MIKIMOTO FANS: Show us what you have

I have tried both of them on and also the larger, more impressive South Sea Pearl sapphire earrings which are more than 3 times the price. The South Sea version was most impressive but, I really like the glow of Akoyas better. The sapphires really add interest to the earrings but, I wonder if the diamond ones wouldn't be easier to wear. The sapphires are so pretty. Flip. Flop. Flip.

I have tried both of them on and also the larger, more impressive South Sea Pearl sapphire earrings which are more than 3 times the price. The South Sea version was most impressive but, I really like the glow of Akoyas better. The sapphires really add interest to the earrings but, I wonder if the diamond ones wouldn't be easier to wear. The sapphires are so pretty. Flip. Flop. Flip.

I love Mikimoto pearls and only buy their akoyas. I am not interested in south seas at all as I do not like the satin finish. There is nothing like the glow of an akoya. I have studs in both 8.5mm and 9.5mm and that’s what I wear often. The Morning Dew did not have the same effect as a pearl stud as it didn’t pop. Maybe try some studs and get a larger size. I love both my sizes. The 9.5mm are my favorite.

The studs really light up my face.

Just my thoughts. Hope this was helpful.

Hi! I have tried them on about 5 times trying to love them and buy them. They do not “swing” on me and they look a bit stiff.

I really love the way they look, but not on me and I have tried!

Definitely try them on.

I got the sapphire Akoya Morning Dew earrings! I have short silvery grey hair and the sapphires add great interest. The pearls have enough movement to be interesting. They look beautiful with my 32 inch strand.

[emoji39]

I got the sapphire Akoya Morning Dew earrings! I have short silvery grey hair and the sapphires add great interest. The pearls have enough movement to be interesting. They look beautiful with my 32 inch strand.

[emoji39]

I would love to see a photo! Maybe I should try them on again for the 6th time! I really like the design and I wear long strands too!

Ladies, I'm just jumping into pearls and need to know where to start. I'm looking at Mikimoto necklaces, probably 18". Good classic wardrobe essential for a middle-aged lady with a mostly casual, preppy style?

Ladies, I'm just jumping into pearls and need to know where to start. I'm looking at Mikimoto necklaces, probably 18". Good classic wardrobe essential for a middle-aged lady with a mostly casual, preppy style?

Hi! I am a huge Mikimoto fan and have several strands. They are timeless and go with everything.
18” is the standard length that many get, it was my first strand. However, it is my least used strand as I prefer longer ones, opera length. I like the “swing” (ha!). I think for me, because I am petite, the 18” lands in no man’s land for me, so I tend to wear them when I wear a longer strand.

If 18” is a good length for you, it would be a great first piece. I also love pearl studs... they brighten your face due to the glow of the pearls, so while you’re at the boutique, try on some studs too! Mikimoto pearls (their akoyas) glow like no other.

Great choice and congrats to you!

Hi! I am a huge Mikimoto fan and have several strands. They are timeless and go with everything.
18” is the standard length that many get, it was my first strand. However, it is my least used strand as I prefer longer ones, opera length. I like the “swing” (ha!). I think for me, because I am petite, the 18” lands in no man’s land for me, so I tend to wear them when I wear a longer strand.

If 18” is a good length for you, it would be a great first piece. I also love pearl studs... they brighten your face due to the glow of the pearls, so while you’re at the boutique, try on some studs too! Mikimoto pearls (their akoyas) glow like no other.

Great choice and congrats to you!

Thank you so much! I was able to see them in person yesterday and came home with an 18" A+ 7x6.5mm strand! Yes, they are amazingly glowy, and I know I'll enjoy them forever.

Thank you so much! I was able to see them in person yesterday and came home with an 18" A+ 7x6.5mm strand! Yes, they are amazingly glowy, and I know I'll enjoy them forever.
Hi! Congratulations to you! I am so glad you were able to go in to a store, see them, and buy them! A+ is the perfect grade too! The glow and mirror finish is amazing.

And... hmm... perhaps you might want some pearl studs too! I wear my studs all the time (I have two sizes), and they just pop and make my face glow. You might like them too.

By the way, tip... when it's time to restring them, I would let Mikimoto do it. It's easy.. I just send them to the NYC address, they clean/wash them, restring them, and mail them back to you. It is not expensive at all and prices are very comparable to local prices. I just prefer the restringing be done with Mikimoto and their silk thread. They can also adjust the placement of your "M" if you wish to move it. Some of my strands had the older placement, and this past year, I had two strands restrung, so I asked them to move the "M" to the newer position.

I am so happy for you! I know the strand will look gorgeous on you! Congratulations again!

Hi! Congratulations to you! I am so glad you were able to go in to a store, see them, and buy them! A+ is the perfect grade too! The glow and mirror finish is amazing.

And... hmm... perhaps you might want some pearl studs too! I wear my studs all the time (I have two sizes), and they just pop and make my face glow. You might like them too.

By the way, tip... when it's time to restring them, I would let Mikimoto do it. It's easy.. I just send them to the NYC address, they clean/wash them, restring them, and mail them back to you. It is not expensive at all and prices are very comparable to local prices. I just prefer the restringing be done with Mikimoto and their silk thread. They can also adjust the placement of your "M" if you wish to move it. Some of my strands had the older placement, and this past year, I had two strands restrung, so I asked them to move the "M" to the newer position.

I am so happy for you! I know the strand will look gorgeous on you! Congratulations again!

I went back to look at studs, but came home with these. Studs are still on my wishlist, too, but I’m considering a stud with diamond jacket, if that is an option.

AB51351B-0804-48C9-B615-84A52CF4D537.jpeg