Consigning with The Real Real TRR

Anyone ever had a consigned item returned to them from The RealReal WEEKS after it was already listed and sold?

A few days ago I got an email telling me that "A shipment containing your returned consignment items is on its way." and inside is one of my consigned items. When I look at my account, this item is now labelled "inferior quality", which I'm told often means that they deemed the item fake (it's not, and besides, this item has been listed for sale by them since March!).

Quite odd, all I can imagine is perhaps whoever purchased my item reported it fake and decided to return it, and The RealReal sided with them and so sent my item back? But it had passed the initial inspections, and had been for sale for more than two months with the original brand label. When it had finally sold about 2 weeks ago, I'd thought that was done and finished. Quite odd.

That is weird. Never had that happen, but they refused to list a vintage ring because the star sapphire was created. Gold and diamonds are real, I was honest it was a synthetic star and my “consignment coordinator” of the month said it was fine to send. But back it came.

Anyone ever had a consigned item returned to them from The RealReal WEEKS after it was already listed and sold?

A few days ago I got an email telling me that "A shipment containing your returned consignment items is on its way." and inside is one of my consigned items. When I look at my account, this item is now labelled "inferior quality", which I'm told often means that they deemed the item fake (it's not, and besides, this item has been listed for sale by them since March!).

Quite odd, all I can imagine is perhaps whoever purchased my item reported it fake and decided to return it, and The RealReal sided with them and so sent my item back? But it had passed the initial inspections, and had been for sale for more than two months with the original brand label. When it had finally sold about 2 weeks ago, I'd thought that was done and finished. Quite odd.

Is it possible that the buyer had a third party authenticate the item & TRR took it back based on the info they received?

All of this things, yes, but I did manage to get some great bags from them. Even with their faults I'd love to have continued to shop there but when the error was clearly theirs (I emailed CS and asked them to pass my thoughts to management, along with a copy of the email I received with the erroneous info) and they won't make restitution, I'll vote with my wallet.

Many of us did well early on as it seems initially quality control & customer service was more on top of various
situations.
As TRR has grown, many things about the site have taken a back seat & thus issues are not handled as well
as they could or should be.
Out of curiosity did you reach out to the CEO with all your correspondence? I think she should have known
about this experience. I would not be confident asking a CS rep to reach out to upper management to have shared
your thoughts & by the way it is never too late, JMO

Reactions: RT1
Many of us did well early on as it seems initially quality control & customer service was more on top of various
situations.
As TRR has grown, many things about the site have taken a back seat & thus issues are not handled as well
as they could or should be.
Out of curiosity did you reach out to the CEO with all your correspondence? I think she should have known
about this experience. I would not be confident asking a CS rep to reach out to upper management to have shared
your thoughts & by the way it is never too late, JMO
Good idea, I’ve reached out to CS for contact info for their CEO. They can keep the bloody $80 but they were clearly in the wrong and someone owes me an apology.

I broke up with TRR as well. I purchased a Tempete Bal Day a few months back, spent more than I would normally on any other site, but it was an HG for me. A few days pass, no shipping update. I emailed, waited two business days, no response. I called the next day, they told me due to inventory issues, the bag was no longer available & got a refund plus a $25 site credit that has since expired. The bag was up for sale for a few weeks after that though...[emoji848]

i hate to rain any more on the parade but I also just had an unscrupulous business dealing with the realreal. They recently had a promotion for site credit awards based on the amount you spent. I purchased a few things a decided to splurge (for me anyway) and buy an Ippolita Necklace to take me to the next award level. It was a multi item order and when it came, the Necklace was not in the shipment. I waited a couple more days and when it wasn't shipped 7 days after purchase, I sent an email to customer service.. they looked into it and after a couple more days, they said there was a warehouse inventory error and the necklace wasn't available. They refunded the purchase price and it knocked me down to the next lower award tier so I asked that they award the higher award since I did what was required ,, and even spent the refund on another purchase so i would still meet the threshold for the higher award. She said since i met the requirements, she would request for the original award and that if approved i would receive email with the promo code for the credit. I found out today that not only did they deny the request, they also have the very necklace that "wasn't available", for sale at a higher price!.. I would be very leery of doing business with them.. they are not the company they used to be..
Oooooooooooh - that is NASTY!!! I wonder if you could get them on the "Bait & Switch" law????