Questions on counterfeit fendis

lillian_lang99

May 20, 2020
Hey there. As I wait for my bag to get authenticated in the other thread, I can't help but wonder: does it makes sense to think that the older the bag (mine is late 70s/early 80s), and more rare the design is, the less likely it's a fake? I've been googling like crazy to find another bag like mine and have only come across 3 other bags w/ a similar-ish embossed scallop pattern, not even the same colour or design/shape. So I'm hoping that's a good sign....is there any truth to my musings? Do we know when counterfeiting of designer bags started?

I've just been noticing the more modern and popular the designs are, the higher chance it may be a fake b/c the design is more sought after and ubiquitous. Let me know if I'm wrong. Any input would be great. Thanks!

Hey there. As I wait for my bag to get authenticated in the other thread, I can't help but wonder: does it makes sense to think that the older the bag (mine is late 70s/early 80s), and more rare the design is, the less likely it's a fake? I've been googling like crazy to find another bag like mine and have only come across 3 other bags w/ a similar-ish embossed scallop pattern, not even the same colour or design/shape. So I'm hoping that's a good sign....is there any truth to my musings? Do we know when counterfeiting of designer bags started?

I've just been noticing the more modern and popular the designs are, the higher chance it may be a fake b/c the design is more sought after and ubiquitous. Let me know if I'm wrong. Any input would be great. Thanks!
I've seen some fakes for the older bags online lately. It's difficult because a counterfit bag could have a pattern that was never made and it would still be unique. I would think that you would need to be extra careful with older bags because there isn't much information on them. And given how designers change things up over time it would be hard to tell (for me at least). I find that if you already have a real bag or have experience with quality bags you may be able to feel the difference. Also, someone could be cherishing a counterfeit their whole life and never knew it was fake.

I am interested to hear the outcome of your authentication.

Reactions: Baseball_Jen
Hey Winter_Knight, Thanks so much for you interest. According to the authenticators on this forum AND from Authenicate4you, the purse was deemed authentic! :smile: This was the purse in question. It's my first designer purse ever and I'm so happy with the purchase. Still haven't taken it out yet. Maybe it will be today. ;)s-l1600 (1).jpg

Hey Winter_Knight, Thanks so much for you interest. According to the authenticators on this forum AND from Authenicate4you, the purse was deemed authentic! :smile: This was the purse in question. It's my first designer purse ever and I'm so happy with the purchase. Still haven't taken it out yet. Maybe it will be today. ;)View attachment 4859049
Beautiful! My first lux purse was also a Fendi! I picked it up earlier this year off Fashionphile. I'm so happy you found something you like at a good price that is authentic!!

Reactions: Baseball_Jen