Repair center still closed? So delayed!

Hi there,
I brought something in for repair on May 9th and in my account it says it is already in Paris and has been checked and now it says it is being repaired at the moment and finally will be back on July 22nd for collection in store. Which makes 10 weeks.... I am secretly hoping it will be faster... but I guess in the current situation it‘s hopeless.
What did you bring in for repair?

Hi there,
I brought something in for repair on May 9th and in my account it says it is already in Paris and has been checked and now it says it is being repaired at the moment and finally will be back on July 22nd for collection in store. Which makes 10 weeks.... I am secretly hoping it will be faster... but I guess in the current situation it‘s hopeless.
What did you bring in for repair?
Reglazing on my pochette metis. It was sent to the repair facility on California , so I think that's why it is taking so long

Reglazing on my pochette metis. It was sent to the repair facility on California , so I think that's why it is taking so long
Oh okay...it was send to California! I didn‘t know you have a repair facility there. But as I think about it- it sure makes sense.
I was told they are working only like 30% of what they usually do in Paris- but there were weeks when nothing happened during the complete lockdown.
Here in Europe they slowly take back the restrictions, because numbers of new cases have gone down immensely. Fingers crossed it stays that way....
Good luck- I hope you get your bag back soon! :flowers:

Did you go through a store? Could it be because the stores are still closed, so the workshop has nowhere to send the bag to?
Yeah , it was shipped to the store the day they closed for covid then got sent back to Cali, where it sits. My store is now open, but they still said repair center is not open yet to send it back to them

Does anyone have recent experience with the Repair Center (US Dallas)? Are they back up to normal repair times if there is such a thing? I sent my daughter-in law's Palm Springs PM in for repair 9/29/2020. It is still not back yet and they can't give me any estimate as to when it will be fixed. She had a scooter accident with it which resulted in a small hole in the front panel canvas. At the time I took it in I was told that the repair could be done, that they had done it before. They would have to replace the entire panel. Given the bag is her absolute favorite (she calls it her second child) I felt it was worth it to do. Now they claim that they can't get the part and that is the holdup. I don't understand that given the bag is still currently produced. I will say that I was pretty disappointed in how thin the canvas is on the bag. I have heard complaints about that one but when I saw the hole it points out that is a fact. If anyone has insight or experience with that type of repair that would be great.