J'adior Slingbacks in Technical fabric

iykyk

Oct 9, 2016
Hi all,

Hope you are keeping well and staying safe!
A couple of years ago I bought the black patent J'adior Slingbacks and loved them so much now I want to buy the nude colors. However on Dior's website, my size is out of stock for patent leather, only in technical fabric.

For those who own the fabric Slingbacks especially in the nude/light pink color (like in this picture), how do you find the wear and tear to be? I love neutrals but nervous about dirt/piling for the fabric. Did you find this to ever be the case?

Thanks so much and take care!

PS. Picture taken from Dior's website.

Attachments

• 11FFD91C-624C-4E4A-9A07-616B23C43589.jpeg
    11FFD91C-624C-4E4A-9A07-616B23C43589.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 122
Also if you could chime in on the size it would be great! I wore 34 for my patent but they get a bit tight if my feet swell a bit. So thinking of 34.5 for fabric...
Thanks so much again!

Reactions: MahaM
Hi all,

A couple of years ago I bought the black patent J'adior Slingbacks and loved them so much now I want to buy the nude colors. However on Dior's website, my size is out of stock for patent leather, only in technical fabric.

For those who own the fabric Slingbacks especially in the nude/light pink color (like in this picture), how do you find the wear and tear to be? I love neutrals but nervous about dirt/piling for the fabric. Did you find this to ever be the case?

I got ballerinas from same fabric and color.
The fabric is not that sensitive and it is easy to clean with damp cloth.
Regarding the size better you try them on or double check if they got the next smaller or bigger size just in case you need to exchange .
Patent Ja’dior are true to size ( i got the nude one). I got a fabric but not the same fabric (black ) and got half size smaller.
Sizing can be tricky .
BTW I love the heel height as the are elegant Without compromising comfort.

Reactions: iykyk
I got ballerinas from same fabric and color.
The fabric is not that sensitive and it is easy to clean with damp cloth.
Regarding the size better you try them on or double check if they got the next smaller or bigger size just in case you need to exchange .
Patent Ja’dior are true to size ( i got the nude one). I got a fabric but not the same fabric (black ) and got half size smaller.
Sizing can be tricky .
BTW I love the heel height as the are elegant Without compromising comfort.
I got my first patent j’adior kitten heels in size 34 but it felt snug in the summer when my feet swell a little. I love them so much that I decided to get a second pair haha.
I don't live near a boutique and stores are still closed, so I think I may end up getting either 34 or 34.5 in fabric.
Thanks for reassuring that the fabric can be wiped clean!

Reactions: MahaM
I got my first patent j’adior kitten heels in size 34 but it felt snug in the summer when my feet swell a little. I love them so much that I decided to get a second pair haha.
I don't live near a boutique and stores are still closed, so I think I may end up getting either 34 or 34.5 in fabric.
Thanks for reassuring that the fabric can be wiped clean!

Hi! Did you ever end up getting the nude inn technical fabric? How did you find them? The Dior boutique nearest to me doesn't carry my size so it would be a special order from Paris so trying to figure out what to get without getting to try any on first.

Hi! Did you ever end up getting the nude inn technical fabric? How did you find them? The Dior boutique nearest to me doesn't carry my size so it would be a special order from Paris so trying to figure out what to get without getting to try any on first.
Yes I did! I went with the size 34 to make sure the slingbacks don't slide off my feet. Although they fit great and are comfortable to wear, I could have gone up to 34.5 (my true size in most designer shoes). So I'd say these fit true to Size for average width feet.
Good luck and I hope you find the perfect pair, I love mine!

Reactions: wilz05
Yes I did! I went with the size 34 to make sure the slingbacks don't slide off my feet. Although they fit great and are comfortable to wear, I could have gone up to 34.5 (my true size in most designer shoes). So I'd say these fit true to Size for average width feet.
Good luck and I hope you find the perfect pair, I love mine!

Thank you!!:smile: So torn about whether to go with the nude patent leather or technical fabric. Do you prefer one over the other now (in terms of comfort, wear & tear)?

Thank you!!:smile: So torn about whether to go with the nude patent leather or technical fabric. Do you prefer one over the other now (in terms of comfort, wear & tear)?
Good question! Given it's winter time now and if you plan to wear them straight away, patent leather would be a good choice. I love the look of the nude patent leather! Technical fabric is such an iconic design though!
Comfortwise, my patent leather pair is definitely more snug and needed more time breaking in, but that's because I went 1/2 size down, whereas for my fabric one, it wasn't too bad.
Hope that helps!

Reactions: wilz05
Good question! Given it's winter time now and if you plan to wear them straight away, patent leather would be a good choice. I love the look of the nude patent leather! Technical fabric is such an iconic design though!
Comfortwise, my patent leather pair is definitely more snug and needed more time breaking in, but that's because I went 1/2 size down, whereas for my fabric one, it wasn't too bad.
Hope that helps!

Hello! Was wondering if you could provide an update as to how the technical fabric has held up? Does it get dirty easily? I love the look of the nude technical fabric, but am so afraid it would be a pain to clean. :sad:

Following. Anyone has an update on the wear and tear of Dior slingback in technical fabric, especially in the nude color? I just ordered a pair from the website and even though I love the style and comfort, I’m terrified of getting them dirty. Debating if I should keep or return them.

Hi all,

I have this exact shoe. It ran TTS for me and I normally wear a 39. Definitely if I had sized up the strap would have been too long and if I had sized down the strap would have been too short and pushed my foot in.

The only thing I noticed is that the tip of the toe box (the point) got scuffed quite quickly, but that may also be how I walk. It affected the sole (scuffed the sole at the very point) but didn’t mark the fabric. The rest of the body doesn’t attract dirt at all and I live in London so am not walking the cleanest streets around.

I will say that I expected them to be more comfortable based on the fact it was a fabric rather than leather but it took at least 4 wears before I stopped having blisters on my feet and could wear a good length of time in them. So don’t presume just because they are not leather you won’t need to break them in.

The colour I find really great. It goes with basically everything so very easy to style (even for me who knows nothing about fashion).

Despite the above, I would highly recommend these shoes even with the slight scuffing I found. Very light and makes your feet look great. Not too loud but adds that element of beauty as well. It took me a couple of wears to break them in but I do have wide feet would may have played a role.

edit; just read that your brought them. How are yours holding up?