Advice for layering - which to choose?

SLM95

May 24, 2020
Hi everyone!

I need help deciding which vintage necklace to choose. My first ever VCA was the sweet alhambra, which I wear all the time. I wanted to get a vintage to wear alone but also to layer. I have always loved the MOP and can't seem to get my mind off of it, but feel silly having a vintage and sweet in the same color. I'm between MOP, onyx, and carnelian, but I'm having trouble getting MOP out of my head!

These aren't the best photos, but here's what I have for the layering!
I know how it is... so hard to choose. I love MOP too.
With your sweet, I prefer the onyx. All of them look great but to me the MOP (both being alhambra vs a sweet butterfly) is a bit redundant...
Maybe you can add a MOP bracelet later =)

Reactions: AntiqueShopper
Yes, thank you! I feel like together it is too redundant, but I feel like I won't wear them together as much as I had originally thought. That's why I wasn't sure if I should go with MOP.

I was wondering the exact same thing. I have sweet alhambra in MOP that I wear on daily basis. I love a dainty jewelry, but sometimes I want something extra. I was considering adding vintage alhambra in malachite to my sweet pendant, but seeing photos kindly provided by SLM95, I’m thinking that it might be overkill to have same motif in different sizes together. What do you think? May be someone has something else to suggest for layering sweet alhambra?

Last edited:
Hello! How do you keep from the necklaces from tangling together. I tried this,but they keep getting twisted up :sad:
i love to layer necklaces and also letting them be carefree and tangled is cool, rather than each in "perfect" presentation, what do you think? :P
i came across a vlogger
and she wears sweet + vintage necklace carefree, maybe you can get some ideas? enjoy!

Reactions: hhw
Hi everyone!

I need help deciding which vintage necklace to choose. My first ever VCA was the sweet alhambra, which I wear all the time. I wanted to get a vintage to wear alone but also to layer. I have always loved the MOP and can't seem to get my mind off of it, but feel silly having a vintage and sweet in the same color. I'm between MOP, onyx, and carnelian, but I'm having trouble getting MOP out of my head!

i get drawn to doubling MOP.....or sweet necklace could be a hammered gold? 2 different colour stones are a little overboard for me