestyle but I look through the how to wear a Kelly casually and see how it could fit nicely into my life. I have one...and I think I want two.
3. I only liked blacks and neutrals and would never, never wear a color. That even went for my whole wardrobe (NYer here!). Now I really appreciate the Hermes colors and want more color! (Still love black and neutrals)
4. Thought box would be too delicate and was afraid to try it, now it is probably my favorite skin
5. Was afraid to try swift or gulliver, again, now it is a favorite

On the whole my taste hasn't changed much over the years, I'm still a neutral girl, and my favourites are still Kellys and HAC/Birkins. One thing I have changed my mind about is Chèvre Coromandel: I hated the spine so never thought I'd want a bag in this leather ..... Now that it's not available anymore, at least new from the store, I'd love to have one!

On the whole my taste hasn't changed much over the years, I'm still a neutral girl, and my favourites are still Kellys and HAC/Birkins. One thing I have changed my mind about is Chèvre Coromandel: I hated the spine so never thought I'd want a bag in this leather ..... Now that it's not available anymore, at least new from the store, I'd love to have one!
Duna, I absolutely love chevre of all types. Always loved CDC...so beautiful.
Goat is my exotic. :P

Used to be a kelly person (kelly worn casually with a wider canvas strap)
Now I’m a birkin person. Used to be a gold hardware person. Now I’m a brushed palladium
Changing opinions is good. . . That way there is always fun in the hunt
Sadly, my opinions change, so I only know when I truly love something, when I’ve sold it (and have to buy it back (or buy it back twice) or when it’s been discontinued in the stores . . .
Was never a fan of the H enamel bracelets, but the bigger chunkier ones suddenly look appealing . With covid 19, I always disliked the rodeo charm, but even that is starting to look appealing
I do think the orange bag charm is horrible, don’t think that will change

I used to hate the Evelyne ... now I have three and it’s my most used bag.

The first time I saw a Kelly 35 I thought it was huge and looked like a briefcase ... now I have two K35s.

I never liked clic clac bracelets until DH got me one and I realized how comfortable it is ... now I have two (don’t see myself with a rainbow of them, though).

Our tastes and styles change and that’s a good thing, it means we’re evolving (or at least that’s what I tell myself as my wallet is crying!).

Originally, all I wanted were a couple of clutches. The octogone, then Baton de Craie, and later the Medor 29. Oh, I almost forgot...and the Verrou. Somehow, I ended up with all of them. Some in multiples. Not sure how it happened.

I had absolutely NO interest in a Birkin. Then, out of nowhere, appeared a birkin customized by Docride with engraved sterling hardware. Well.....that was that. My equestrian childhood spoke to me. It said, “Buy it or you’ll be whining for the rest of your life!” Realizing that was true, I did as I was instructed. I doubt that I’ll carry it much, as my clutches still rule, but just looking at it makes me smile......

I’ll play!

When the orange bag charm came out I thought it was dumb. Fast forward 3 months (during covid) .. I thought could be cute, now it’s sitting pretty on my Barenia B.

Hated the Evie, then thought the mini evie was so small and looked silly, now I have two.

always thought I loved the retourne style In a K, but since having a sellier, I realized how sloppy a retourne looks, and I hate how difficult it is to get into. I’m a Sellier girl all the way I suppose.

I use to hate the look of a Bicolor special order ... LOL.. now my first special order is a bicolor. HAHAHA

I always say, never say never with H. It just takes time.

Many years ago, long before I began my H journey, a friend gifted me a brightly colored twilly and I thought to myself, what on earth am I going to do with this? Now, I own a few to protect the handles of certain H bags. I still am not a huge fan of them, but I do like that they protect light colored bags. Also, I never imagined myself carrying an Evelyn since I am more of a handheld bag kind of girl, but I purchased one a few years ago for handsfree days at amusement parks and found it very practical and comfortable.

I wasn't too keen on the CDC bracelets. I thought there were a bit S&M'y and too much for my wrists. But now, I love the pop and statement. And I always thought I was a Birkin versus Kelly girl, but I actually have and use the Kellys more. Probably because the shoulder strap is a huge plus for convenience.