San Francisco Bay Area: feel the earthquake today at 4:30am?

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I did, it was quite a shaker! My husband checked online and he said it originated in Oakland and it was a 4.2. Boy, that's a close one! Even the cat didn't know what was going on!

Yeah I felt it. It was so strong and it scared the crap out of me. My fiance and our dog didn't feel a thing. I was going to call in sick today because I didn't want to catch BART to work (in Oakland), but I didn't.

My work desk is a mess. You can tell there was an earthquake.:yes:

When I woke up this morning my BF was watching the news on the bedroom TV, so the report of the earthquake was the first thing I saw this morning. It sounds like it was a real terror. I have no personal experience with earthquakes, and I have no frame of reference for them, but I hope that everyone along the fault line or in the area where the quake took place is okay!

Sure did! It woke me and DH up and felt like it went on FOREVER. It wasn't like an up-and-down violent shake, but more like a strong vibration that lasted a long while. Amazingly, neither of our kids woke up!

Yep, I felt it too...both my husband and I got up running to our son's room and we got stuck in the door! I remember I was living w/my best friend in Oakland in the 90's and there was an earthquake in the middle of the night and we both ran out of our rooms screaming and ran right smack into each other! It was funny. I sure hope a bigger one isn't around the corner:s.

Yep, I felt it too...both my husband and I got up running to our son's room and we got stuck in the door! I remember I was living w/my best friend in Oakland in the 90's and there was an earthquake in the middle of the night and we both ran out of our rooms screaming and ran right smack into each other! It was funny. I sure hope a bigger one isn't around the corner:s.

LOL!!! :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:! Just pictured both of those scenarios! LOL! Too funny! Glad your family is okay, though!:tup: