Scrached lenses on Chanel Sunnies-Where to fix?

shmoo88

O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
I have a pair of pink Chanel sunnies...love them, but they fell of my head while having too many beverages at the PlayBoy mansion (had to throw that in there:graucho:) Although it makes for a fun story, I really want to get the lenses repaired, non prescription.

The local eye place by me said it'd be $250 to replace! The glasses only cost $395, so that seems a little extreme.

Anyone else have theirs repaired? Know a good place you can send them too that wont' cost the same as a new pair? I'd ship them out if need be ( I am in California)

How old are they and where did you get them??? My SIL returned a pair of sunglasses to NM a year after she had bought them because the lenses were scratched. I am not sure if that is an option for you....

How old are they and where did you get them??? My SIL returned a pair of sunglasses to NM a year after she had bought them because the lenses were scratched. I am not sure if that is an option for you....

I bought them about two years ago. Were they scratched due to her own fault? If so that suprises me you could return them ...wow.

I do love them, but I hate to pay what I could to buy a new pair just to replace lenses. I tried emailing the manufacturer...waiting to see what they say.

Normally Luxottica gives a 36 months guarantee on their sunnies, but I'm not sure if this applies to the lenses.

BTW, tell us more about the Playboy Mansion. Did Hugh made you drop your sunglasses? :graucho: